House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Disposable Heroes

Selfish Python Owners!

Guest DisposableHeroes

On the evening of June 25th 2009, our beautiful and adorable cat Wilbur was attacked, brutally asphyxiated and consumed whole by a 13 ft long Burmese Python. The snake had been left unattended in its owners unsecured back garden.

Even though a snake of this size could kill a grown adult, let alone a small child, they are not considered a threat to the general public by the Government. Pythons (and Boa Constrictors) do not have to be licensed, nor does the law regulate how they must be kept. We want to see the law amended to include these snakes in the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

http://www.justiceforwilbur.co.uk/Justice_...lbur_/Home.html

What about justice for Worzels' garden, which regularly has cats crapping in it. I cant stand there all day to scare them off, I have real work to do.

What about justice for Worzels' garden, which regularly has cats crapping in it. I cant stand there all day to scare them off, I have real work to do.

We had that problem until we got our own cat. Funily enough that seemed to do the trick.

We had that problem until we got our own cat. Funily enough that seemed to do the trick.

Quite extreme though, especially as I dont really like cats that much. The cat should not have been trespassing as far as I am concerned, cat owners dont give a monkeys about hte cat eating the bird life and leaving their mark in others gardens. Its just nature in action.

Quite extreme though, especially as I dont really like cats that much. The cat should not have been trespassing as far as I am concerned, cat owners dont give a monkeys about hte cat eating the bird life and leaving their mark in others gardens. Its just nature in action.

Agreed. It's all very well saying poor kitty, but after you've had your vegetable patch used as a latrine by an army of the b**gers it might be more understandable.

Re the dead animals, I wouldn't mind so much if they ate them, but they normally eat half leaving the mangled mess around. Oh yeah, and they normally sick up the half that they have eaten.

Does anyone know what skills you need in order to keep a giant snake in your back garden ?

Why would anyone would want to keep a creature like that?.

Part of the bull-terrier-called-Tyson macho sub-culture, I suppose.

It's a man thing.

Why would anyone would want to keep a creature like that?.

Part of the bull-terrier-called-Tyson macho sub-culture, I suppose.

It's a man thing.

I know what you mean. Cats are fecking evil.

Edit: I'm waiting for anorthosite to make a joke about a trouser snake and a Pussy.

Guest DisposableHeroes

Edit: I'm waiting for anorthosite to make a joke about a trouser snake and a Pussy.

nicola-roberts3.jpg

Im not interested in protecting cats. Cat owners dont care where there cats go as soon as they leave the house. Some get hit by cars, some go missing, some it seems get eaten by snakes, we cant have a society where we bend over backwards to protect cats. rediculous cause.

Besides, You should have looked after your cat. and not let it in someone elses garden. I have a rabbit, Starsky. He keeps himself to himself in our garden and makes absolutely no noise, a great pet, beatifull to watch. So i protect him, 99% of the time against cats, they sit on the fence waiting to pounce, allthough they are crap hunters, they seem to tatally switch off from there surroundings whilst stalking Starsky, which means i can swing open my bedroom window, grab my catapult and fire a glass marble straight into its ribs from about 20 ft. less and less cats are coming back to try there chances these days, it seems to be having the desired effect.

Im not interested in protecting cats. Cat owners dont care where there cats go as soon as they leave the house. Some get hit by cars, some go missing, some it seems get eaten by snakes, we cant have a society where we bend over backwards to protect cats. rediculous cause.

Besides, You should have looked after your cat. and not let it in someone elses garden. I have a rabbit, Starsky. He keeps himself to himself in our garden and makes absolutely no noise, a great pet, beatifull to watch. So i protect him, 99% of the time against cats, they sit on the fence waiting to pounce, allthough they are crap hunters, they seem to tatally switch off from there surroundings whilst stalking Starsky, which means i can swing open my bedroom window, grab my catapult and fire a glass marble straight into its ribs from about 20 ft. less and less cats are coming back to try there chances these days, it seems to be having the desired effect.

:lol:

You being serious ? Cats are immense hunters. Anything that can catch a wee doormouse or a wee bird is impressive in my book.

3735698881_00d9cc8fa9.jpg

really? I'm talking about domestic cats, the ones near me dont seem like great hunters. most have a nasty limp :ph34r::lol:

Nasty !!

Try crawling around your garden trying to catch birds. See how many you catch. And I am not talking about the human variety... ;)

Whose going to sign the petition ;)

Squealing pig stylee :lol:

ok, can i use my slingshot. lol.

Poor wee cats !! Just doing a bit of hunting, having a few fights and trying to bang the local bird. Shame to give them a smack in the leg for it IMO. Sounds like a decent life.

Although cats fighting is some sound. Mental.

I've seen a cat get a bird in my garden. Not a pleasant sight.

Not a big fan of cats, though having snakes as pets is... well, why?

Too many cats now, much prefer to see birds around the garden.

On the evening of June 25th 2009, our beautiful and adorable cat Wilbur was attacked, brutally asphyxiated and consumed whole by a 13 ft long Burmese Python. The snake had been left unattended in its owners unsecured back garden.

Even though a snake of this size could kill a grown adult, let alone a small child, they are not considered a threat to the general public by the Government. Pythons (and Boa Constrictors) do not have to be licensed, nor does the law regulate how they must be kept. We want to see the law amended to include these snakes in the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

I have quite a poncey cat, and he is not allowed out of the house unless I put him on his lead and cat walk him. He wouldn't handle himself against the neighbourhood cats, he would get beaten up. Pythons though? Do I need to get the latest pet, a python? To protect me and mine?

RIP wilbur, sorry to hear it.

I have quite a poncey cat, and he is not allowed out of the house unless I put him on his lead and cat walk him.

Erm.......... I dont think thats a cat mate. You must have a little fluffy dog or something?? you better double check because the only people who put leads on cats are realy weired old lady's, or people who use them for sexual pleasure.

Sorry to hear about your cat, but why pick on pythons in particular ? A rottweiler could easily rip a cat apart, as could a pit bull or any number of dogs. You don't need a dangerous animal licence for those.

Guest DisposableHeroes

Python as a pets :blink:

As for cats, they enjoy killing birds for fun (part of there natural instinct). The python was doing the same for food.

"We want to see the law amended to include these snakes in the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976." What about putting cats in there too for killing birds?

I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. I would feel very much the same if it happened to one of our two.

I'm absolutely shocked that the keeping of pythons of this size aren't regulated. 13ft long is a size that is seriously dangerous to children.