House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DisposableHeroes

What's Going On Outside Your Window?

Guest DisposableHeroes

I can see some trees, field, farm, four chimneys from a house. Clouds are obscuring the sky, they are moving right to left, some heavier looking than others.

I can hear some birds, a dog bark intermittently (not annoyingly though), leaves on the trees from a light wind, occasional vehicle and rumble from a distant plane.

I can see some trees, field, farm, four chimneys from a house. Clouds are obscuring the sky, they are moving right to left, some heavier looking than others.

I can hear some birds, a dog bark intermittently (not annoyingly though), leaves on the trees from a light wind, occasional vehicle and rumble from a distant plane.

I am in a horrible windowless office.

Guest Skinty

I can see some sub-2,000 feet mountains and some trees and buildings. No one's on the mountains as far as I can see. Seagulls are flying around as usual. There's reasonable movement of big white fluffy clouds from the west.

All this, plus indoors I've some bearded guy called Johnny, in a black flat cap, setting up his easel to do some watercolours (apparently).

Guest DisposableHeroes
All this, plus indoors I've some bearded guy called Johnny, in a black flat cap, setting up his easel to do some watercolours (apparently).

You haven't seen my imaginary girl friend around, have you?

she's got a nasty twitch in her right eye and limps with her left leg.

You haven't seen my imaginary girl friend around, have you?

she's got a nasty twitch in her right eye and limps with her left leg.

No, but the cat sleeping next to me has just farted.* Time to open another window.

*Is it possible to fart when you are asleep? I ask as the urge to fart seems to be what mostly wakes me up at night.

Guest Skinty
It's drizzling. I can see lots of grey slate roofs. If I move closer to the window I can see a volcano.

Wow, we have much better weather just up river from you. You should be getting some sun soon though.

Wow, we have much better weather just up river from you. You should be getting some sun soon though.

It only lasted about 10 minutes, and now the ground's dried up again. Still a bit grey though, and the Met Office radar shows some more showers sweeping towards us.

Guest X-QUORK

Was staring out of my car window 30 minutes ago whilst in a fairly rough bit of Birmingham. Two gentlemen reversed into each other and had a heated argument in Urdu. It was raining heavily and the area consisted mainly of Halal shops and there was a Mosque to my left. I had just finished a survey to provide 3G services to the area.

From my desk in a converted barn turned into a office I see rolling Warwickshire valley. Not a person in sight out of my window, but I can hear birds outside, bats cheeping inside the walls, and work mates in the office. The field in front of me contains damaged crops due to a helicopter landing in it a couple of weeks back and the rain. There is another field behind that one, and then a wood at the top of the hill. On Monday we saw a deer. Does anyone want to buy a lamb, the field I drove through to get to the office was full of em but the farmer is selling em, for 90 quid a pop?

Guest X-QUORK
From my desk in a converted barn turned into a office I see rolling Warwickshire valley. Not a person in sight out of my window, but I can hear birds outside, bats cheeping inside the walls, and work mates in the office. The field in front of me contains damaged crops due to a helicopter landing in it a couple of weeks back and the rain. There is another field behind that one, and then a wood at the top of the hill. On Monday we saw a deer. Does anyone want to buy a lamb, the field I drove through to get to the office was full of em but the farmer is selling em, for 90 quid a pop?

Live in Warks myself Moosetea and noticed the crops looking a bit ropey on my early morning walk today. Low yield this summer, higher food prices come the autumn possibly?

Guest Skinty
It only lasted about 10 minutes, and now the ground's dried up again. Still a bit grey though, and the Met Office radar shows some more showers sweeping towards us.

Oh hold on, I've got my cloud generator switched on. Sorry. I remember it took me several days before I realised that we even had one when we first moved into Mordor ...

Guest X-QUORK
Oh hold on, I've got my cloud generator switched on. Sorry. I remember it took me several days before I realised that we even had one when we first moved into Mordor ...

Mordor? Call Taggart.

I can see some sub-2,000 feet mountains and some trees and buildings. No one's on the mountains as far as I can see. Seagulls are flying around as usual. There's reasonable movement of big white fluffy clouds from the west.

I'm jealous :(

Guest Skinty

Oooh and now it's raining and I can't see anything.

It's not dark though so it will probably pass quickly enough. I wonder if it's a front coming in.

Looking out the window, some clouds, the sea, mirror calm with the headland and its reflection. A few small pleasure boats out fishing, Two horses out in the field munching the grass, a few sea gulls, couple of rabbits.

I've got a lovely view of:

"Beatiful Railway Bridge of the Silvery Tay !

That has caused the Emperor of Brazil to leave

His home far away, incognito in his dress,

And view thee ere he passed along en route to Inverness." :lol:

Unfortunately it's spoiled by four drivers who should have left 20 minutes ago! Must go kick some ar*es.

Live in Warks myself Moosetea and noticed the crops looking a bit ropey on my early morning walk today. Low yield this summer, higher food prices come the autumn possibly?

We went for a walk last Sunday yeah they don't look good, the crops appear to be very very short.