House Price Crash Forum

Absolutely Shameless Property Ramping By The Bbc

HOLA441
Accepted. Of course I was being ironic as it is an overused term in Eric Berne's book. Not obvious I guess.

Thanks. You obviously read the book more carefully than me. The next time I try to appear intellectual I'll do my research more thoroughly.

Good to deal with someone on a Adult to Adult basis!

Edited by The Realist

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
I did not read the article when first posted as I thought it would be a waste of my time, it is mega bear food if you read through the happy clappy stuff.

This in my opinion is securing far larger falls in the long run, it may take a little longer to get there but this is classic wealth destruction phase in action with all the parental funds getting sucked into property in this last hurah.

Also sales volume in London are still very low as confirmed on thread yesterday it is still 1/4 of a normal year. When this turns to the downside again I actually think we will get a crash number 2 of greater magnitude than the first, never happened before in modern history but then this is not a normal crisis. If this blip had not got so much coverage and traction I would have gone for the slow decline over the next 5 years but this is changing things sucking in the last buyers in all the hype in one big push similar to the way the top of bubbles operate.

Great news for the bears if you read between the lines.

Yep, good post Confounded

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Please allow me.

You are a VI doom and gloom ramper.

It's all gone pear shaped and you have started to realise you're not getting a 90% off 2007 price house.

You can choose. Try and get a bargain now while they are about 10% off, even though the houses for sale aren't the pick of the crop. Or option 2, save a deposit and pay the going rate for a nice place.

We didn't have a crash. Nice try for ramping one up but homeowners didn't allow it to happen.

the reason we are not having a full blown crash you nitwit is not because homeowners didnt allow it to happen. its because interest rates are only 0.5% allowing people to stay in their homes even when in financial hardship.

wait until interest rates rise....

HOLA4412
Of course, factor in that BOMAD is not a fractional reserve institution so for every 100k that BOMAD takes out of a bank and lends, it could have been around 900k if lent by a fractionally reserving bank.

Parents MEW 100k to give FTB kids as a deposit. Parents now owe bank 100k more (plus interest, and secured on a mostly-paid-off house), giving bank a lovely secure future revenue stream.

Kids take out 200k mortgage from bank to buy 300k house with 100k deposit. Bank has yet another future revenue stream (25 years of mortgage payments from kids at a tasty FTB interest rate which they will probably be locked into by negative equity or low LTV after HPC), again secured against a house which would have to fall in price by 33% tomorrow to even begin to threaten the bank's investment.

The bank has shielded itself from the risk of HPC and/or default by replacing 100k of a risky FTB mortgage with 100k of a safe parental mortgage. Clever bank. Stupid family.

HOLA4413
Parents MEW 100k to give FTB kids as a deposit. Parents now owe bank 100k more (plus interest, and secured on a mostly-paid-off house), giving bank a lovely secure future revenue stream.

Kids take out 200k mortgage from bank to buy 300k house with 100k deposit. Bank has yet another future revenue stream (25 years of mortgage payments from kids at a tasty FTB interest rate which they will probably be locked into by negative equity or low LTV after HPC), again secured against a house which would have to fall in price by 33% tomorrow to even begin to threaten the bank's investment.

The bank has shielded itself from the risk of HPC and/or default by replacing 100k of a risky FTB mortgage with 100k of a safe parental mortgage. Clever bank. Stupid family.

Yep. Balance sheet tastic.