House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Alton Towers Special Offer!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6790200.ece

“While women may hail the return of the skimpy bathers, the style itself is not deemed public or family friendly, and therefore we are requesting that male swimmers wear more appropriate styles such as boardshorts.

"The resort is also considering introducing mandatory bikini waxing for men, in a bid to prevent unsightly hair from being on display.â€

I'm not sure that the mandatory shaving of men's balls and ordering them wear a crotch burka is such a compelling marketing ploy... :blink:

Ronaldo, being the big girl's blouse that he is, wouldn't be too bothered, as I don't think he even has pubes.

Us men, wear big baggy shorts anyway, and it's not because speedo's ride up our **** cracks either!

(It's 'cos we're scared of the s falling off)

Guest anorthosite
Us men, wear big baggy shorts anyway, and it's not because speedo's ride up our **** cracks either!

Speak for yourself. Us men lose the puppies and go naked.

Guest DisposableHeroes
Speak for yourself. Us men lose the puppies and go naked.

Not to be done when cold though. The double up laughter still hurts :(

Hmm, sure I'm not alone in being a hairy bugger (I AM a bear, after all), so shaving my 'bikini line' would leave me with a very curious and difficult to ignore, looking bald stripe..... Are they SURE they want this?

Hmm, sure I'm not alone in being a hairy bugger (I AM a bear, after all), so shaving my 'bikini line' would leave me with a very curious and difficult to ignore, looking bald stripe..... Are they SURE they want this?

Not only a bald stripe that leaves one open to certain speculation my dear, nops, it's far more interesting than that! ...from what I observed, people who shave in tender places that chafe end up with inflamed hair follicles that itch like hell and the entire thing can quickly look like you have some kind of icky skin disease.

So... I'm not sure that Alton Towers will improve the overall level of modesty in the end after all... I have this vision of hordes of males all attempting to discreetly and/or surreptitiously scratching themselves after valiantly attempting to stave off the urge for a while. And those who don't scratch will be quite miserable too.

And, how will the women be able look at one of those guys without thinking about the indignity of the bikini wax they had forced upon them?

Visit Alton Towers, become an instant public laughingstock!

I suppose Alton Towers can make whatever rules they like since they own the place. But it seems a very silly dress code, especially if women are still allowed to wear skimpy bikinis because while they look very good on slim, young women, 90% of them are worn by women who should know better!

Guest X-QUORK

A terrible place full of Brummies and Northern types in Mankinis. I think I can resist the temptation of the latest Harry Potter Inverse-O-Tron ride for a while longer, thank you very much.

Guest skullingtonjoe

Mandatory bikini waxing?

This is really too much...how do you define what is appropriate body hair and what is not? Are they going to have `hair czars` checking? What if you refuse to have a bikini waxing - will you be held down while hot wax is poured over you? What about the human rights aspect - I assume bikini waxing is painful, so will you be compensated for any discomfort?

The whole thing`s not been thought through!

Guest X-QUORK
Mandatory bikini waxing?

This is really too much...how do you define what is appropriate body hair and what is not? Are they going to have `hair czars` checking?

The only two certainties in life, death and waxes.

Guest Skinty

Aren't shorts more likely to come off in the water? They aren't swimming so much as being rushed through the water and fumes at high speed.

What really amazes me though is the 'complimentary waxing'. Waxing is bad enough when you're a woman, but men have much stronger and thicker hair than women. Complimentary??

Come to Alton Towers and we'll give you complimentary pain. Oh great! A poke in the eye will do me thanks.

Maybe they just want to get rid of men? Although why I don't know. Perhaps it's some paranoia about the safety of children and they want to make it a more comfortable environment for concerned mothers?

There has to be some ulterior motive here. This will seriously hit their turnover at a time when they should be doing whatever they can to safe guard it.

Guest skullingtonjoe
Aren't shorts more likely to come off in the water? They aren't swimming so much as being rushed through the water and fumes at high speed.

What really amazes me though is the 'complimentary waxing'. Waxing is bad enough when you're a woman, but men have much stronger and thicker hair than women. Complimentary??

Come to Alton Towers and we'll give you complimentary pain. Oh great! A poke in the eye will do me thanks.

Maybe they just want to get rid of men? Although why I don't know. Perhaps it's some paranoia about the safety of children and they want to make it a more comfortable environment for concerned mothers?

There has to be some ulterior motive here. This will seriously hit their turnover at a time when they should be doing whatever they can to safe guard it.

Someone`s going to be making money out of this somehow. I think it`s some kind of focus group-test while they make plans to turn Alton Towers into some kind of health spa! :blink:

Someone`s going to be making money out of this somehow.

Yeah Alton towers.

No one knows they have a water park...................but they do now.

No one wears trunks anyway, and the waxing is just a lie/joke.

They have allready got themselves a free advert off the Times, and no doubt a few hundred websites.