House Price Crash Forum

Quick - Cancel Your House Sale!

HOLA441

Don't let them estate agents con you into selling at that low price. They are saying things have changed.

If you listen to them now it's obvious they are talking about prices increasing this year. So take them at their word. Why sell at that low price when you can obviously get loads more money in months if not weeks? Those nasty estate agents duped you into accepting a low price to get the market going again.

Why not get out of the sale while you still can then readvertise at a higher price?

HOLA442
Don't let them estate agents con you into selling at that low price. They are saying things have changed.

If you listen to them now it's obvious they are talking about prices increasing this year. So take them at their word. Why sell at that low price when you can obviously get loads more money in months if not weeks? Those nasty estate agents duped you into accepting a low price to get the market going again.

Why not get out of the sale while you still can then readvertise at a higher price?

Why sell at all? Anyone who sells is not in it for the long term.

</ironic>

HOLA443
HOLA444

You only have to look at all the threads on here, stuff like:

CEBR say house crash over

Mortgage approvals up

The boom is back

That estate agent on the BBC site swamped by buyers

etc. etc.

Don't be a mug. Get that sale cancelled while you still can.

Those estate agents wouldn't lie about the market would they?

HOLA445
Why sell at all? Anyone who sells is not in it for the long term.

</ironic>

Indeed.

Once bought, a house should be for life.

Ban the sale of secondhand homes I say.

:blink:

HOLA446

Yes. Or better still - rent it out and spend all your inheritance on some flats or a bigger house. Renting your house out it easy and easily covers mortgage payments.

House prices have historically NEVER GONE DOWN after going up - EVER. So, you can't lose.

There's one thing sure about life and that financial investments ALWAYS go up and nobody ever loses money.

A second-hand house salesman told me.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Think about it.

If the estate agents, RICS etc know that prices are going up then they are not working in your interests by having you sell now are they? It is going to cost you £1,000's

Get it cancelled.

Don't feel sorry for the buyer they are duping you, they think you are a mug selling now.

HOLA4411
Removals people can retrain as undertakers. Only one box to shift then.

There will be an awful smell if couples don't die at the same time :(

The law will need tightening up. Random death will have to go.

HOLA4412
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable

I'm off to load up on flats this very afternoon.

I'm going for the off-plan-interest-only-in-the-shit-together-185%-mortgage-up-and-coming-area-luxury-executive apartments.

If you don't buy now, you'll be priced out forever, suckers!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Indeed.

Once bought, a house should be for life.

Ban the sale of secondhand homes I say.

:blink:

Interestingly, this has sort of been tried in Ireland over the last few years by punitive stamp duty rates on 2nd hand houses vs new builds.

Can't see any problems emerging yet in the Irish property market, so it is surely a winner Gorgon should try.....

HOLA4415

Didn't I read this in the Viz, Top Tips section????

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I'm off to load up on flats this very afternoon.

I'm going for the off-plan-interest-only-in-the-shit-together-185%-mortgage-up-and-coming-area-luxury-executive apartments.

If you don't buy now, you'll be priced out forever, suckers!

Hah, beat you too it!

I've just paid the asking price for executive apartments in Pan Peninsular and Royal Arsenal, Woolwich. Going to make a fortune, with the banking industry getting back on its feet.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

If I had a sale going through I would take a letter to my estate agent and get them to sign it with a "yes" or "no" to this question:

"Do you or any of your staff personally know who is buying my house?"

Someone must be getting a right bargain with prices going back up. Would it be easier for the agent to have been persuaded to sell your pride and joy at such a low price by someone they know? They might have inadvertently let themselves be too generous with YOUR property.

I once bought a top at Asda and it was reduced in the sale the week after. I was GUTTED! Gods knows how I would feel if a house I sold was back on the market the month after at 10% more.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

It wouldn't surprise me to see a really astute estate agent on the BBC any day now:

"We have recently persuaded 125 clients to cancel their house sales and prevented the sale of about 625 properties in the chains involved. We did this because it is obvious that house prices are rising and the people selling were going to lose a fortune selling too cheaply"

Think how many sellers would immediately rush to put their properties for sale with this HONEST agent! An agent looking after his clients!

You buy low and sell high - there is no sense in selling when prices are rising is there?

HOLA4422
It wouldn't surprise me to see a really astute estate agent on the BBC any day now:

"We have recently persuaded 125 clients to cancel their house sales and prevented the sale of about 625 properties in the chains involved. We did this because it is obvious that house prices are rising and the people selling were going to lose a fortune selling too cheaply"

Think how many sellers would immediately rush to put their properties for sale with this HONEST agent! An agent looking after his clients!

You buy low and sell high - there is no sense in selling when prices are rising is there?

Especially not in 2006 and 2007 ........

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
But Ive got 10% deposit and only need 8X salary inc bonuses. Bring back the old Northern Rock they knew how to lend.

I'm sorry, it must have been the wrong application. The one that I saw was a 110% LTV and 10x salary plus expected bonuses in 2015.

There is a QE special on. I am sure that a prudent borrower like yourself is doing this to help the working families of Britain so your application will be approved immediately. You should check your account. The money should already be there .......

Edited by LuckyOne