House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Disposable Heroes

Cliff Fall Dog Rescued A Mile Out To Sea

Guest DisposableHeroes

A springer spaniel was described as a "lucky boy" today after falling up to 30 metres (100ft) down a cliff and then swimming to safety on a yacht that was almost a mile out to sea.

The dog, Buddy, chased a rabbit over the cliff edge near Old Harry Rocks in Dorset and landed in the sea. He tried to scramble back up, only to fall into the water again.

His owner, Steve Kingsley, spent almost three hours searching for him on Monday afternoon until a yacht crew told coastguards they had picked up an exhausted Buddy out at sea and given him food and water.

A jetskier then gave the five-year-old dog a lift ashore to be reunited with Kingsley, a 59-year-old bar owner from Southsea, in Hampshire.

"I went down there for a nice stress-free day and came out a nervous wreck. He is a lucky boy," said Kingsley.

"It was a miracle he survived. When I looked over the cliff at the 100ft drop I thought his time was up and then after two hours missing he was half a mile out to sea. We were very lucky he survived that."

Kim Blake, assistant manager at Kingsley's bar, said: "Because it wasn't a sheer drop he scrambled down. The only place to go was in the sea, so he got into the sea and started swimming and ended up out at sea. Steve didn't know whether to kill him or cuddle him."

Kingsley owns Buddy with his wife, Ros, 48, and their three children, Thomas, 20, Sarah, 18, and Jack, 16.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/aug/12/pets

Kim Blake, assistant manager at Kingsley's bar, said: "Because it wasn't a sheer drop he scrambled down. The only place to go was in the sea, so he got into the sea and started swimming and ended up out at sea. Steve didn't know whether to kill him or cuddle him."

Killing him would have been a little harsh after all that.

Dogs that fall off cliffs and swim miles out to see and are rescued.

Elephants that fall in small holes and are rescued.

Divers drowning that are saved by a whale and resued.

I dont believe any of the stories. We are being bombarded with these stories on a daily basis. Gatekeeper distraction stories designed to stop you reading the real news.

Guest AuntJess
Dogs that fall off cliffs and swim miles out to see and are rescued.

Elephants that fall in small holes and are rescued.

Divers drowning that are saved by a whale and resued.

I dont believe any of the stories. We are being bombarded with these stories on a daily basis. Gatekeeper distraction stories designed to stop you reading the real news.

Always retain the ability to believe in miracles. .they do happen......

How much was Kingsley's house worth? :lol:

Well yes I forgot that one...... :lol:

I was thinking more of a pic attached to the story. A nice story about a lovely spaniel ? Without a pic ? That editor is a mong. Fire the cant.

Well yes I forgot that one...... :lol:

I was thinking more of a pic attached to the story. A nice story about a lovely spaniel ? Without a pic ? That editor is a mong. Fire the cant.

Thats because the dog doesnt exist.

Thats because the dog doesnt exist.

Liar...............LIAR !!!

This story is already working, Instead of discussing house prices on the main forum, you are in off topic talking about a fictional dog and its fictional owner and a yacht tht never has and never will exist.

Guest X-QUORK
This story is already working, Instead of discussing house prices on the main forum, you are in off topic talking about a fictional dog and its fictional owner and a yacht tht never has and never will exist.

If this isn't satire, you're a miserable ***** to beat all miserable *****s.

The dog climbed a 30ft sheer face from the sea?

****** me, no wonder people think that the 9/11 attacks were real, they are living in total fantasy land.

DOGS CANT CLIMB SHEER ROCK FACES

****** me, no wonder people think that the 9/11 attacks were real, they are living in total fantasy land.

Did you actually read the story ? The dog went one way on a 30ft cliff. I will give you a clue. It wasn't up.... :rolleyes:

Your avatar suits you.

I cant believe you bloody stupid some people are on this forum?

Who said he climbed up a sheer cliff face.

0/10 for King Stromba.

Guest portwinestain

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2...15875-21593243/

Buddy the bouncing dog cheated death after falling off a 100-foot cliff TWICE.

Then he spent two hours swimming before being hauled whimpering on to a yacht a mile out in the bay. The owners introduced the fiveyear-old spaniel to their dog - also called Buddy - and then he hitched a jet-ski ride back to shore.

The amazing adventure began when Buddy chased a rabbit over the cliff and tumbled down the steep slope into the water. Unhurt, he tried to make his way back to owner Steve Kingsley.

But after 30 feet he slipped and plunged back into the sea. Steve, 59, from Southsea, Hants, said yesterday: "I can't believe he lived. I took him for a quiet walk and he triggered this scare.

There's a photo too.

Then he spent two hours swimming before being hauled whimpering on to a yacht a mile out in the bay. The owners introduced the fiveyear-old spaniel to their dog - also called Buddy - and then he hitched a jet-ski ride back to shore.

The amazing adventure began when Buddy chased a rabbit over the cliff and tumbled down the steep slope into the water. Unhurt, he tried to make his way back to owner Steve Kingsley.

But after 30 feet he slipped and plunged back into the sea. Steve, 59, from Southsea, Hants, said yesterday: "I can't believe he lived. I took him for a quiet walk and he triggered this scare.

There's a photo too.

So now the cliff is 100ft. This dog is superhum....em....superdoggish.

Guest AuntJess

There's a photo too.

He's a luvlee doggie. :wub:

Guest DisposableHeroes
How did this become a conspiracy story? For the love of god...is it me?

My local bbc news is very good. You get the serious stuff, which depresses people and makes them think the world is a bleak cold place, however they always split it up with positive, informative and funny pieces too.

I rarely watch the national news. It's just loaded with problems which are not relevant to me and/or are beyond my control.