House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getdoon_weebobby

Florida - Worth Considering With The Stronger £ / Massive Drops?

resort

http://www.regalpalms.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.c...335309110047546

houses - example the bermuda 1700 square foot

http://www.buy-florida-villas.co.uk/regal-...uda-orlando.htm

originally $389k

got an email there - slashed to $119k = �71k

im pretty sure if your on the ground the drops are far more substancial ??

May be worth getting a security expert to give the local area a once over. It doesn't matter how cheap the property is, it's not going to be worth buying if you're shot by muggers the first time you visit the local supermarket.

May be worth getting a security expert to give the local area a once over. It doesn't matter how cheap the property is, it's not going to be worth buying if you're shot by muggers the first time you visit the local supermarket.

:lol: Nice to see some frank talking realism on here. Too many dreamers fall for the glossy brochures without studying what it is like to live in a "resort" area.

Whilst I would not buy at the moment what cannot be denied is that Florida and the USA in general have fallen further than most places.

There is a point of view that first in first out however what is "out" is "out" back to bubble prices or just back to reality?

If you get a nice apartment/house in a great area over 10% yeild then maybe it is worth considering but your probably going to loose money for another year at least as we go below the fundementals which apprently is the norm in bubble lifecycles.

Florida is now cheaper than many parts of Tunisia/Morocco..... Ask any Tunisian and they think prices are going to double but then ask them if they would like to go live in Miami/have a flat there and they say "obviously yes". So why the f**k are apartments/houses more expensive here?

I will never buy a house since its illogical to have a house 8 hours away by plane (unless I work there) however it is fantastic reality check for people selling overpriced houses in developing countries since Florida has fantastic facilities and attractions.

Yes,life in the good old US of A would be a dream:

35,000 shooting deaths per year

no decent affordable health care

obesity levels even higher than the UK

growing divide between rich and poor

10% unemployment and rising (more people unemployed than the entire population of Australia)

impending soicetal breakdown, food riots and mass homelessness (the latter underway)

America is regressing to a third world nation - just as many great empires have done in the past. The Uk is following one year behind.

Florida would not be my choice. In case you did not guess.

im pretty sure if your on the ground the drops are far more substancial ??

I've seen large houses (over 1000 feet) for $30K, on a gated community, so security should not be an issue. $10K per year community fee's affect the figures somewhat.

Florida is likely to be under water in 50-100 years so bear that in mind if you intend to sell in 30 years.

I've seen large houses (over 1000 feet) for $30K, on a gated community, so security should not be an issue. $10K per year community fee's affect the figures somewhat.

Florida is likely to be under water in 50-100 years so bear that in mind if you intend to sell in 30 years.

I don't believe that. This is one of those global warming theories again. More likely is hurricane damage.

I don't believe that. This is one of those global warming theories again. More likely is hurricane damage.

Do you believe that you could once walk across the English Channel from the UK to France ?

The Florida coast is eroding at quite a serious rate.

In any case, you are right not to worry. As you state, hurricanes will see off most of the property built in the current housing bubble due to the poor materials/standards used.

Does anyone how does someone from EU goes about living in USA for long periods

im irish and can work anywhere in world since my job is in IT, tho i would need to travel alot back here and other places in US and EU

florida seems very cheap now

one wouldnt buy a shed in ireland for the price one can get a mansion in Florida (no joke!) despite the recession business

so to summarize how does one move to Florida (renting initially of course)

Yes,life in the good old US of A would be a dream:

35,000 shooting deaths per year

no decent affordable health care

obesity levels even higher than the UK

growing divide between rich and poor

10% unemployment and rising (more people unemployed than the entire population of Australia)

impending soicetal breakdown, food riots and mass homelessness (the latter underway)

America is regressing to a third world nation - just as many great empires have done in the past. The Uk is following one year behind.

Florida would not be my choice. In case you did not guess.

America will be fine. They just have to exhaust the alternative possibilities before doing the right thing.

I lived in the US in 1989, when its urban areas were in chaos. Brilliant! Some truly awful social divisions, but once I found my feet I loved every minute of it.

Not so good if you have a family. Just move to the countryside in NE - beautiful, with communities based on family values.

im irish and can work anywhere in world since my job is in IT, tho i would need to travel alot back here and other places in US and EU

one wouldnt buy a shed in ireland for the price one can get a mansion in Florida (no joke!) despite the recession business

You will need to find a firm to sponsor you for a Green Card application - real tough, especially as the states is likely to be crawling with out of work IT people now.

But they are fond of the Irish. You could also try a bogus marriage, or go and seek political asylum (say that the Irish secret police division of the Garda are after you). But the latter 2 ideas might see you getting to share a cell in an immigration detention centre with a large gay Cuban who will make you his wife, so only try it if you have big balls.

what in IT?

my company move lots of people over to the US still and the jopb market isn't that bad in IT,

both of you misunderstand

i am not looking for job or want to work for anyone

i already have a well paying job at own company that i started several years ago thats related to IT services, and that is not tied to my current location, hence i can continue making money anywhere in world with internet and electricity

thats why im asking about florida since its so cheap and i dont mind working/living in a warmer/cheaper place

both of you misunderstand

i am not looking for job or want to work for anyone

i already have a well paying job at own company that i started several years ago thats related to IT services, and that is not tied to my current location, hence i can continue making money anywhere in world with internet and electricity

thats why im asking about florida since its so cheap and i dont mind working/living in a warmer/cheaper place

In that case you will have to enter on a B1 or B2 visitor visa, or visa waiver if Ireland is on the programme. If you can convince the officer that you are a genuine tourist you will be admitted for up to 3 months. Or the actual time you state if less and they are in a foul mood.

Trouble is that you will want to depart and re-enter to renew your stay on a regular basis, which is when they realise you are abusing the visitor status to base yourselves there as a resident (working or not does not matter). Then you get to be the wife of a 6'8" moustachioed Cuban called Manuel in the immigration cell.

This ignorance of the laws is why many Brits each year screw up and buy retirement villas or condos in Florida, only to find out later on that they cannot actually live there - visit yes, live no.

Is this reply more helpful? Your best bet would be to rent your way around the globe, ensuring that each villa or condo has a wifi connection.

In that case you will have to enter on a B1 or B2 visitor visa, or visa waiver if Ireland is on the programme. If you can convince the officer that you are a genuine tourist you will be admitted for up to 3 months. Or the actual time you state if less and they are in a foul mood.

Trouble is that you will want to depart and re-enter to renew your stay on a regular basis, which is when they realise you are abusing the visitor status to base yourselves there as a resident (working or not does not matter). Then you get to be the wife of a 6'8" moustachioed Cuban called Manuel in the immigration cell.

This ignorance of the laws is why many Brits each year screw up and buy retirement villas or condos in Florida, only to find out later on that they cannot actually live there - visit yes, live no.

Is this reply more helpful? Your best bet would be to rent your way around the globe, ensuring that each villa or condo has a wifi connection.

thanks thats what i was looking for

yea ive no intention of buying unless i know i can live in a place (no ifs or buts) rents are looking very cheap over there too now

ive no problems moving every few months, feck it may as well see the world while relatively young and things are cheap

thanks thats what i was looking for

yea ive no intention of buying unless i know i can live in a place (no ifs or buts) rents are looking very cheap over there too now

ive no problems moving every few months, feck it may as well see the world while relatively young and things are cheap

Yes, fill your boots! You are lucky. Why not tour the 27 countries of the EU which you are freet to move around in, one by one, following the seasons and warm weather, to avoid visa issues?

Eg in winter you could do spain, italy, greece, then slowly move north in zig-zag directions as spring comes along, climaxing in summer in the Baltics/scandanavia.

Hello, Yelims's

I live in Miami Beach, FL and I love it. Sunshine, topless beaches, beautiful people, great jobs and 290 days of sunshine. Now it's the best time to buy in my area. I find properties selling 50% of their value because Miami Beach grew so fast that there is more inventory than buyers. You can buy an ocean view 1000 square foot condo in a luxury building for under $200,000 that use to sell for 500 to 600,000 two years ago. I'm a local investor so this is what I do. I buy these properties and resell them quickly to other investors or end buyers. They get to enjoy the majority of the profits and I make a quick profit for finding these incredible deals.

Hope I answered your question. Let me know if I can help.

Hello, Yelims's

I live in Miami Beach, FL and I love it. Sunshine, topless beaches, beautiful people, great jobs and 290 days of sunshine. Now it's the best time to buy in my area. I find properties selling 50% of their value because Miami Beach grew so fast that there is more inventory than buyers. You can buy an ocean view 1000 square foot condo in a luxury building for under $200,000 that use to sell for 500 to 600,000 two years ago. I'm a local investor so this is what I do. I buy these properties and resell them quickly to other investors or end buyers. They get to enjoy the majority of the profits and I make a quick profit for finding these incredible deals.

I saw some of these Miami Beach developments on a French tv documentry last week.

Places where there were 10 appts sold in a 20 story block. Unfinished complexes without parking or pools. Overgrown weeds all around.

The buyers had been sold a pup. ;)

If these deals are so incredible , why are you on a HPC website trying to flog them to punters on the other side of the pond ? :rolleyes:

Hello, Yelims's

Mwauahahahahahahamwuahahahahahah :lol::lol::lol:

Let me guess ? Buy now BMV before prices implode.

Florida - the english speaking equivalent of the spanish costas.

I just got back from Florida this week. Was working in Merrit Island area in NE FL.

What is still very different to this area compared to mainland Europe is a relative abundance of jobs. In reality it is still very easy to move there and get work of all kinds especially if you are a professional. When this is taken into consideration I think there are some real bargains assuming you have the visa sorted.

Key is to buy in a good school district/area and ensure property taxes/insurance are/is reasonable.

I also noticed the newer homes are very well built. Long term prices will rebound big time IMHO.