House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zebbedee

Is The Next Wave About To Start

I have a feeling the next wave is about to start in the credit crunch (sic),- August last year my abbey bank account decided instead of taking £250 to pay my MBNA credit card they would take the payment 3 times. It took me 3 months to get the money back out of them. At the time I thought they were just c0cks and f@cked off both accounts infavour of HSBC/Amex.

Then yesterday I discovered Amex had did the exact same thing, last week I went online to have them take a payment for the outstanding balance (a setting on thier site), the site reported an error and to try again later. So I did on monday (when the outstanding balance was unchanged) and the same thing, so again on tuesday when it said the payment had went through. Checked the bank balance yesterday and they had taken £453 on the 3rd (twice) and again on the 4th. Now having complained I'm told the money will be back in my account on wednesday but no offer of compensation (that'll get a complaint to the ombudsman).

What I find odd is if the payments had went through as they claim is why didn't it change the outstanding balance (did they hope for more attempts at payment to shore up a balance sheet) and if they both went through on monday and not at all on friday if I had assumed the payment had actually been made on the friday and not attempted to pay it again would they not have taken it to ensure an interest payment out of me which they never get. And when the first payment had went through why did the second payment (outstanding balance) not make an attempt to withdraw £0 as that would have been the outstanding balance?

Also they have just (last week) upped the interest charges (which never affect me), just as abbey/MBNA did last year before they stole money.

Any thoughts from the site?

Edit: spelling

Edited by zebbedee

I can't comment on your personal info but my gut feeling - it is a good idea to get back in touch with your gut, sixth sense, whatever - is that between now and early Dec something nasty will happen in the global financial markets.

I can't comment on your personal info but my gut feeling - it is a good idea to get back in touch with your gut, sixth sense, whatever - is that between now and early Dec something nasty will happen in the global financial markets.

+1

Effects/fallout of the last 12 months turmoil is going to finally break the dam. We've not seen the prolonged true impact yet.

or something nice, depending on how you're positioned!