House Price Crash Forum
dredwerker

People Living In Ikea Car Park Croydon

I went to Ikea on Friday 07/08/09 and there were gypsies(people of other living requirements) in the Ikea car park. There were several large and quite long fairly static looking caravans with astroturf out the front. They could roll out the astroturf and set it all up for one day but it looked semi-permanent to me.

I can't imagine how a private company would allow this.

Do these people work at Ikea?

Does the manager get a kickback? is he/she to scared to report them?

Can Ikea do nothing about it?

Just curious if anybody knows anything about this sort of thing. Has anyone seen anything else like this?

Has it come to this where ordinary non-gypsy folk have to live in IKEA car park?

The gypsies will get moved on, as they are on private property. It will, however, take a week or so for Ikea to get the paperwork together to evict them. Years ago I was working in a small trading estate located under Junction 3 of the M40. Gypsies took over part of a car park and the kids vandalised a few cars in our car park. We had CCTV and these showed a small person interfering with the cars, but the resolution wasn't clear enough to make a positive ID. It took around 1 week to get these people shifted. Lots of car parks now have security booms that they put down at night to prevent gypsies setting up camp at night. They get to stay for a week or so if there is no barrier, but can be charged if they interfere with or break a physical barrier to gain access.

The gypsies will get moved on, as they are on private property. It will, however, take a week or so for Ikea to get the paperwork together to evict them. Years ago I was working in a small trading estate located under Junction 3 of the M40. Gypsies took over part of a car park and the kids vandalised a few cars in our car park. We had CCTV and these showed a small person interfering with the cars, but the resolution wasn't clear enough to make a positive ID. It took around 1 week to get these people shifted. Lots of car parks now have security booms that they put down at night to prevent gypsies setting up camp at night. They get to stay for a week or so if there is no barrier, but can be charged if they interfere with or break a physical barrier to gain access.

They've actually been there for at least a couple of months, I saw them myself that long ago.

:lol::lol::lol:

I went to IKEA in Croydon, with thousands of other sheep one Xmas, and followed the lines on the floor. When it was time to leave , after 60 minutes trying to get out of the car park, I had to drive over the borders and small hedges to get out, never again will I visit that place. The gippos are wlecome to it.

:lol::lol::lol:

I went to IKEA in Croydon, with thousands of other sheep one Xmas, and followed the lines on the floor. When it was time to leave , after 60 minutes trying to get out of the car park, I had to drive over the borders and small hedges to get out, never again will I visit that place. The gippos are wlecome to it.

Yeah, I actually hate the place with a vengeance too. Still you sometimes have to keep the lady in your life happy and it's rare that I buckle enough to buy anything there.

I went to Ikea on Friday 07/08/09 and there were gypsies(people of other living requirements) in the Ikea car park. There were several large and quite long fairly static looking caravans with astroturf out the front. They could roll out the astroturf and set it all up for one day but it looked semi-permanent to me.

Just curious if anybody knows anything about this sort of thing. Has anyone seen anything else like this?

Has it come to this where ordinary non-gypsy folk have to live in IKEA car park?

Are they still there?!!!!

I went to that Ikea about 2 months ago and they were living in the car park then.

They seem to get around the area as they have been seen at the Sainsbury's and also in Beddington Park. Though Beddington park have now installed a bar across the parking lot so you can only fit cars in.

There are easier ways of getting rid of them than applying for permission to move them on. Noise torture. Put big speakers next to them and play loud music all night and all day.

Always confuses me. Traveling people cite the desire to live outside society and be free on the road away from modern living and its constraints. Yet more often than not they camp down in large towns in the busiest areas. Hypocrites. :ph34r:

Are they still there?!!!!

I went to that Ikea about 2 months ago and they were living in the car park then.

They seem to get around the area as they have been seen at the Sainsbury's and also in Beddington Park. Though Beddington park have now installed a bar across the parking lot so you can only fit cars in.

There are easier ways of getting rid of them than applying for permission to move them on. Noise torture. Put big speakers next to them and play loud music all night and all day.

Back home they used to leave the bird scarers (big compressed air bangs to keep birds off the crops) on all night. But they kept getting broken (tbf I would sabotage them too if they were 50yrds from my caravan).

Then they started muck spreading at unusual times of year ;) *

*Super Ted does not endorse biological warfare

Ikea will also have to clean all of their drains and manholes where human effluent has ben poured down them, clean up the tons and tons of building rubble and all of the chopped down tree waste and the house clearance dumped by our lovable little tinkers.

Guest happy?

Are you sure they're gipsies - it not unknown for people to get trapped in IKEA for several weeks at a time. They may be trapped customers gone feral.

Always confuses me. Traveling people cite the desire to live outside society and be free on the road away from modern living and its constraints. Yet more often than not they camp down in large towns in the busiest areas. Hypocrites. :ph34r:

+1

the whole of the UK (and beyond), no chains, the freedom of the open road. And where do they end up? The carpark of the farking Croydon IKEA. :(

I've lost all respect for gypo's.

It's so they can be near the benefit office to claim all their money each week.

They've actually been there for at least a couple of months, I saw them myself that long ago.

A couple of months - that is bizarre. I can't believe they can't move them on.

We had some a few years back in Charlton, next to McDonalds on Bugsby's Way.

They left a terrible mess, and it explains why the narrow posts were put in place afterwards. I never realised until reading this thread :lol:

TFH

They are clearly adverts for contemporary executive living in compact spaces.

By the way, I saw a carrier bag full of what I am sure is human shit in the street yesterday, odd. Charlotte Road in London's trendy Shoreditch.

The only thing I can think of is that someone got collared before they had a chance to set fire to it and throw it at Foxtons, but who knows?

But they need handy storage ideas too, and theres so much choice.

But they need handy storage ideas too, and theres so much choice.

I was wondering whether it was a day trip to get some furniture until I saw the astroturf out the front. If they just camped on grass they could have the real thing.

Guest happy?
I was wondering whether it was a day trip to get some furniture until I saw the astroturf out the front. If they just camped on grass they could have the real thing.

Do you think maybe they're queueing for the January sale?