House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_dork

What Will Change When The Tories Get In?

I have voted for all 3 major parties as well as the Greens, depending on where I've lived and particular issues. I hate people who just always vote for the same party and offer blind allegiance as if they were football teams. I cannot wait to get rid of the current shower of incompetent, stupid and authoritarian morons. However, I'm trying to think of concrete changes.

I've grouped them below (know most will disagree with me on the EU) and would be interested to see what you'd add

Good

Clampdown on the more extreme benefits culture, (unlikely to want to upset too many though)

No ID Cards (though I think Lab will desperately jettison this before the election anyway)

No third runway

Will stop ignoring the countryside and offer practical environmental stewardship

May restore some degree of proportionality to punishment in our 'justice' system (though again, they are unlikely to radically upset the boat)

Again, not far enough but might see some better educational standards in our schools, less cynical encouragement of university for thickos, proper punishment of persistent troublemakers

Bad

Won't alter the fundamentals of our deregulated run amok economic system based on debt and house price 'wealth'

No further integration with the EU (this probably requires a separate thread but I see a mutual union of Europe as our best chance for economic prosperity, standing up to the Muslims and relating to the rest of the world. The temporary problems we've experienced with mass migration shouldn't let us forget this-for example compare how well the millions of Poles hvae integrated, learnt language etc. with 3rd generation immigrants from outside Europe. sorry, should have started that separate thread!)

So for me, the goods do outweigh the bads but I don't think they'll have the capability to seriously change things. As you can probably tell from the above, I don't agree with Thatcherite economics or indeed her foreign policy, but you can see why people wanted a serious change from the status quo. 30 years on and the time is right for such a figure again, Dave certainly isn't it but will tie things over nicely before Labour get their act together and come back with a package for the following election.

There is plenty that I don't agree with that Labour have planned or already implemented however there is not a person in this country who hasn't benefited from the money spent on public services which the tories always cut and that would be my major concern.

Guest UK Debt Slave
Nothing will change, this isnt the 70's you know?

Things have moved on and agendas have changed.

NuLabour Lite

A bit of tinkering here and there

Same bull$hit

however there is not a person in this country who hasn't benefited from the money spent on public services

All those not employed in the public sector or living on benefits have suffered overall. That's a lot more than zero, as you imply, but you could be right - it may be the majority that 'benefited'. Can you see the long term problem with that, though?

which the tories always cut and that would be my major concern.

Nonsense. Wake up. Whoever gets in will now have to cut - and how!

There is plenty that I don't agree with that Labour have planned or already implemented however there is not a person in this country who hasn't benefited from the money spent on public services which the tories always cut and that would be my major concern.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All those not employed in the public sector or living on bebefits have suffered overall. That's a lot more than zero, as you imply, but you could be right - it may be the majority. Can you see the long term problem with that, though?

Nonsense. Wake up. Whoever gets in will now have to cut - and how!

Well then taxes will have to increase because we are not going backwards and any party who alludes to cuts just won't get in.

If as often claimed the average salary is £25k, then most people with children under 16 are on benefits of some sort and they simply couldn't survive without them, added into the fact that the government is practically the only employer where I live that's a lot of labour voters.

If Cameron wants them he's going to have to think of something else other than cuts.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The local area where we live has improved 100% in terms of schooling, leisure facilities, street lighting, hospital waiting times, local business' have been doing well up until very recently, I feel really sorry for you if you haven't made hay whilst the sun was shining because you sure as hell won't be better off under the tories.

The local area where we live has improved 100% in terms of schooling, leisure facilities, street lighting, hospital waiting times, local business' have been doing well up until very recently, I feel really sorry for you if you haven't made hay whilst the sun was shining because you sure as hell won't be better off under the tories.

And what should i have done while the sun was shining? Gone and danced under some expensive street lamps? Gone back to school as an adult? Broken my leg so i could get a hospital bed? Funny how local busineses are doing well near you because all the ones round here are shutting down. Maybe i should put some artwork on the boarded up windows to pretend that new labour is working?

You are talking utter drivel and are obviously some kind of deluded new labour troll.

Guest anorthosite
What Will Change When The Tories Get In?

The % who vote yes in the Scottish independence referendum. There'll be a lot more of them.

Almost makes me want to vote Tory!

The % who vote yes in the Scottish independence referendum. There'll be a lot more of them.

Almost makes me want to vote Tory!

So why don't you?

How the hell can any person of conscience forgive Labour for their gleeful participation in the Iraq war which has led to a million deaths and five million displaced, and all based on a spunkblob of viscous lies ejaculated by the Liar-in-Chief Blair who has made a personal fortune out of his "public service?"

Millions of Iraqis now six feet under have no chance of making hay while the sun shines. :angry:

How the hell can any person of conscience forgive Labour for their gleeful participation in the Iraq war which has led to a million deaths and five million displaced, and all based on a spunkblob of viscous lies ejaculated by the Liar-in-Chief Blair who has made a personal fortune out of his "public service?"

Millions of Iraqis now six feet under have no chance of making hay while the sun shines. :angry:

And do you think any other party would have done things differently ?

And do you think any other party would have done things differently ?

As an excuse, that's as bad as "I was only following orders." And you are historically inaccurate. Harold Wilson for example resisted very severe pressure from the Americans to join in the Vietnam war. And what would have happened if enough Labour MPs had stood up to the Whips and defeated Blair in the Commons?

You and your fellow travellers are disgusting.

I don't know from where people think the Tories are somehow the masters for dealing with the benefit culture. There was just as much abuse under Thatcher and Heath as anyone else. The social security system has always been whipping boy of the right wing press and the major hate focal point to stir up the middle classes and respectable working class. This is to misdirect peoples anger away from Bankers and the like who are going to screw us manifold again. We didn't learn the first time round. We simply blamed Brown. It is not good enough to blame Brown, It us who let them get away with it.

You are talking utter drivel and are obviously some kind of deluded new labour troll.

Hear Hear

As an excuse, that's as bad as "I was only following orders." And you are historically inaccurate. Harold Wilson for example resisted very severe pressure from the Americans to join in the Vietnam war. And what would have happened if enough Labour MPs had stood up to the Whips and defeated Blair in the Commons?

That is one good thing that can be said about Wilson, he kept us out of Vietnam. I don't remember what the underlying policy was, but he saved a lot of British, American and Vietmanees lives. Oh and the OU was quite a good idea

And what should i have done while the sun was shining? Gone and danced under some expensive street lamps? Gone back to school as an adult? Broken my leg so i could get a hospital bed? Funny how local busineses are doing well near you because all the ones round here are shutting down. Maybe i should put some artwork on the boarded up windows to pretend that new labour is working?

So it's just about you is it ? Sorry that you live in a civilized society where schools and hospitals are very important, or go and live somewhere where they aren't and see how long you last.

That is one good thing that can be said about Wilson, he kept us out of Vietnam. I don't remember what the underlying policy was, but he saved a lot of British, American and Vietmanees lives. Oh and the OU was quite a good idea

And LBJ was a very hard President to stand up to.

Guest pioneer31

Your beloved Labour govt failed to!

Biggest boom ever and they p***ed it up against a wall

Oh what are you on about, thousands marched against the war and basically the powers that be ignored everyone and went ahead anyway so there was plenty of opportunity for the lib dems and tories to stand up and be counted and nobody did enough.