House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Loblaw

English Speaking Pupils Now A Minority

Link

Sir Andrew Green, of the Migrationwatch think-tank, said: 'These figures confirm the huge impact immigration is having on our society.

When Government funds are as tight as they are, this is bound to have a negative impact as children with English as an additional language will need extra tuition.'

He added: 'In inner London it's hard to know who immigrant children are supposed to integrate with since they heavily outnumber local children.

Interestingly enough one of my friends from Abu Dhabi came to London for a visit last month. He is an Arab. When I asked him what he thought of London he said it was very sad to see it slipping into third-world status. He said it appeared to be a mini-India.

Edited to fix link

Guest Parry aka GOD
<a href="http://"http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1205937/English-speaking-pupils-minority-inner-city-London-primary-schools.html"" target="_blank">Link

</a>

Interestingly enough one of my friends from Abu Dhabi came to London for a visit last month. He is an Arab. When I asked him what he thought of London he said it was very sad to see it slipping into third-world status. He said it appeared to be a mini-India.

Yes.

It's time the people of the UK are at least permitted a debate on who and how many foreign people can settle in their country without being branded BNP racists.

This comes from someone married to a foreigner, with mixed race kids, living in another country. Even though I can receive no state help here, pay for everything, build homes here, send kids to good schools here, abide by their laws . . . I will never get permanent residency status. Have to leave this country every 3 months . . . still.

So a backward dump like Thailand can enforce strict immigration policy, why the hell can't a 1st World country like the UK?

Oh and before anyone starts about multiculturalism, take a good look at those cultures you are so warmly welcoming first.

Guest AuntJess
Link

My nephew predicted this before he went stateside. He said all that was good about the UK is disapearing. He gave the example of the NHS.

It begs the question would an individual invite visitors to live with them, at the expense of his/her own family?

I think we all know the answer to that one.

Guest X-QUORK

Who came up with the figures? I wonder if Migrationwatch have an agenda which dovetails in nicely with Daily Mail readers' beliefs.?

The last few times I was in London the only folk who could speak English were immigrants; mainly Australian barmen.

Watched a film called Adulthood last week, based in London and I couldn't even understand the ones supposed to be talking English.

Who came up with the figures? I wonder if Migrationwatch have an agenda which dovetails in nicely with Daily Mail readers' beliefs.?

If you read the article it tells you who came up with the figures

The figures from the Department for Children, Schools and Families point to the major demographic changes over the past few decades. Around a fifth of pupils are from ethnic minorities - up from 11 per cent in 1997.

Guest X-QUORK
If you read the article it tells you who came up with the figures

Link didn't work for me, I have a bigot filter installed.

So if around a fifth of pupils are from ethnic minorities, aren't around four fifths not? I take it these are the national figures, what about the figures for central London?

Guest Parry aka GOD

You all know my views on race. I like foreign women.

Anyway, the UK still needs an immigration policy fitting of a country with a pretty 'open to abuse' welfare system. It's no good all this. I've many friends over here, who are AMAZED at the lax controls and almost open border policy of the UK. They find it a little disturbing.

You need to get this sorted out. The good times are gone for the UK and philanthropy is a luxury the UK can ill-afford now.

Without dealing with this in a responsible manner, you will give rise to the far-right. I have calls and emails from colleagues back in the UK, some young women, struggling with mortgages, using terms like 'they just don't look after their own'.

Now these were pretty left wing folks before, but there is a worrying level of anger brewing, which ain't good and there must be a reason for that.

When Government funds are as tight as they are, this is bound to have a negative impact as children with English as an additional language will need extra tuition

Unfortunately, it has been a reported reality for quite some time now that teachers in inner city areas have to address the problem of trying to teach children from up to 20 putative cultures and languages.

And you guessed it, the indiginous population's children (Who paid for the whole bloody thing!), have suffered seriously, since their education has been neglected whilst teachers focus on teaching basic English at simple communication rather than education level.

And with lack of government funding, the next ten years look rather bright!

Link didn't work for me, I have a bigot filter installed.

So if around a fifth of pupils are from ethnic minorities, aren't around four fifths not? I take it these are the national figures, what about the figures for central London?

Figures for London and Slough were circa 50%. The broad story is not factually inaccurate. A bigot filter is better applied to the interpretation rather than the raw data. For example the Mail (and Migration Watch) spin this by looking solely at demands on the education system.

They omit to mention that immigrants are much younger with a higher proportion of child bearing age than white brits. So immigrants are of an age where they work and pay tax but being younger are costing the health service less and taking less benefits in the form of pensions. The immigrants are indeed taking a disproportionate amount of the education budget but on the other hand the older whites are being subsidised by the immigrants.

They also omit to mention that immigrants are disportionately in private rented accommodation (particularly the shittiest housing) as opposed to the whites being more likely to be in council accommodation. So again while the immigrants take a larger share of the education budget the whites take a disproportionate share of the housing budget.

The London figure is, in part, a result of the relatively low numbers of over 55's that choose to live in London. (They sell up and move out, have been doing so since 1990 or earlier.) This of course lowers the white British proportion in the mix of adults and has a knock on effect on the mix of children.

The Slough figure is more representative of the population mix, although the figure does not include pupils in private schools so is probably a little high.

Would that my job allowed me the superficiality of the Mail or Migration Watch. ;)

They omit to mention that immigrants are much younger with a higher proportion of child bearing age than white brits. So immigrants are of an age where they work and pay tax but being younger are costing the health service less .. So having children is not a cost to the NHS, Education system, social services, not to mention tax credits and family allowance?

They also omit to mention that immigrants are disportionately in private rented accommodation (particularly the shittiest housing) Link please ... Plus you can still receive LHA by living in private rented so to claim the immigrants mostly live in private rented is neither here nor there

Figures for London and Slough were circa 50%. The broad story is not factually inaccurate. A bigot filter is better applied to the interpretation rather than the raw data. For example the Mail (and Migration Watch) spin this by looking solely at demands on the education system.

They omit to mention that immigrants are much younger with a higher proportion of child bearing age than white brits. So immigrants are of an age where they work and pay tax but being younger are costing the health service less and taking less benefits in the form of pensions. The immigrants are indeed taking a disproportionate amount of the education budget but on the other hand the older whites are being subsidised by the immigrants.

They also omit to mention that immigrants are disportionately in private rented accommodation (particularly the shittiest housing) as opposed to the whites being more likely to be in council accommodation. So again while the immigrants take a larger share of the education budget the whites take a disproportionate share of the housing budget.

The London figure is, in part, a result of the relatively low numbers of over 55's that choose to live in London. (They sell up and move out, have been doing so since 1990 or earlier.) This of course lowers the white British proportion in the mix of adults and has a knock on effect on the mix of children.

The Slough figure is more representative of the population mix, although the figure does not include pupils in private schools so is probably a little high.

Would that my job allowed me the superficiality of the Mail or Migration Watch. ;)

Nice spinning! Don't work for what was Transport House do you?

Such areas as education, NHS and housing are paid for over considerable time by us all.

Having had one child only, I've been paying for other's kid's education now for nearly 25 years: and before this, I was paying since I started work; so that's another 20 odd years. And that is without all the above average taxes I've paid in all directions by way of full Council Tax, Business Rates etc. since I had the bare arsed cheek to start a business and work seven days a week for years with no holidays etc. Rather than sit on my jacksie with my hand out for benefits!

People aren't in majority constant recipients of NHS largesse, either: we pay in over many, many years and are hopefully, occasional claimants: unless, like myself we dare to take Private Medical Insurance: and then we pay extra tax on this luxury, despite the reality that its save the NHS cash!

In terms of housing same dynamics apply: excepting since circa 1986 and the great Council House Sell Off, the majority of UK Social Housing is now provided by HAs: and if you care to research the stats on the Housing Corporation website, then you will see how circa 70% of HA tenants receive Housing Benefit and pay little or no rent and council tax.

I suppose you could always accuse the pensioners for daring to claim their OAP: for which they have paid. Many times over.

The reality is that any Johnny-Come-Lately to a system of benefits which relies on long-term contribution is having a wonderful result!

How long would corporate pension schemes last if all staff were allowed to claim a full pension which normally took 40 years to accrue, in say four years?

The mass invasion of the UK over the last 20 - 30 years makes the Norman Conquest look like the neighbours popping round for a finger buffet. Allowing the liberal-left to dominate the debate over the last 30 years and achieve a false moral high ground, abetted with LibLabCon presiding over a total non-policy over immigration has lead to this mess. How many true British people actually wanted this? How many were consulted? Where did we get to vote on it?

How many true British people actually wanted this?

Theres only one left and he's drowing in a pub beer somewhere.

Guest pioneer31
Unfortunately, it has been a reported reality for quite some time now that teachers in inner city areas have to address the problem of trying to teach children from up to 20 putative cultures and languages.

And you guessed it, the indiginous population's children (Who paid for the whole bloody thing!), have suffered seriously, since their education has been neglected whilst teachers focus on teaching basic English at simple communication rather than education level.

And with lack of government funding, the next ten years look rather bright!

We can't even get a discussion going on here without someone labelling, either racist/fascist or Daily Mail reader. What chance is there in politics, where they are all watching their backs - trying to look philanthropic, but many of us know different. The people who are striking these attitudes are hardly interested in the welfare of anyone but themselves, as the recent expenses scandal showed.

Why do they allow it? It isn't in the public interest............

Guest Parry aka GOD
We can't even get a discussion going on here without someone labelling, either racist/fascist or Daily Mail reader. What chance is there in politics, where they are all watching their backs - trying to look philanthropic, but many of us know different. The people who are striking these attitudes are hardly interested in the welfare of anyone but themselves, as the recent expenses scandal showed.

Why do they allow it? It isn't in the public interest............

Exactly.

It's about an immigration policy not a vote for extermination camps.

Ever been to London and walked around areas outside of Zone 1?

where do you live?

Outside of London. However I recently was setting up a few data centers around London in areas such as east London, Harrow, Uxbridge, Croydon etc. Nearly all school children I saw were not British and did not speak English. All workmates with children have transfered out of London due to crazy immigration causing crime, lowering school standards etc.

No one can seriously deny the fact that London is fast becoming a third world hell hole out side the few remaining super expensive enclaves.

Its a repetition of the white flight from US cities back in the late 60s.

Outside of London. However I recently was setting up a few data centers around London in areas such as east London, Harrow, Uxbridge, Croydon etc. Nearly all school children I saw were not British and did not speak English. All workmates with children have transfered out of London due to crazy immigration causing crime, lowering school standards etc.

A bit of this I think is perception; Harrow is 85% white, Uxbridge 72%, that coupled with my experience of both areas make me not totally convinced that nearly all children you saw were not british and did not speak english.

I've lived in London pretty much all my life and crime has always been an issue but has been a fair bit worse in the past imo.

No one can seriously deny the fact that London is fast becoming a third world hell hole out side the few remaining super expensive enclaves.

I can for one; it's a million miles away from perfect and I can easily see how it's not for everyone but third world hell hole is a bit strong.

I live in Shoreditch; whereabouts are you living now?

Except the "You're a Racist, Nazi, Facist, Homophobe!" clique on this forum.

Who seem to desire to deny reality in many different directions!

I'm beginning to suspect they are lurker trolls from ZanuLab's NEC!

:lol:

Except the "You're a Racist, Nazi, Facist, Homophobe!" clique on this forum.

Who seem to desire to deny reality in many different directions!

I'm beginning to suspect they are lurker trolls from ZanuLab's NEC!

:lol:

yes.

The only 2 opinions possible are that London is becoming a third world hellhole or those who deny that and are lurker trolls from Zanulabour.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I got a free glossy newsletter from our local district council (Mendip) posted through the letterbox, full of how wonderful they are. They claimed that it only cost 37p per issue to produce and distribute. But what struck me was that half a page is taken with an advert saying it's available in several languages - and a column of flags each with a caption beside in the relevant language.

Since very few people who can speak English are likley to want to read the newsletter, I don't see that the few young Poles round here who can't speak English (most can) are likley to want to read it. And why didn't the list include French, German or even Welsh? A ridiculous waste of public money - and from a Tory council at that!

"No one can seriously deny the fact that London is fast becoming a third world hell hole out side the few remaining super expensive enclaves."

I can and I do.

Nearly three years ago I spent a week in Port Harcourt in Nigeria. I wouldn't describe the place as a "third world hell hole" but there are some on this thread that might.

London is not fast becoming like Port Harcourt.

Anyone that says so is talking twaddle.