House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Imminent_plunge

Swine Flu - Has Anyone Had It?

Raised temperature, sore throat, cough, horrible diarrhoea but if it is, seems to be quite mild, ie feel quite normal until I try and do anything. NHS tells me I have it but only via an online quiz. Have been off work and work for myself, so don't get paid for time off sick. Don't have enough energy for my normally joysome 5 mile bike ride, feel it's unethical to take public transport. Any experiences would be welcome. Thanks.

Yes, sounds just the same as whatever it was I had and quite a few at the office got, one did get properly diagnosed and Tamiflu'd. We are in the middle of one of the early outbreak hot spots so it figures. If it isn't swine flu, its something else that is going around at the moment. It took maybe a week to get over but I felt a bit weak and randomly pukey for a week after that.

Apparently the sh1ts are particular feature of this strain (according to the US authorities, in more technical language).

Also, I found my lungs ached a lot. I'm saying that as a former 40-a-day man incidentally. So you can look forward to that :(

Get well soon.

Edit: Not that this is a substitute for medical advice and so on and so forth. Wouldn't want you to die of meningitis because of a silly internet post of mine!

I had a fever two weeks ago which lasted about 5 days. Whenever I took paracetamol, I would sweat so much my top would literally be soaking wet. Had slimy saliva too.

Never had such a bad fever which soaked me through. I think it was swine flu but never bothered to tell Doctor or NHS as it didn't cripple me and I ain't taking tamiflu anyway.

Raised temperature, sore throat, cough, horrible diarrhoea but if it is, seems to be quite mild, ie feel quite normal until I try and do anything. NHS tells me I have it but only via an online quiz. Have been off work and work for myself, so don't get paid for time off sick. Don't have enough energy for my normally joysome 5 mile bike ride, feel it's unethical to take public transport. Any experiences would be welcome. Thanks.

I had a cold a few weeks ago.

Round about the same time that everyone in my family & my girlfriend's family had one.

We are in the middle of a 'hotspot' area for swine flu so it may have been but none of us felt ill enough to justify going to the doctors with it.

For an 'end of civilization' killer nasty it did seem a tad mild ;)

Guest portwinestain
I had a cold a few weeks ago.

Round about the same time that everyone in my family & my girlfriend's family had one.

We are in the middle of a 'hotspot' area for swine flu so it may have been but none of us felt ill enough to justify going to the doctors with it.

For an 'end of civilization' killer nasty it did seem a tad mild ;)

Yes it does a bit. ;)

I had a fever two weeks ago which lasted about 5 days. Whenever I took paracetamol, I would sweat so much my top would literally be soaking wet. Had slimy saliva too.

Never had such a bad fever which soaked me through. I think it was swine flu but never bothered to tell Doctor or NHS as it didn't cripple me and I ain't taking tamiflu anyway.

Not taking Tamiflu either. If I move, I sweat until soaking, if I sit still, I shiver.The taste in my mouth is abominable. Five days sounds great as only another two to go... Thanks for sharing your experiences.