House Price Crash Forum
trc007

Renting Through An Estate Agent With A Ccj?

Hi, i have a ccj and a poor credit rating however my partner has a fair credit rating. my question is if we both want to rent a house from an estate agent will they want to do credit checks on both of us? we have rented a house privately in the past and the landlord was very happy with how we treated the property and alays paid on time etc etc. im wondering if there is anyway i can avoid the credit check as i know i will fail. many thanks for your time in advance

Just put your partner's name on the TA and not yours..

TBH adding your name can only improve the situation (unless your partner should die), but L is unlikely to see it that way.

Hi, i have a ccj and a poor credit rating however my partner has a fair credit rating. my question is if we both want to rent a house from an estate agent will they want to do credit checks on both of us? we have rented a house privately in the past and the landlord was very happy with how we treated the property and alays paid on time etc etc. im wondering if there is anyway i can avoid the credit check as i know i will fail. many thanks for your time in advance

As per a previous post, Letting Agencies rarely do a formal credit check, they using take references from a previous landlord/LA, check you are on the electoral register and take employment references (all for an exhorbitant some of money)

I wouldn't worry about your credit score also if you intend to live in the property you will need to be on the lease, the LL/LA will insist on it for legal reason (it make the contract what is called joint and several which mean eithers of you have to pay if you split up)

You will kow if theya re going to do a formal credit check because they will ask for the last 4 addresses in 10 years

Edited by Matt Henson