House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getdoon_weebobby

Unemployment 2.44 Million

59 million still employed, too old or too young in other words...

20m too old, 20 mill too young

6 mill sick

2.5 mill unempl.

how many in army? medical staff, civil servants,

take them away and there's only about 6 people actually employed gainfully.

First to list 10 UK based manufacturers wins a prize.

Don't think that follows.

What's your assumption here?

That total population = unemployed + employed + sick + too old to work + too young to work?

I'm pretty sure that there are other categories not featured in that equation. House-spouse for instance?

Bless.

You poor lamb, what are you on about?

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/lmsuk0809.pdf

28.9 million employed you asshat.

Haven't you learned that posting complete and utter tosh gets you ridiculed?

well said. I think it's pretty clear xcojo is a troll. Might be worth the mods checking if their IP matches old Hamish.

Out of the 28.9 million employed I wonder how many are part-time and how many are on reduced working hours due to the recession?

At least Hamish and Rhino managed the occasional accurate fact, I'm amazed you bother.

First to list 10 UK based manufacturers wins a prize.

1) Beer Mats: Thirsty's Beer Mats

2) Toy Soliders: Front Rank Figurines

3) Water Bottles: Bottlesport

4) Novelty Colthing: JKL Clothing

5) Place Mats: Pimpernal International Ltd

6) Artificial Flowers: Winter Flower

7) Carrier Bags: Airborne Packaging Ltd

8) Feminine Products: Faith in Nature

9) Beer: Ballard's Brewery

10) Horse Riding Hats: Charles Owen

What'd I win? ;)

The inactivity rate for people of working age was 21.0 per cent for the three months to June 2009, up 0.3 over the previous quarter and up 0.1 over the year. The number of economically inactive people of working age rose by 127,000 over the quarter and by 83,000 over the year to reach 7.95 million.

We can make 8 Million!

The employment rate and the number of people in employment have fallen. The number of vacancies has fallen. The number of unemployed people, the unemployment rate and the claimant count have all increased. The number of inactive people of working age and the inactivity rate have increased. Growth in average earnings, excluding bonuses, has fallen but earnings growth including bonuses has increased.

The employment rate for people of working age was 72.7 per cent for the three months to June 2009, down 0.9 from the previous quarter and down 2.0 over the year. The total number of people in employment for the three months to June 2009 was 28.93 million, down 271,000 over the quarter and down 573,000 over the year.

The unemployment rate was 7.8 per cent for the three months to June 2009, up 0.7 over the previous quarter and up 2.4 over the year. The number of unemployed people increased by 220,000 over the quarter and by 750,000 over the year, to reach 2.43 million.

The claimant count, which measures the number of people claiming Jobseeker's Allowance, reached 1.58 million in July 2009. It has not been higher since May 1997. The count is up 24,900 over the previous month and up 709,000 over the year.

The number of redundancies in the three months to June 2009 was 277,000, down 9,000 over the quarter but up 150,000 over the year.

There were 427,000 job vacancies in the three months to July 2009. This is the lowest figure since comparable records began in 2001 and it is down 26,000 over the previous quarter and down 203,000 over the year. Most sectors have shown falls in vacancies over the quarter with the largest fall occurring in finance and business services (down 13,000).

The inactivity rate for people of working age was 21.0 per cent for the three months to June 2009, up 0.3 over the previous quarter and up 0.1 over the year. The number of economically inactive people of working age rose by 127,000 over the quarter and by 83,000 over the year to reach 7.95 million.

Average earnings, both including and excluding bonuses, increased by 2.5 per cent in the three months to June 2009 compared with the previous year. The excluding bonuses annual growth rate is the lowest since comparable records began in 2001.

Source: Office for National Statistics

Notes:

People in employment, unemployed and economically inactive make up the total household population aged 16 and over, measured through the Labour Force Survey on a consistent basis since 1971.

Working age is defined as 16-64 for men and 16-59 for women.

Published on 12 August 2009 at 9:30 am

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?ID=12

We can make 8 Million!

Source: Office for National Statistics

Notes:

People in employment, unemployed and economically inactive make up the total household population aged 16 and over, measured through the Labour Force Survey on a consistent basis since 1971.

Working age is defined as 16-64 for men and 16-59 for women.

Published on 12 August 2009 at 9:30 am

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?ID=12

And I thought I was 'One in a million'

Turns out I am one of 8 million

Doh!

Nu Labour has screwed this country for generations.

:blink:

nelson.png

my take on the numbers , I always subtract the number of unemployed at the height of the boom from the current figures. These are the people who will never work , those who cannot and those who will not .