House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muffy

Have You Ever Been On Holiday With Friends And It's Totally Ruined The Friendship?

This is a totally irrelevant topic but as a good friend of mine is currently having the holiday from hell in Thailand with an old chum who is being a nightmare, I'm curious to hear your stories.

I've had several experiences of going to stay with people I thought I knew well, from school, work or university, where it's gone badly wrong and I've terminated the friendship.

I can't list them all here but here's a few brief examples: I went to a remote part of France to visit a university friend who refused to offer me any food, drink or anywhere flat to sleep the whole 3 days I was marooned there! Another family invited me to stay at their house but expected me to sleep on a mattress under the kitchen table next to the cat litter tray. On a visit to see ex-university friends (married couple) in Frankfurt the wife followed me around the flat everywhere weeping and accusing me of 'ruining' the white carpets by walking on them. My old professor invited me to Munich to a 'Ball' to celebrate his 60th birthday so I went in my best ballgown because he made it sound like he'd hired a ballroom by a lake. When I got there it turned out to be a muddy tent attached to a filthy old fisherman's cottage with no water or electric - and they left me to sleep there overnight while they went home!

You get the idea - I'd love to hear your stories please!

Guest KingCharles1st

I'm sorry o.p. but the only link between all the events here is YOU!

You choose strange friends :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!

Nope I like to make new friends on holiday, one's I haven't bored rigid yet with my stories and if I only like them a bit then we never need contact them again, if they are great then you've added another chum to facebook.

Personally I never ever have people to stay either, we have a very good range of b&b's or travel lodges locally and I find paying £70k for a spare bedroom a bit nuts tbh. It never goes well being or having guests.

Yep.. Lairy Muff..

Guest Barebear

Hello again Muffy, I hope you are enjoying your time here.

I have recently terminated two long term friendships after staying with them. As a friend I was expected to pay rent ,eat and launder out.

Their repective wife and girlfriend put a stop to it and offered free accomodation with some contribution as a friend should.

Both these friends of mine and previously stayed with me over the years free of charge.

Hello again Muffy, I hope you are enjoying your time here.

I have recently terminated two long term friendships after staying with them. As a friend I was expected to pay rent ,eat and launder out.

Their repective wife and girlfriend put a stop to it and offered free accomodation with some contribution as a friend should.

Both these friends of mine and previously stayed with me over the years free of charge.

Thanks Barebear, that's the sort of story I was after.

It's quite nice to be on here, although I have found you can lay yourself open to some quite vigorous attacks from time to time.

Nevertheless it is still quite enlightening.

Guest Barebear
Thanks Barebear, that's the sort of story I was after.

It's quite nice to be on here, although I have found you can lay yourself open to some quite vigorous attacks from time to time.

Nevertheless it is still quite enlightening.

To be honest I court them. There are many prats that have come and gone on here. I enjoy the argument even if it does get quite nasty at times.

In addition to my story both friendships were over 25 years old, which is sad. Both treated their partners like sh1t, so I ditched them and am now friends with their partners. Unfortunately because of their relationship restraints they aren't allowed to reciprocate very much.

To be honest I court them. There are many prats that have come and gone on here. I enjoy the argument even if it does get quite nasty at times.

In addition to my story both friendships were over 25 years old, which is sad. Both treated their partners like sh1t, so I ditched them and am now friends with their partners. Unfortunately because of their relationship restraints they aren't allowed to reciprocate very much.

That's a pain, and a shame too.

It reminds me of another bad story I'd forgotten - I invited an old flatmate to the UK to stay with me (she was from South Africa). When she arrived she said (I kid you not) '' I haven't come to visit you, I've come to see London, just give me your spare keys and I'll come and go as I please''. I was so stunned I just handed the keys over. Hardly saw her at all until she gave them back a week later. Never heard from her again.

It reminds me of another bad story I'd forgotten - I invited an old flatmate to the UK to stay with me (she was from South Africa). When she arrived she said (I kid you not) '' I haven't come to visit you, I've come to see London, just give me your spare keys and I'll come and go as I please''. I was so stunned I just handed the keys over. Hardly saw her at all until she gave them back a week later. Never heard from her again.

You really do have some sh*te mates. Do you have any British friends that treat you like sh*t?

You really do have some sh*te mates. Do you have any British friends that treat you like sh*t?

The lot I've mentioned were Irish, German, Spanish and South African so apart from family that wanted me to sleep with the cat poo they were all foreigners ... do you think that's it? Are these some kind of strange foreign customs?

Guest Barebear

Your kidding right ?

With your S.African friend, after a couple of days I would have changed the locks and if he or she came back i would have told them to naff right on back to S.Africa.

I have a picture of you in my mind , what sort of person you are, I would love to meet you ;)

Guest Barebear
You seem like a bit of a sucker for selfish explotative pyschopaths.

Fancy a date ?

Lol got in before me.

I aint no sycho though, I like to see my self as a sycho slayer. :lol:

I would teach her how to become Muffy the sycho slayer.

Muffy, why don't you find some friends with money?

My impression is that you associate with arty types.

Hey that is incredibly perceptive.

Each and every one of the people I mentioned was a professional musician!

I did my degree in classical music.

How did you work that out - very impressed!

Guest theboltonfury
Hey that is incredibly perceptive.

Each and every one of the people I mentioned was a professional musician!

I did my degree in classical music.

How did you work that out - very impressed!

Good degree. If I'd have had my time again, I'd have done that too.

Your kidding right ?

With your S.African friend, after a couple of days I would have changed the locks and if he or she came back i would have told them to naff right on back to S.Africa.

I have a picture of you in my mind , what sort of person you are, I would love to meet you ;)

I look exactly like my photo - in fact, that is me!

My other half (sorry guys) says that I do tend to be a bit of a magnet for looneys because I appear to be easy to manipulate. Fortunately he is not a looney. Rather worryingly I seem to be an especial target for extremely aggressive lesbians and a target for bullying from trapped married women with kids who wish they weren't.

I might just go and hide somewhere, actually.

Guest Barebear
Good degree. If I'd have had my time again, I'd have done that too.

Instead you still live with mummy aye Timmy ?

Guest Barebear
I look exactly like my photo - in fact, that is me!

My other half (sorry guys) says that I do tend to be a bit of a magnet for looneys because I appear to be easy to manipulate. Fortunately he is not a looney. Rather worryingly I seem to be an especial target for extremely aggressive lesbians and a target for bullying from trapped married women with kids who wish they weren't.

I might just go and hide somewhere, actually.

What do the kids wish they were ?

Guest theboltonfury
Instead you still live with mummy aye Timmy ?

I wish.

I really do.

Guest Barebear

If you're (not you Timmy ) a target for aggressive lesbians that puts you in the small and cute category probably looking a lot younger than you are.

The want away mothers are another sign.

Yeh so I put you in the small cute and young looking category. Intelligent but a bit dippy as well.

If you're (not you Timmy ) a target for aggressive lesbians that puts you in the small and cute category probably looking a lot younger than you are.

The want away mothers are another sign.

Yeh so I put you in the small cute and young looking category. Intelligent but a bit dippy as well.

Well you can see how cute I am from my photo.

I think the problem is I try to be really nice to everyone all the time, and never answer back.

Maybe I should get some help in being a bit more nasty - all suggestions welcome!