House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Barebear

Has Anybody Met Anyone From Tinternet ?

Guest Barebear

Heres my story.

Got chatting to a girl on line who showed me a pic and I showed her mine, we agreed to meet outside a train station. I gave her my mobile number just in case.

On the day I decided to wait a little bit down the road but in view of the station so I could see her.

Suddenly my phone rang and it was her asking where I was, I couldnt see anyone at the station though so I said I was just down the road as I couldnt park, with that the passenger door opened and the fattest old sow squeezed herself in.

I was quite pleasent and asked where she would like to go for a drink. We went to a pub where disappearing whilst going to the toilet wasn't an option and it became apparent that her bladder could hold gallons. So eventually I asked why she didnt look like her picture. It was taken before she had her 6 kids I was informed.

Lol what a night.

Guest UK Debt Slave
Heres my story.

Got chatting to a girl on line who showed me a pic and I showed her mine, we agreed to meet outside a train station. I gave her my mobile number just in case.

On the day I decided to wait a little bit down the road but in view of the station so I could see her.

Suddenly my phone rang and it was her asking where I was, I couldnt see anyone at the station though so I said I was just down the road as I couldnt park, with that the passenger door opened and the fattest old sow squeezed herself in.

I was quite pleasent and asked where she would like to go for a drink. We went to a pub where disappearing whilst going to the toilet wasn't an option and it became apparent that her bladder could hold gallons. So eventually I asked why she didnt look like her picture. It was taken before she had her 6 kids I was informed.

Lol what a night.

:lol::lol::lol:

Oldest trick in the book

There's alot of that going on. Always insist on an up to date photo, to be reciprocated by your good self of course

Oldest trick in the book

There's alot of that going on. Always insist on an up to date photo, to be reciprocated by your good self of course

Yup.... if someone is not open and willing to exchange - walk away!

some years ago a couple of times

1. from match.com rather better looking than her photo she looked like a 50s starlet but she was argumentative although good-hearted, tried to patch it up after a misunderstanding but couldnt, by coincidence saw her round the shops in london once + although she glanced almost friendly-ish at me i walked away fast as she left a bad taste in my mouth from the first time. however anna will make someone a very happy man if not married by now i have to admit, she was not the typical sort to use dating sites back then - successful in her career and a tad prominent and classically good looking. these days it's more usual to find people of her calibre though (now i'm too old of course)

2. from dd nice photo but it was a lucky shot, but i wasnt worried about that as she looked more or less the same, we met outside a w london tube, but i called it a day when she dropped into the conversation she was married but separated, just not my style. she had told me she was divorced. edit to add: if i recall she got quite rude by email after i told her why i couldnt meet again.

3. in my 20s, my prime, i did a telephone dating ad - i was stood up outside a tube station by a radio dj girl whose pic i never saw, it was a mutual blind date, she obviously decided i was not for her and just let me stand there like a moron, i had a few phone dating dates and never did that to anyone myself so what goes around doesn't always come around

all my actual proper girlfriends i met at random in real places - supermarket, bus stop, at work, street, only twice in a bar in west end (having been to bars zillions of times not a very good success rate)

Guest Barebear

1. from match.com rather better looking than her photo she looked like a 50s starlet but she was argumentative although good-hearted, tried to patch it up after a misunderstanding but couldnt, by coincidence saw her round the shops in london once + although she glanced almost friendly-ish at me i walked away fast as she left a bad taste in my mouth from the first time. however anna will make someone a very happy man if not married by now i have to admit, she was not the typical sort to use dating sites back then - successful in her career and a tad prominent and classically good looking. these days it's more usual to find people of her calibre though (now i'm too old of course)

2. from dd nice photo but it was a lucky shot, but i wasnt worried about that as she looked more or less the same, we met outside a w london tube, but i called it a day when she dropped into the conversation she was married but separated, just not my style. she had told me she was divorced. edit to add: if i recall she got quite rude by email after i told her why i couldnt meet again.

3. in my 20s, my prime, i did a telephone dating ad - i was stood up outside a tube station by a radio dj girl whose pic i never saw, it was a mutual blind date, she obviously decided i was not for her and just let me stand there like a moron, i had a few phone dating dates and never did that to anyone myself so what goes around doesn't always come around

all my actual proper girlfriends i met at random in real places - supermarket, bus stop, at work, street, only twice in a bar in west end (having been to bars zillions of times not a very good success rate)

Based upon information that a lot of singles meet in supermarkets i decided to take it a step further and target women who work in shops.

I have had a fair amount of success from that but no lasting relationship.

I may try looking in peoples shopping baskets next and seeing if I can start a conversation that way.

E.G. Oooo I see you use tennalady. I wouldnt have known to look at you.

Guest anorthosite
Was it Anthea Turner?

Scarlet she said her name was. Last thing I heard was her singing "Daisy" as I disconnected her higher brain functions.

Based upon information that a lot of singles meet in supermarkets i decided to take it a step further and target women who work in shops.

I have had a fair amount of success from that but no lasting relationship.

I may try looking in peoples shopping baskets next and seeing if I can start a conversation that way.

E.G. Oooo I see you use tennalady. I wouldnt have known to look at you.

:lol: tennalady

all i recall was if i'm nervous i play it down, because as any actor will tell you: nerves make anything yo do or say seem that much more intense and maybe OTT, so i was very much mr cool and get them talking and if poss smiling

good luck

ps me personally i never went for anyone who works somewhere i visit as that can make them edgy, i considered them off limits if they work in a shop, even now i've a checkout girl with gorgeous blue eyes who seems to really lock eyes with me when i shop there but i dont take it further as i dont want to creep her out in case i've got wrong end of t'stick

Met one and married her. Still together 8 years later.

And met a load of lads online and went to europe with em on motorbikes.

:-)

Same here - met my wife online in 2000, although I only finally got around to marriage in 2004.

Guest Barebear
:lol: tennalady

all i recall was if i'm nervous i play it down, because as any actor will tell you: nerves make anything yo do or say seem that much more intense and maybe OTT, so i was very much mr cool and get them talking and if poss smiling

good luck

ps me personally i never went for anyone who works somewhere i visit as that can make them edgy, i considered them off limits if they work in a shop, even now i've a checkout girl with gorgeous blue eyes who seems to really lock eyes with me when i shop there but i dont take it further as i dont want to creep her out in case i've got wrong end of t'stick

I mentioned I had a few successes, I also had a few failures too. Like security guards confronting me and accusing me of stalking one of their staff. I duelly told them to f uck right off and they banned me from the store.

But hey you gotta get in where it hurts, faint heart never f ucked a donkey and all that.

Only done it the once.

Both did not have photos but agreed to meet purely on our shared musical taste. Agreed to meet for lunch in a restaurant and I got there first. However on sitting down facing the floor to ceiling windows so I could get the first peek I became aware of a tub of lard waiting outside and realised that my date would assume it was me. So I was rather amused and the more I thought about it the more I found myself laughing uncontrollably sitting there on my own. Luckily the date came in and because tinternet date had horribly imagined said lardo to be the arranged date also we both collapsed hysterically for several minutes before we even introduced ourselves. Great start to a fab relationship which ended rather suddenly after about 6 meet ups when I wanted a 'Last Tango in Paris' kind of scenario and tinterdater didn't.

Sad really but fun while it lasted. :rolleyes:

Scarlet she said her name was. Last thing I heard was her singing "Daisy" as I disconnected her higher brain functions.

I thought you weren't supposed to talk about it.

i walked away fast as she left a bad taste in my mouth from the first time.

She must have been a wrong 'un, if you still had the taste weeks later.

Oldest trick in the book

Would always demanding a full length photo with them holding a copy of that day's newspaper alert them to potential control-freakery issues, I wonder.

Guest KingCharles1st
:lol: Thats Injins pic innit ?

****** off he's not that good looking

Guest anorthosite
I thought you weren't supposed to talk about it.

Doh!

Oh well, its not like anyone here will know who Scarlet is ;)

Only done it the once.

Both did not have photos but agreed to meet purely on our shared musical taste. Agreed to meet for lunch in a restaurant and I got there first. However on sitting down facing the floor to ceiling windows so I could get the first peek I became aware of a tub of lard waiting outside and realised that my date would assume it was me. So I was rather amused and the more I thought about it the more I found myself laughing uncontrollably sitting there on my own. Luckily the date came in and because tinternet date had horribly imagined said lardo to be the arranged date also we both collapsed hysterically for several minutes before we even introduced ourselves. Great start to a fab relationship which ended rather suddenly after about 6 meet ups when I wanted a 'Last Tango in Paris' kind of scenario and tinterdater didn't.

Sad really but fun while it lasted. :rolleyes:

Finding a guy on the internet who wasn't just looking for a fu<k buddy must've have been pretty low odds.