House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cashinmattress

Affordable Housing Scheme Unveiled

Affordable housing scheme unveiled

Measures to guarantee a supply of affordable rural homes for future generations of first time buyers in 'protected' areas have been announced by the government.

New shared ownership properties will have to remain in shared ownership in areas where replacing affordable housing is difficult, to ensure future buyers have the opportunity to get on to the property ladder.

Buyers will then be either restricted to purchasing 80 per cent of shared ownership properties in rural areas, or will have to sell them back to providers including housing associations if they were to take on full ownership.

More than 13,000 small rural areas will be designated as 'protected areas' under new powers in the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008, housing minister Ian Austin announced.

Austin said: "We are determined to help provide more homes in rural areas and help first-time buyers on to the property ladder. These new measures will not only help protect affordable rural homes but also boost the number of properties available.

"We simply can't afford to lose shared ownership homes in areas where they are difficult to replace which is why these new provisions on ownership are so important."

The National Housing Federation welcomed the measures, but said the government must go further to tackle the "chronic shortage" of affordable homes in rural areas.

That "chronic shortage" problem will take care of itself as the boomers die off en masse.

However, 'shared ownership' with the state keeping 20% of the title, and 100% of the policy will only serve to drive down the market.

Nouveaux council housing scheme. Nifty idea, albeit a bit more expensive than one is used to. It will force everybody into penury in due course.

Neo-feudal Britain. Same as it ever was.

Guest KingCharles1st

They just "can't quite" let the free market do its thing- can they....

Wow this sounds like a great deal. I grew up in a small village in Surrey. Parents had an 80k mortgage in the 80's. Houses at the very bottom of the pile are now 280k+, at the moment the only thing going is is a 4 bed for 795k. This place gives you 20% less salary than the norm as well pure commuter belt these days.

Ill never move back to where i grew up, ive almost hit 50% of my life not living near my family. The village spirit has all but drained out of the community now (kids moved out to the far reaches of the uk just to settle), just a retirement home, and a playground for toffs.

Its so far beyond to little to late, it makes my eyes bleed venom :D hsssssssss

Wow this sounds like a great deal. I grew up in a small village in Surrey. Parents had an 80k mortgage in the 80's. Houses at the very bottom of the pile are now 280k+, at the moment the only thing going is is a 4 bed for 795k. This place gives you 20% less salary than the norm as well pure commuter belt these days.

Ill never move back to where i grew up, ive almost hit 50% of my life not living near my family. The village spirit has all but drained out of the community now (kids moved out to the far reaches of the uk just to settle), just a retirement home, and a playground for toffs.

Its so far beyond to little to late, it makes my eyes bleed venom :D hsssssssss

Scot's say, 'dinnae worry, ken?'

karma.png

That karma stuff, it's a bitch.

Time heals all wounds, and Britain is seriously wounded.

we don't want schemes just slash house prices to there true value instead of ripping us off all the time like the meerkat says SIMPLES

Not simples...because you have to drop your asking price waaaaay down. How many of your circle of friends and associates would willingly do this?

Affordable housing?!

So what would be the point of unaffordable housing exactly? Oh, wait, it was for subprime investors of the past :lol:

Affordable housing?!

So what would be the point of unaffordable housing exactly? Oh, wait, it was for subprime investors of the past :lol:

"A-FFO_rdable" -dreamt up in Cam-Bridge/OXF-ord

(note the 'water' connections in all the words+'ice' below!)

"The OFF_ice" (Oc-cult/Masons know ALL about 'ICE' & the 'North'!)

FFO=666 Hebrew!

F=6

O=6

X=6

Zorro is 'Spanish' for FOX!

Remember - "The OFF-ice"(series syndicated round the World!) is a massive illuminati piss take out of ALL workers!

we don't want schemes just slash house prices to there true value instead of ripping us off all the time like the meerkat says SIMPLES

it is simples as most people i would say 70-80% of people bought their 1st property pre year 2000 so 50% the value of their property is what you call imaginary money they have never touched it or seen it so what makes the difference if they lose it, i am one of those people if the govt slashed prices back to year 2000 prices i would not be effected like the other 70-80%, if they mew'd to fund btl or lifestyle thats their own fault , its the people that were forced / conned into paying over inflated prices that i feel sorry for, if the govt slashed prices tomorrow and helped the people that took out their 1st initial mortage after the year 2000 to buy a family home not btl , speculators, mew'd. they could help these people by making the banks give them interest-free mortages which could be transferable so they could move if necessary so the bank eventually gets its equity back , yes they might pay a little more but they would also save a lot of money on interest then interest rates could be returned to normal levels and house prices would represent value for money and it would also get the economy moving again if they had done this in the first place it would have been cheaper than bailing out the fat cat banks