House Price Crash Forum
BrickandMortar

The House Price Crash Of 2007-2009 Is Over, Cebr Declares

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economi...R-declares.html

The average UK house price will grow by 2pc between the fourth quarter of 2009 and the end of 2010, according to the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR).

There is a good chance that they will rise even more quickly, thanks to the unprecedented collapse in new homebuilding, it added.

The prediction comes after Halifax reported that house prices rose by 1.1pc in July the second rise in three months. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, which predicted at the start of the year that prices could fall by some 15pc, also said it now thought that in fact home values could actually increase in 2009.

The CEBR said that prices are likely to fall by a further 3pc throughout the remainder of 2009, which would take the total

peak-to-trough fall to around 24pc compared with the third quarter of 2007.

However, it said that this was likely to be the full extent of the slide in prices – a smaller total fall than many economists had anticipated when the crash began.

Nonetheless, the recovery is likely to be extremely subdued, it added.

the 'crash' is over - move on B)

yeah, cos banks are lending free and easy and everybody has spare capacity to take on more credit due to increases in wages and decreases in unemployment. I am guessing you were looking in the mirror when you came up with your username.

Jeeeeeeeeeezzzsss

What arseholes :rolleyes:

I suppose they will be giving us all exact forecasts of the stock market for the next 2 years next.... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Edited by eric pebble

The song to listen to whilst reading this article. for the full effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG4XiqvDX9Y

I have a dream, a song to sing

To help me cope with anything

If you see the wonder of a fairy tale

You can take the future even if you fail

I believe in angels

Something good in everything I see

I believe in angels

When I know the time is right for me

Ill cross the stream - I have a dream

I have a dream, a fantasy

To help me through reality

And my destination makes it worth the while

Pushing through the darkness still another mile

I believe in angels

I believe in angels

I have a dream, a song to sing

To help me cope with anything

If you see the wonder of a fairy tale

You can take the future even if you fail

I believe in angels

I believe in angels

yeah, cos banks are lending free and easy and everybody has spare capacity to take on more credit due to increases in wages and decreases in unemployment. I am guessing you were looking in the mirror when you came up with your username.

:lol::lol::lol: I offer a humble opinion and this is your response???

pats on head, run along now little bear....

:lol::lol::lol: I offer a humble opinion and this is your response???

pats on head, run along now little bear....

I deal in fact, you can deal in opinion. "House prices are a matter of opinion but the debt is real". Have you not got some BTL flats to buy?

Ah, so this is the latest VI stance.

After years of avoiding the words "House Price Crash" and denying that such a thing could ever happen under NuLabour, it's accepted that it "happened" but it's over :rolleyes:.

Published 07/31/2007

Despite signs that the market is beginning to slow down, the current pace of house price inflation is so great that the average price of a home will exceed £460,000 by 2025, new research shows.

The figure comes from the Centre for Economic and Business Research, and, despite being 2.4 times higher than the current average, is based on predictions that annual house price inflation will be below five per cent from 2016 to 2026.

By comparison, even the current slowdown now being widely reported by most media outlets sees house price inflation still standing at 9.1 per cent annually, according to figures published by the Land Registry this week.

The extent to which the country has become overly concerned with lower price growth seems evident from the latest research, with sustained price drops still very much off the agenda – in part because of the continued lack of supply.

"Meeting its targets for house building will be crucial if the government is to help alleviate the current supply shortage in the housing market," commented CEBR's John Ward.

But the CEBR has admitted that even successful government plans will only serve to cap prices at the above-mentioned £460,000 figure.

House prices 'will tumble £40,000 by the end of 2009'

By Sean Poulter

Last updated at 2:51 AM on 27th October 2008

The average price of a home will tumble by as much as £40,000 by the end of next year, experts claim today.

A study shows a peak-to-trough fall in house prices of up to 20 per cent by December 2009, taking the figure back to 2004 levels.

The figures come from the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR), which predicts the market will not show any signs of stability until 2010.

Monday, 02 Feb 2009 11:07

The CEBR is calling on the government for further action in the property market Printer friendly version

House prices in 2013 could fall to the level last seen in 2003, according to new analysis. The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) is calling on the government for further action in the property market to prevent a 40 per cent peak-to-trough house price drop.

Furthermore the body predicts house price fall in 2009 will be worse than in 2008 if there is no improvement in lending.

I like the CEBR....they are always 100% wrong.

Im sure Sybil13 will have some details for us later.

EDIT....Hello Sybil13......I KNEW you would love to comment

Edited by Bloo Loo

Furthermore the body predicts house price fall in 2009 will be worse than in 2008 if there is no improvement in lending.

Just wondering what has happened to this logic....

I like the CEBR....they are always 100% wrong.

Im sure Sybil13 will have some details for us later.

EDIT....Hello Sybil13......I KNEW you would love to comment

I am still not sure they are always 100% wrong I think they scared themselves with their accuracy earlier this year but found it made them very unpopular....

House prices in 2013 could fall to the level last seen in 2003, according to new analysis. The Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) is calling on the government for further action in the property market to prevent a 40 per cent peak-to-trough house price drop.

In the report quoted above they predicted 32% falls even if the government bail out got approvals to 50000 by next year, although that is nearly 50% the level considered needed to stop house price falls

CEBR predicts house prices will fall 32 per cent peak-to-trough from the third quarter of 2007 with prices bottoming out in the first quarter of 2010, but only if the government’s banking bailout is able to stimulate a modest improvement in mortgage approvals from the December 2008 level of 32,000 per month to around 50,000 per month in 2010.

Another accurate report from the CEBR that use to be on Yahoo under the heading of EXPECT THE HOUSING MARKET TO CRASH SOON

Tax revenue from financial service sector down by £28 billion –equivalent to four fifths of the entire defence budget

A special study by cebr estimates that the tax take from the financial service sectorã

€€infinancial year 2009/10 will be only £39 billion, down from £67 billion in 20

06/07. While the bank recapitalisations and asset guarantee schemes

have attracted most attention, it is the collapse in revenue

s that is the greatest risk to the governmentʹs finances inã

€€the post credit crunch era. 

Published 07/31/2007

House prices 'will tumble £40,000 by the end of 2009'

By Sean Poulter

Last updated at 2:51 AM on 27th October 2008

Monday, 02 Feb 2009 11:07

LOL, awesome.

Are the CEBR actually paid for their "expert" opinion and "research"?

The future of Britain as a nation, indeed the future of the entire world depends on rising house prices:

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/09082009/323/world...use-prices.html

Financial News

Sunday August 9, 06:05 AM

World pins recovery hopes on rising house prices

LONDON (AFP) - For homeowners around the world struck by the collapse of property markets, figures showing the downward spiral may be halting are the most meaningful signs yet of a possible economic recovery..../

Analysts remain sceptical on the longer-term outlook for property prices as stable economic growth remains vulnerable to rising unemployment and government strategies for a clean exit from recession after unprecedented fiscal stimulus.

"It was once said that the difference between and 'expert' and an 'analyst' is that the former tell it like they want it to be whereas the latter tell it like it is."

I have to agree.

Edited by Realistbear

The future of Britain as a nation, indeed the future of the entire world depends on rising house prices:

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/09082009/323/world...use-prices.html

Financial News

Sunday August 9, 06:05 AM

World pins recovery hopes on rising house prices

LONDON (AFP) - For homeowners around the world struck by the collapse of property markets, figures showing the downward spiral may be halting are the most meaningful signs yet of a possible economic recovery..../

Analysts remain sceptical on the longer-term outlook for property prices as stable economic growth remains vulnerable to rising unemployment and government strategies for a clean exit from recession after unprecedented fiscal stimulus.

"It was once said that the difference between and 'expert' and an 'analyst' is that the former tell it like they want it to be whereas the latter tell it like it is."

I have to agree.

Which one do you think you are?

I think maybe we've hit a bottom but we will be hitting that bottom for quite some time.