House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DisposableHeroes

Use It, Or Lose It.

Guest DisposableHeroes

Lots of rain lately and I have to be honest I've been a big of a lazy git and let my moobs develop. So I got my off my fat a%se and had ride on my MTB...

After about half way round my legs started to burn and feel painful. That lasted until I go home. I hauled my wobbly body up the stairs and stumbled into the shower. As soon as I had finished I went to bed for two hours. I've done twice the distance and felt fine.

WTF. Three weeks, THREE FLIPPING WEEKS...

Lots of rain lately and I have to be honest I've been a big of a lazy git and let my moobs develop. So I got my off my fat a%se and had ride on my MTB...

After about half way round my legs started to burn and feel painful. That lasted until I go home. I hauled my wobbly body up the stairs and stumbled into the shower. As soon as I had finished I went to bed for two hours. I've done twice the distance and felt fine.

WTF. Three weeks, THREE FLIPPING WEEKS...

Two Weeks

Guest DisposableHeroes
Two Weeks

:lol:

Wasn't sure whether to work my moobs off really. I'd become quite attached to them.

Guest theboltonfury

Wasn't sure whether to work my moobs off really. I'd become quite attached to them.

It will be worse next time as the muscles react to what you put them through.

Mucgh easier third time though.

Guest DisposableHeroes
It will be worse next time as the muscles react to what you put them through.

Mucgh easier third time though.

Your right about adjusting to the exercise.

I normally regularly ride an mtb or road bike (2-3 times a week). I really wasn't expecting to suffer that badly. It's incredible how the body reacts and adjusts.

Guest theboltonfury
Your right about adjusting to the exercise.

I normally regularly ride an mtb or road bike (2-3 times a week). I really wasn't expecting to suffer that badly. It's incredible how the body reacts and adjusts.

Normally, the first time you can get through on adrenalin and the second time the body says '****** that, I know what you are trying to do here mate'

Get out tomorrow and push through the grief. Downhill after that - excuse the pun.

Something to do with lactic acid I think.

Guest DisposableHeroes
Lactic acid. It's a killer.

I think that's what it was. It took about 15 minutes to get out of the system, it's been a while since I have experienced that.

I certainly have admiration for the guys who do the tour.

Best sticking to smething easy like one 30 min session of slow burn at home a week. Nice and esay jus tsome dumbbells and thats all you need to do forget all this jogging, cycling, treadmill stuff.

depends if you want to burn fat you need to combine cardio with weight training

Guest DisposableHeroes
Normally, the first time you can get through on adrenalin and the second time the body says '****** that, I know what you are trying to do here mate'

Get out tomorrow and push through the grief. Downhill after that - excuse the pun.

Something to do with lactic acid I think.

Cheers,

Starting about four months ago I was riding 100 miles in a day once a week on my MTB. That's why I was so surprised.

Weathers supposed to be good, so I will see how I get on tomorrow.

Guest theboltonfury
Cheers,

Starting about four months ago I was riding 100 miles in a day once a week on my MTB. That's why I was so surprised.

I hear you.

I used to be a fairly decent cricketer. Went to nets this week, it appears I've turned to utter shit. The arm does not want to pass anywhere near the right ear anymore.

100 miles - good effort.

Cheers,

Have you suffered from piles yet?

Great on chips though.

Only when they're fried in vats of the sucked-out lipo fat of minor celebrities.

Finger-licking good.

Guest theboltonfury
Only when they're fried in vats of the sucked-out lipo fat of minor celebrities.

Finger-licking good.

I live within 3 miles of Kerry Katona. I can still see traces of recently evacuated blubber on the A556.

Guest DisposableHeroes

Not piles, but bloody hell I've had to ride back home side saddle a few times.

Actually when I think about it. I might just sit on my a%se tomorrow and a book.

Finger-licking good.

I thought at first that that was a response to the previous post:

I'm not feeling too good now.

Not piles, but bloody hell I've had to ride back home side saddle a few times.

Actually when I think about it. I might just sit on my a%se tomorrow and a book.

Now are you sure that's all cycling related DH?

I thought ad first that that was a response to the previous post:

I'm not feeling too good now.

You're one to talk with that avatar Scunnered!

Guest DisposableHeroes
I hear you.

I used to be a fairly decent cricketer. Went to nets this week, it appears I've turned to utter shit. The arm does not want to pass anywhere near the right ear anymore.

100 miles - good effort.

It's strange isn't it. I read or heard somewhere that if time is an issue now and again you can keep your level of fitness you've built up by shorter work out's (the main thing is to keep doing it).

I guess it's akin to a golfer turning to the golf course and the first strike of the ball is off the Tee. How can the person expect to have a good round.

Guest DisposableHeroes
I am from the school of thought that sees no reason whatsoever to do cardio in fact I think that cardio is a complete waste of time. If it is fat loss you are looking for then weight training is very effective.

I was joking a bit about being wobbly. I've started press-ups again to build up upper body strength.

To be honest I enjoy cycling. I like looking around at the countryside and wildlife. One thing about pushing your cardio (I expect your cardio is pretty good from weights) is the lowering of the heart rate and sense of feeling it easier to breath.

I've never been to a gym and lifted weights. I should give it a go really. I might enjoy it.

Guest DisposableHeroes
Now are you sure that's all cycling related DH?

As tight as a mouses ear.

Sod that, have it sucked out and stored at biological storage facility (or a Harry Ramsden's fish shop if you are poor). When you get older and start to shrink they can inject it back into you and fill out those hollowed areas with no side effects*

*No side effects as it is your own fat coming back home**

**Those of you electing to have it stored at Harry's may notice a slight smell of fish and chips, this smell may pass in time.