House Price Crash Forum
Guest worthless_site

Bercow Should Be Sacked

Guest Barebear

The man comes in promising radical reforms regarding expenses then hits the taxpayer with a 20k bill including 7k for a settee.

Sorry mate immediate dismissal( lying on application form ) we've mistakenly employed the wrong guy.

Should of had Widdecombe instead.

Guest UK Debt Slave
The man comes in promising radical reforms regarding expenses then hits the taxpayer with a 20k bill including 7k for a settee.

Sorry mate immediate dismissal( lying on application form ) we've mistakenly employed the wrong guy.

Did you really think they would give the Speaker slot to someone who would put the interests of the people first?

It was soooooooo bloody predictable that the job would go to someone like Bercow. I never even heard of him before until he was nominated by the crooks to protect THEIR interests

The looting goes on

The people slumber.......and SHOP

Nobody cares

Guest Barebear
Did you really think they would give the Speaker slot to someone who would put the interests of the people first?

It was soooooooo bloody predictable that the job would go to someone like Bercow. I never even heard of him before until he was nominated by the crooks to protect THEIR interests

The looting goes on

The people slumber.......and SHOP

Nobody cares

Dont give up.

Sometime in the future we will have an internet GE, where the majority can vote.

We may end up with an honest but racist BNP party in charge but is that not better than these thieving 2 main party's ?

Guest joeschmo

Should have gone to chavtastic DFS, could have got this lovely purple dralon corner suite for just over £500 (after all his flat is basically social housing so it would fit in well) :lol:

http://www.dfs.co.uk/sofas/corner-sofas/lara/191/2892/0

Edited by joeschmo

The jury is out on this IMO.

+ The building is Grade I listed this means any repairs and alterations have to be in accordance with English Heritage rules and are therefore going to be much more expensive.

+ He has a young family - this has probably necessitated some alterations.

Before you all start getting too upset - he and his family have moved into a place which was furnished for the purpose of housing the previous occupant.

I don't know about you, but when I move house I don't expect to use the previous occupants 3 piece or anything else.

Not only that, in this case the shuffle was one of generations as well so what would suit the old jock piper might not suit Bercow and his family.

It's a little different given the constitutional position of the man to that of an ordinary MP.

Edited by linuxgeek

Guest joeschmo
Before you all start getting too upset - he and his family have moved into a place which was furnished for the purpose of housing the previous occupant.

I don't know about you, but when I move house I don't expect to use the previous occupants 3 piece or anything else.

Not only that, in this case the shuffle was one of generations as well so what would suit the old jock piper might not suit Bercow and his family.

It's a little different given the constitutional position of the man to that of an ordinary MP.

Bearing in mind his official residence is large and grand and used for "state" entertaining I dont think £20K is bad. I think one previous speaker spent about £500 a roll on hand printed wallpaper. Cant really expect him to got to IKEA can we

Edited by joeschmo

The jury is out on this IMO.

+ The building is Grade I listed this means any repairs and alterations have to be in accordance with English Heritage rules and are therefore going to be much more expensive.

+ He has a young family - this has probably necessitated some alterations.

does a sofa affect the structure?

Regardless, he's a tw@t and a big one at that! I don't like the T W A T....before the w@nker became speaker he used to sit on the backbenches nodding in approval to what that tosser brown was spouting! Cameron should have expelled the ****

Edited by Chest Rockwell

Bearing in mind his official residence is large and grand and used for "state" entertaining I dont think £20K is bad. I think one previous speaker spent about £500 a roll on hand printed wallpaper. Cant really expect him to got to IKEA can we

if it was for state purposes, the previous decor would have been for the same purpose. nothing to change or pay for.

Guest joeschmo
Regardless, he's a tw@t and a big one at that! I don't like the T W A T....before the w@nker became speaker he used to sit on the backbenches nodding in approval to what that tosser brown was spouting! Cameron should have expelled the ****

you are not overly fond of the chap then...

Guest joeschmo
if it was for state purposes, the previous decor would have been for the same purpose. nothing to change or pay for.

its really not unusual, I think that you will find that all the major banks, oil companies, Unilever etc who send expats abroad and provide them with official residences allow an incoming exec a fairly substantial allowance for new beds, soft furnishings etc etc.

Edited by joeschmo

does a sofa affect the structure?

Obviously not.

But this is a sofa to go in the finest apartment in the Palace of Westminster, I suspect that furnature sutable for a normal house is not permitted by the rules.

I think it was an Ex Lord Chancellor got lots of grief about hand painted wallpaper that cost £hundreds a roll - this was not fair on him as English Heritage had insisted that this very expensive wallpaper was used.

Balls to the lot of it.

He's getting a ******ing big salary, more expenses than he can ***** off to, free accomodation, and now the taxpayer has to pay to refurbish his FREE accomodation??

Guest joeschmo
Obviously not.

But this is a sofa to go in the finest apartment in the Palace of Westminster, I suspect that furnature sutable for a normal house is not permitted by the rules.

Exactly I have just spent £3000 a fairly ordinary sofa from John Lewis and although a queen, do not live in a palace

Balls to the lot of it.

He's getting a ******ing big salary, more expenses than he can ***** off to, free accomodation, and now the taxpayer has to pay to refurbish his FREE accomodation??

I agree that most of the MP's have been shown to have been like pigs at the trough.

Important historic buildings are different, I think the church has a similar problem with it's great cathedrals in that they are extremely expensive to maintain.

Bercow might as well live in the Palace of westminster - presumably the taxpayer will have to maintain it even if he moves out unless we are to let it decay.

Exactly I have just spent £3000 a fairly ordinary sofa from John Lewis and although a queen, do not live in a palace

£3000 - yikes I bet you could have got a nice secondhand throne for not much more.

There are plenty of places for the state to entertain. Will it adversely affect the british public if an MP from another country thinks we have crap sofas? I tend to agree that £20k is not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but this is no justification, it just becomes a self perpetuating waste of money.

Have you come clean yet on your VI?

Guest Barebear
£3000 - yikes I bet you could have got a nice secondhand throne for not much more.

Dont forget he said he was a queen so any sofa would have to be able to withstand skid marks.

its really not unusual, I think that you will find that all the major banks, oil companies, Unilever etc who send expats abroad and provide them with official residences allow an incoming exec a fairly substantial allowance for new beds, soft furnishings etc etc.

You are conflating private business and the public sector. Participation in the form of taxation is compulsory in the products of the public sector. We can choose not to purchase the products of the companies that hire these executives. If we choose not to purchase the products of the State, we are thrown in jail under threat of violence.

I know you find this difference a difficult concept to grasp, but then you support and donate money to a party which believes in Corporate Statism (just like Benito mussolini did).

That makes you fundamentally dishonest ( if you understand the difference) or denser than one of Rick waller's Turds' on boxing day, if you don't.

John Bercow, Con. Buckingham.

'The MP for Buckingham flipped the designation of his main and second homes between London and his constituency and designated each as his main home at the time he sold it ... he paid no capital gains tax on either sale'.

After the expenses scandal broke.. Bercow 'voluntarily' paid the taxman £6508 + VAT - the tax he could have been required to pay on the profit of the sale of one of his houses. In 2001-8, Bercow claimed £143,455 in second home allowances.

Source: The Telegraph Complete Expenses Files.

The above tells me all I need to know.

Bercow's just another cheap chancer - like the rest of them.