House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajay

Saccharin Used To Be A Poison

I was reading a book called Serendipity, accidental discoveries in science, that was discussing saccharin and said it was first banned as it was poisonous to the mice it was tested on.

Thank God profit is more important than health.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharin

It still is a poison in my book!

Avoid alongside all the other engineered muck like Cyclamates and Aspartame.

Use pure honey.

Use pure honey.

Yes.

Indeed, quite right.

Sorry, I am a abit confused now, am I turning into one of you?

:D

Yes.

Indeed, quite right.

What size Jesus sandals did you order from harrods ?

Guest portwinestain

This was interesting, although I couldn't give a stuff about Monsanto being a Jewish company. A lot of disinfo is steered into 'it's the jews' which I disagree with.

Guest AuntJess

Use pure honey.

My old auntie did and she lived to be 3 months short of 100. :o:D Honey really is the 'elixir of life' IMO.

Wise old owl she was.

Guest AuntJess
Yes.

Indeed, quite right.

It could be worse...you could be turning into one of them! :o ......... :P

You think thats bad then check out floride in our drinking water

no wonder people are having to buy bottled water.

Hittler also tried the same trick with floride to dump down populations but it's strange you never get to read about the next to all the other things we are told he did.

Hittler would not allow gas to be used on the battle field, winston needed stopping by parlamont and hittler let us go at dunkirk and far more russian were killed in camps (British invention) than jewish people but don't let facts spoil you war time propaganda stories.

Hittler also tried the same trick with floride to dump down populations but it's strange you never get to read about the next to all the other things we are told he did.

Hittler would not allow gas to be used on the battle field, winston needed stopping by parlamont and hittler let us go at dunkirk and far more russian were killed in camps (British invention) than jewish people but don't let facts spoil you war time propaganda stories.

Yeah, Hitler was a proper hero, wasnt he? :rolleyes:

I grew up with a capped well for my water source so the only dangers to me were the farmers fertilisers and pesticides.

Plus it tastes so much nicer, I can still tell the difference between tap and natural water, even if its both been chilled and carbonated. Personally I hate the water around London becuase its been processed & recycled upto 7 times as it passes down the thames and first I every visited London to stay for a weekend the water made me violentally ill. Same happened when staying in Germany. Go figure??? :blink:

You obviously cant handle your drink.

Use pure honey.

Honey is the biz or buzz, I'm a beekeeper. Bees produce some amazing other stuff like propolis which although difficult to extract is an amazing antisceptic and also used in the cosmetic industry.

Honey is also great for wounds, cleansing and moisturising skin. If you want to give your barnet a treat, get some honey and mix well with warm olive oil, use it as a pre-shampoo conditioning treatment but stay away from bees and wasps.

Honey is the biz or buzz, I'm a beekeeper. Bees produce some amazing other stuff like propolis which although difficult to extract is an amazing antisceptic and also used in the cosmetic industry.

Honey is also great for wounds, cleansing and moisturising skin. If you want to give your barnet a treat, get some honey and mix well with warm olive oil, use it as a pre-shampoo conditioning treatment but stay away from bees and wasps.

Nice.

Guest AuntJess

Yep. I am a great honey fan, too. Can't go wrong with it really. It can be used for so many things.

Guest KingCharles1st

I know quite a few people that have had runaway weight problems, and it seems the common factor in all cases is an addiction to diet coke. It's good for you because it is LOW CALORIE. :rolleyes:

I know quite a few people that have had runaway weight problems, and it seems the common factor in all cases is an addiction to diet coke. It's good for you because it is LOW CALORIE. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, the same ones who go for the super skinny soya latte with artificial sweetener to go with their massive slab of chocolate cake, bless 'em!

Propolis that is created there where bees have no access to materials such as lead paint and other icky stuff they happily incorporate (bees are quite lazy and practical), is probably quite nice. But anywhere in a built up area I'd not go near the stuff... I found this out when I started to wonder about bright blue flecks in my hive... yikes :blink:

And using honey as an antiseptic, guys please don't, whilst it has mild antiseptic qualities it also has lots of food for the colony of whatever bacteria is it you're trying to kill and also helps secure the biofilm those things live in survive. Use betadine, surgical spirit or whatever else the doctor or the pharmacist recommends instead.

I was once an apiarist for a week. Painful. That is all I am going to say. The boy who was in charge didn't seem to mind. You must get used to it............