House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Imminent_plunge

Nice Campsite On The South Coast?

It's my birthday next week and me and the OH would like to escape for a lost weekend together in the country.

We're looking for a campsite on the South Coast, Sussex Downs. It has to be accessible by bike from a train station and he's a wuss, so no more than 2-3 miles. Any suggestions or experiences?

Not ON the coast, but there is one just a stone's throw from Martin Mill station, just outside of Dover. Good walking around there. White cliffs country. Pub close by.

Not ON the coast, but there is one just a stone's throw from Martin Mill station, just outside of Dover. Good walking around there. White cliffs country. Pub close by.

Cheers for that. Do you have the name of the campsite? Hope to book it today ;)

Cheers for that. Do you have the name of the campsite? Hope to book it today ;)

Sorry, cant remember but the advice from x-quork is good. That website is essential for planning some campness.

edit - I think it was Hawthorn Farm

Nice one! I've just made enquiries and that's where we're going. No card payments though :blink:

No problem. I cant comment on the campsite myself as I used to live near there so had no call to camp there, so you might want to double check you are happy with the reviews before committing, but if all you need is a field and a toilet, cant see what can go wrong really (famous last words).

I dont know how good the pub at the site is, but the one down the road to the sea (The Black Horse I think) used to be very good for food, but again, have a look.

Dont be alarmed if you see nudists at the beach, you do get a few, you might even be one of them. The dunes are great, you can take a walk along to littlehampton and have fish and chips, on the front, will be fun. If you want to check out Bognor Regis (comedy seaside towen and my home town), its a bit further along the coast (about 7 miles I reckon) or you could get the train there if you fancied it.

Guest X-QUORK
No card payments though :blink:

Deary me, what next? :rolleyes: Next you'll be telling us they don't serve skinny lattes.

Here's the owner..

2451-2990.gif

Let us know if it has good 3G or wireless access. Could do with a few days out of London.

Great Scott man, don't do it! Identikit coffee shops were created for that. Not campsite tables.