House Price Crash Forum

Banks Recent Profits

Guest worthless_site

HOLA441
Guest Barebear

So they're all starting to show profits now, so soon after they nearly went bust. Albeit a few billion here and there and as low as a few million in one case for the half year.

Its seems as if the so called banking crisis was years ago, not just over a year ago.

This financial aid you, me, our children and our childrens children have given them, when is it to be repaid with interest ?

Seems now would be a good time.

I feel like the whole thing as been an elaborate con. They spouted on about how important it was not to let the banks fail yet there were banks like Barclays and HSBC not affected and are turning billions in profits now.

Why didnt they just let the others go to the wall ?

HBOS is reporting a 15 million half year profit but has plans to pay its CEO a 10 million bonus , what the fuc k ??? Thats our money !!

HOLA442
Guest UK Debt Slave
So they're all starting to show profits now, so soon after they nearly went bust. Albeit a few billion here and there and as low as a few million in one case for the half year.

Its seems as if the so called banking crisis was years ago, not just over a year ago.

This financial aid you, me, our children and our childrens children have given them, when is it to be repaid with interest ?

I feel like the whole thing as been an elaborate con. They spouted on about how important it was not to let the banks fail yet there were banks like Barclays and HSBC not affected and are turning billions in profits now.

HBOS is reporting a 15 million half year profit but has plans to pay its CEO a 10 million bonus , what the fuc k ??? Thats our money !!

MASS RAPE huh

They've got a bloody great dildo shoved up our ar$es.

Nobody gives a f-uck that their savings are being leeched away to refloat the balance sheets of the banking system

I despair. People are so utterly, utterly fekkn dumb.

HOLA443
HOLA444

The two reasons the banking system has gone from a state of collapse to bumper profits is bailout money and rewriting the mark to market rules.

Both are just storing up bigger problems down the line :(

But at least it might last just about long enough for Gordon to call an election, (hopefully it will all fall to pieces the day after though) ;)

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest Barebear
The two reasons the banking system has gone from a state of collapse to bumper profits is bailout money and rewriting the mark to market rules.

Both are just storing up bigger problems down the line :(

But at least it might last just about long enough for Gordon to call an election, (hopefully it will all fall to pieces the day after though) ;)

I've thought a lot about this. How labour are using this as a stalling process until the next GE. Where are we up to with QE now about 300 billion ?

These K unts need to be repaying that now with everything they have over their operating costs or we is well and trully f ucked in a few years and for a very long time.

One thing they dont need to be doing is paying two thirds of their profit to some figure head of an old K unt.

HOLA447
HOLA448

It's nuts isn't it?

They should have just nationalised the one bank (the cheapest - Northern Rock) and used it as a conduit for pumping now QE money through. The rest of the failing banks should have been allowed to fall on their swords, imo.

HOLA449
Guest KingCharles1st
guillotine.jpg

+1

Cut to angry mob in Trafalgar Square- the next cart load of bankers hauled in, hands tied.

Plleeeeaaasssseeee I did nothing wrong- spare me- I have a trophy bitch wife and three hungry Tarquins to feed.

Crowd stamping GIVE HIM HIS BONUS GIVE HIM HIS BONUS GIVE HIM HIS BONUS

HOLA4410
Guest UK Debt Slave
+1

Cut to angry mob in Trafalgar Square- the next cart load of bankers hauled in, hands tied.

Plleeeeaaasssseeee I did nothing wrong- spare me- I have a trophy bitch wife and three hungry Tarquins to feed.

Crowd stamping GIVE HIM HIS BONUS GIVE HIM HIS BONUS GIVE HIM HIS BONUS

Ahhhhhh! Such a delightful thought! :rolleyes:

HOLA4411

Buy gold, that’s your silent protest. Take it out of the banks, and out of the hands of the government who can tax the interest on those savings.

What's the odds of the banks chief spending some of his £10M on gold - perhaps some jewellery for his mistresses? This free money from thin air is only good news for gold prices down the line.

HOLA4412
Guest UK Debt Slave
Buy gold, that’s your silent protest. Take it out of the banks, and out of the hands of the government who can tax the interest on those savings.

What's the odds of the banks chief spending some of his £10M on gold - perhaps some jewellery for his mistresses? This free money from thin air is only good news for gold prices down the line.

Buy food, guns, any weaponry you can get your hands on, a generator and fuel, fresh water. Even better

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

good post.

also, I like your sig. ;)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Rant rant rant. Their is nothing the public can do about this. What about all the bankrupt workers and unemployed? Do they even have a voice? no. The government big business and banks have a huge propaganda (sorry, public relations) machine behind them. They hold all the cards all the assets and all the money, you hold nothing and nobody is listening to you. no-body is fighting your corner and nobody with any power gives a damn weather you or i live or die. For as long as you have a hole in your backside no one will ever care for you until we all rise up and guillotine these monsters, but that will never happen because we are all so fragmented and frightened. We don't even trust eachother thanks to the public relations machine we hardly know what our neighbors look like.

Do something about it or go back to sleep.

A Roman commander once said (something like) "The strong will conquer and the week will suffer as they must".

Well, we are all suffering because we are all week, frightened and devided. Just take your medicine and cling to your pathetic pointless lives for as long as you can. love those who are close to you while you still have permission to do so.

Oh happy day. lol

Is this what you realy want http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=th...emb=0&aq=f#

Edited by charliemouse

HOLA4419

If you don't like the banks giving their employees huge payouts, the do something about it.

- Take some cash out, and use cash for transactions. Don't use debit or credit cards if you can. They charge the shops a %, and of course that is reclaimed in higher prices.

- Don't use so much of the banks services where possible, such as personal loans where they can charge you fees and interest. Try saving up for the bigger items! Doh, it is really that simple!

- Choose a better bank to bank with for the absolute necessary services. Co-op?

- Put your money in gold, the other form of money that banks hate. Barter maybe also an option.

I'm sure there are other ideas.

HOLA4420
If you don't like the banks giving their employees huge payouts, the do something about it.

- Take some cash out, and use cash for transactions. Don't use debit or credit cards if you can. They charge the shops a %, and of course that is reclaimed in higher prices.

- Don't use so much of the banks services where possible, such as personal loans where they can charge you fees and interest. Try saving up for the bigger items! Doh, it is really that simple!

- Choose a better bank to bank with for the absolute necessary services. Co-op?

- Put your money in gold, the other form of money that banks hate. Barter maybe also an option.

I'm sure there are other ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Exchange_Trading_Systems

HOLA4421

To add, anytime you are enraged at how your taxes are being wasted by the government - take your money out of the system, and put it outside of the system.

- when you hear about high rents paid by the council to private landlords, this I saw on another thread on the front page.

---

Less money in, less going out. Everything can be visualised as a system. Would you continue to feed a system that is already fat, and needs to diet?

Some of you moan about footballers getting paid too much - the answer is to support smaller teams who do not have exuberant wage packets!

Those who do not like paying for the TV licence, can do a number of things to mitigate/hedge costs, I have already outlined this previously.

HOLA4422

Of course you have been conned, did you ever think it would be otherwise ?