House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

loginandtonic

Police To Be Paid To Stand In Bars With Drinkers

i live down the road from oldham.

To be honest, oldham town centre at night is crammed full of chav scum and asians looking for a fight.

Nothing, not even a duty cop in a bar could pursuad me to go their for a night out.

Not spent a penny in oldhams bars since gavin hopley got murdered.

It really is depressing place.

Nothing, not even a duty cop in a bar could pursuad me to go their for a night out.

"Evenin' all. I have reason to believe I'm going to get totally @rseholed tonight..."

Saw this ono BBC Breakfast this morning and it seems like a good idea to tackle the binge drinking problem.

The post office style queueing will sort out the problem of some never getting served whilst others get instant service but I'm interested to see how they tackle someone moving from establishment to establishment and gets slaughtered. Will the police send someone home if they appear too drunk when in the cheap booze establishments and what about those not in those places, will the bar staff refuse serving them which they should be doing anyway?

The only "answer" to our binge drinking "problem" is a complete and gradual change in the morals and values we teach our kids.

So long as anyone thinks that the way to enjoy yourself and to meet a member of the opposite sex is to head into town and get hammered, we'll always be dealing with the inevitable punch ups that happen at the end of the night.

People will always get pissed, always have, always will. The problem is ingrained in our culture, and crack-downs, or any number of new initiatives won't solve that, unless they just effectively shut everything down.

We're stuck with it, so we might as well try bringing our kids up differently.

Oh god, is anyone watching this?

The council approved drinking hole :lol:

People queueing like a post office for a beer, under the watchful eye of legal thugs, council officials and police officers

It's like some sort of communist nightmare :lol:

Give me rioting and puking any day of the week over this dystopian nightmare of a future

Oh god, is anyone watching this?

The council approved drinking hole :lol:

People queueing like a post office for a beer, under the watchful eye of legal thugs, council officials and police officers

It's like some sort of communist nightmare :lol:

Give me rioting and puking any day of the week over this dystopian nightmare of a future

Gadget show is on mate. Suzi Perry!!! :P

Guest theboltonfury
Gadget show is on mate. Suzi Perry!!! :P

2 coppers in a bar just look like strippers.

The only "answer" to our binge drinking "problem" is a complete and gradual change in the morals and values we teach our kids.

Disagree.

The old licensing act made it a serious offence (For which the licensee could lose their license) to serve alcohol to a punter who was obviously already drunk. Not sure what the cnahges stipulate.

Additionally, it is (Still) an offence to wander along the street pissed as a rat tailed snake.

Not too far away from where I live when in UK is a newish road long overdue, which connects the end of this connurbation to the County Town.

Very straight: nice smooth road surface- unusually!

Just after it was opened, plod decided to nick all the people on big bikes and fast wheels trying the road out when totally empty in the early hours.

Local magistrates set up a temporary court in a school on a Saturday morning.

Rubber stamp! Rubber stamp! Rubber stamp! Rubber stamp! Rubber stamp!

If local authority were honestly concerned with public order, then there is the answer.

However local authority are focused on two realities only: collecting exorbitant business rates from licensed premises: and diversity strategy!

And plod is focused mainly on nicking motorists.

All supposed authority has abrogated their primary responsibility.

From the PM downwards.................................