House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KingCharles1st

How Do You Convince Someone Their Property Is Worth About 60%

Guest KingCharles1st

Are you wasting your time?

I am starting to look around for a property for my Mum for when she moves back down South- finance won't be a problem, but value for money will be.

The properties I have been putting feelers out on tend to be for sale by builders, small developers, whatever you want to call these people.

Although you can see and sense the drip drip drip of them having to reluctantly accept the reality of price reduction after reduction, I couldn't be arsed to wait around a year for the cumulative drops, just how do you get the point across to these dreamers without treading on their serious egos...?

I think one way would be to tell them to go out and try and find a lender who will lend a buyer in their customers wage bracket the amount they want for it. If they can't find many then there property isn't worth what they're asking for it.

Guest KingCharles1st
I think one way would be to tell them to go out and try and find a lender who will lend a buyer in their customers wage bracket the amount they want for it. If they can't find many then there property isn't worth what they're asking for it.

Possibly- maybe find someone who does cheap independent valuations?

Possibly- maybe find someone who does cheap independent valuations?

Problem is finding someone who the seller believes is genuinely independent.

I am starting to look around for a property for my Mum for when she moves back down South- finance won't be a problem, but value for money will be.

The properties I have been putting feelers out on tend to be for sale by builders, small developers, whatever you want to call these people.

Although you can see and sense the drip drip drip of them having to reluctantly accept the reality of price reduction after reduction, I couldn't be arsed to wait around a year for the cumulative drops, just how do you get the point across to these dreamers without treading on their serious egos...?

Your mum has to grow some balls and rent for now. Give it 6 months and hope (correctly in my opinion) that this present supply v demand problem resolves it's self and the reality of our true situation prevails.

Guest KingCharles1st
Explain that most of the asking price is the vendor's debt and that you don't want to buy their debt - you only want to buy the house.

p-o-p

Nnniiiiice! :lol: I'll remember that one

Guest KingCharles1st
Your mum has to grow some balls and rent for now. Give it 6 months and hope (correctly in my opinion) that this present supply v demand problem resolves it's self and the reality of our true situation prevails.

Funnily enough, I suggested just that to her this morning.

Would give her a chance to check out the area more thoroughly, she could use the interest from her own house sale to pay for it, and as you say, I would expect another 10% drop over the next six months.

But- she IS female- and renting IS wasted money- right.. :rolleyes:

You cannot set your valuation on it when its going up or down. Learn patience.

Funnily enough, I suggested just that to her this morning.

Would give her a chance to check out the area more thoroughly, she could use the interest from her own house sale to pay for it, and as you say, I would expect another 10% drop over the next six months.

But- she IS female- and renting IS wasted money- right.. :rolleyes:

Woman's logic, I forgot about that, tricky, very tricky.........tread very........................................ carefully..........um...............oh bl00dy hell ...........difficult ..................don't rush in their for Gods sake.....................remember your only going to have those two faults.................I don't envy you at all on this one...............I think you must take more advice on this...................sorry I can't help you on this one at all...............best of luck!