House Price Crash Forum

Big Eathquake Just Hit Bay Of Bengal

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Still, at least it will give Sky News something to drone on and on about for hours....and hours....and hours.

Until they realise it's a false alarm, no disasters unfolding.

Then they can go back to digging up another "sensational" story about Michael Jackson.

HOLA444
Still, at least it will give Sky News something to drone on and on about for hours....and hours....and hours.

Until they realise it's a false alarm, no disasters unfolding.

Then they can go back to digging up another "sensational" story about Michael Jackson.

Is he touring again?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I was on an island 1m above sea level when the last one struck. Thankfully it was on the east coast.

You're a floater, Parry, not a sinker.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
doing a california coastal tour from san diego up to san francisco next week. i just know the big one is going to hit when im there......

I did that last month. Was in the Embassy Suites in La Jolla when the 4.6 one "struck". It was a low level rumble. Too many mexicans in san diego for my liking. Silver strand is a great beach on the weekends (big and no too crowded) and la jolla beach is great during the week.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
It was humour based on the fact the met office said we were in for a barbeque summer and then it pissed down and they all got bonuses.

Well, the bonus was the same for all staff in all the divisions (eg entry level scientists get the same award as managers).

Additionally, accuracy of forecasts (and I hasten to add, the short range forecasts at the Met Office are excellent - amongst the best anywhere), are only a small component of the determination of the size of the bonus.

Long range forecasting is very difficult, almost statistical. Either way, it will reveal little more than a trend.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419