House Price Crash Forum
Tonkers

Flat Above A Shop £675k

Wow. What a finely polished turd.

Honestly; some people just expect it all on a plate. You should feel lucky all those savy property owners who've been in the game longer than you allow you to live in a 3 bedroom NW3 rabbit hutch in exchange for only 1/2 your lifetime earnings.

Wow. What a finely polished turd.

Nasty isn't it. I think these developers are going to lose their shirts. Surrounded by social housing, kebab shops, ropey pubs. I love this area myself, but not to the tune of 675 :)

Yet again, no bloomin' seperate kitchen.

Your social housing neighbours are probably paying £450 per month for something better, with canal views (of tramps drinking tenneants and glue sniffers) and parking.

I await it being set on fire in fact.

Trouble with flats over shops is that they are only marginally above flats over pubs in the food chain.... if its near a hairdressers or a restaurant or an out of hours shop like an offy then it's even more difficult to get a loan.

Many people will become badly unstuck as a lot of these property types are now effectively unmortgagable as all the lenders who used to do them have shut up shop.

The Harrow Road will not be gentrified! Which is damn fine by me. I don't want to live near overstretched plebs. Give me your tramps and crackheads anyday, they at least have an air of reality about them.

Also, what is it with the weird stepped up gallery bit with railing by the window?

That space, when commercial use, was empty for over 2 years.

Laughable.

£675,000 to live over a shop.

Fantasy Island at its best.

someone is going to buy that! maybe not at 675 maybe at the 600k mark - which is still scandalous - How the FECK are these cants valuating properties if the above is marked @ 675?

It would still be over-priced if it was above Harrods.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was going to be something 'exceptional' like that! But instead it is above a hardware shop in a very s***ty part of town.

I am surprised no one has mentioned that there is no separate kitchen for £675k.

Is everybody missing the point here? This flat is "Set within this unique and ideally located facade!"

thats right - stick in a fancy word and a simpleton will part with 675k!

It does look very shiny though, plus you can just pop downstairs and get a kebab so the smell of you cooking doesn't linger in the bedsheets.

a strange one and no mistake.

to be able to afford to buy that you'd need to be earning, what, £125k or something? who on that sort of money could possibly want to live somewhere like that?

how much would you earn if you rented it out? it's a three-bed place... could you get three people in it each paying a grand a month? surely not? even so, with zero costs & 100% occupancy you'd only just be scraping a 5% gross yield...

it has been done up nicely, though. might be worth half a million at a push [although that would sneak it into a high stamp duty band]?

Honestly; some people just expect it all on a plate. You should feel lucky all those savy property owners who've been in the game longer than you allow you to live in a 3 bedroom NW3 rabbit hutch in exchange for only 2 times your lifetime earnings.

Fixed Your Post

Isn't the stamp duty alone on this place £27,000, or about 2 years net pay, or 3600 hours labour, for an average person.

Took a drive past this morning. It is not double glazed, the noise will be horrendous. Still, at least we have bendy buses on that road now, rather than double deckers, which would have given me a lovely view of the unfortunate buyers lifestyle.

Didn't have a camera to hand, but the flat numbers are very large tacky affairs nailed to plywood, next to a similar badly painted sign for a wedding services company.

Behind this delightful luxury apartment block there is chronic over development of some tiny terraced houses going on.

Ah well, at least some builders are getting some work.

Blimey, this one bugs me. Want to add, I live on a road that is set back from the Harrow Road by 4 streets towards Maida Vale, and not only can I hear the traffic from the Harrow Road, I can hear the traffic thundering over the Westway.