House Price Crash Forum

Greek Woman 'torched Briton's Genitals'

newbonic

HOLA441

Woman 'torched Briton's genitals'

A Greek woman accused of setting fire to the genitals of a British tourist in Crete is due to appear in court.

The woman admitted assault after dousing the man's private parts in alcohol and igniting them, but says she did so after being sexually harassed.

Police on the Greek island say the tourist was drunk and had waved his genitals at several girls before allegedly groping the suspect.

The man suffered second degree burns and is recovering in a private clinic.

Punishment fitting the crime methinks!

HOLA442

A Greek woman accused of setting fire to the genitals of a British tourist in Crete is due to appear in court.

The woman admitted assault after dousing the man's private parts in alcohol and igniting them, but says she did so after being sexually harassed.

Police on the Greek island say the tourist was drunk and had waved his genitals at several girls before allegedly groping the suspect.

I think woman are just not taking it anymore good for them.

HOLA443
HOLA444
I agree but will it still be ok if some slapper gets burnt boobs after flashing them one time too often - I suspect not!

No, because we men would probably be egging her on.

HOLA445
HOLA446
I agree but will it still be ok if some slapper gets burnt boobs after flashing them one time too often - I suspect not!

Depends on the context and circumstances I suppose, but IMO it could be funny/pathetic/erotic/tedious. Whereas a pi$$ed bloke pushing his wedding tackle in someone's face (he was standing, she sitting I'm guessing) is just threatening and aggressive.

I hope she gets a token sentence at most,in any case.

HOLA447
Depends on the context and circumstances I suppose, but IMO it could be funny/pathetic/erotic/tedious. Whereas a pi$$ed bloke pushing his wedding tackle in someone's face (he was standing, she sitting I'm guessing) is just threatening and aggressive.

I hope she gets a token sentence at most,in any case.

It may sound funny but I suspect locals in sun soaked clubbing spots may well get fed up with that sort of behaviour!

I agree on the sentence, this sort of behaviour is not acceptable, in public, for anyone.

HOLA448

Eh... another Sharia fan?

It's an unappetising fact, but burns on penisses often end up leaving the man either seriously dysfunctional or, more often than not, minus *****.

Apart from that there is a dispute whether he was harassing her or not, I don't quite think that ***** disfigurement or amputation are an apt punishment for what is at most an annoying prank.

Besides that, he was lucky to have worn something that did not go up in flames too fast -- basically what she did was attempted murder, there is no 'self-defense' claim for setting someone one fire in this way.

HOLA449
Eh... another Sharia fan?

It's an unappetising fact, but burns on penisses often end up leaving the man either seriously dysfunctional or, more often than not, minus *****.

Apart from that there is a dispute whether he was harassing her or not, I don't quite think that ***** disfigurement or amputation are an apt punishment for what is at most an annoying prank.

Besides that, he was lucky to have worn something that did not go up in flames too fast -- basically what she did was attempted murder, there is no 'self-defense' claim for setting someone one fire in this way.

Sharia!? Not really: I don't see why religious fundementalists should misappropriate the concept of natural justice (the punishment fitting the crime and such like). I don't see the world through a supernatural prism.

As for burns on penises; if you want to keep the risk of that happening from low to zero, then I'd suggest not whipping it, out, exposed and vulnerable to damage, in clubs and other public places. Seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

I doubt that Ms Fanoudaki was setting out for a night on the town with the intention of burning someone's genitals in a local Greek club - do you know any different? Although, as the story goes viral the latest news seems to suggest that the booze was chucked on his chest area.

But the case has gone international, e.g. The Mirror:

George Papadakis, the news director of Kriti TV, Crete’s largest television station, told the Telegraph the incident was “unfortunate because it highlights the risks of excessive drinking getting out of hand.

“We have received many calls from the public which on the one hand demonstrate that the great majority of British tourists are well behaved and most welcome.

“But on the other hand there is obvious hostility towards its troublemakers, and support for the Cretan girl because they feel that she reacted in defence of her honour.â€

And:

Greek woman 'set Briton on fire in bar' (Times)

A Greek woman will appear in court on the island of Crete today accused of assault after setting fire to a British tourist who allegedly pulled his trousers down in front of her.

Stuart Feltham, 20, from Swindon, Wiltshire, suffered second-degree burns after Marina Fanouraki allegedly poured a highly flammable liquid - said to be the aniseed liqueur Sambuca - before setting fire to him with a lighter.

The incident happened on Wednesday night in a hotel bar in the resort of Malia and Ms Fanouraki alleged that Mr Feltham, a plumber, had exposed himself and tried to fondle her.

She will appear before a judge in the city of Heraklion today to see whether she will face charges or whether the court will accept her argument that she was acting in self-defence, but has already been treated as a heroine by locals.

I'm sure Mr Feltham is a nice bloke, when he's not hammered and on holiday. Marina's looking like a very feisty girl to.

Are there any Greek or southern European posters on here who can give the Greek (or mainland European) take on this story? Ms Fanouraki seems to be being cast as the local heroine who had finally had enough of the behaviour of drunk brit tourists.

HOLA4410
Sharia!? Not really: I don't see why religious fundementalists should misappropriate the concept of natural justice (the punishment fitting the crime and such like). I don't see the world through a supernatural prism.

Aha, so if I meet you in the pub and you talk this kind of shite, I'd be OK to nail your tongue to the table?

I think this could be the start of a fine new tradition!

As for burns on penises; if you want to keep the risk of that happening from low to zero, then I'd suggest not whipping it, out, exposed and vulnerable to damage, in clubs and other public places. Seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

Tell me, would it be ok to slice a girls' nipples off because she is flaunting them too much? What about girls that do sexting and show their pussy -- should we reach for the razorblade there too?

I doubt that Ms Fanoudaki was setting out for a night on the town with the intention of burning someone's genitals in a local Greek club - do you know any different? Although, as the story goes viral the latest news seems to suggest that the booze was chucked on his chest area.

That makes setting the guy on fire ok then? How about putting a eye out instead, it's not as harsh a punishment as castration over the long term? Hmm, maybe we could sort out the organ shortage if we removed spares from people who harass others sexually, now there is an idea.

But the case has gone international, e.g. The Mirror:

George Papadakis, the news director of Kriti TV, Crete’s largest television station, told the Telegraph the incident was “unfortunate because it highlights the risks of excessive drinking getting out of hand.

“We have received many calls from the public which on the one hand demonstrate that the great majority of British tourists are well behaved and most welcome.

“But on the other hand there is obvious hostility towards its troublemakers, and support for the Cretan girl because they feel that she reacted in defence of her honour.â€

Look, minor sexual harassment is not an excuse to set someone on fire - the guy may have been an idiot (or not) but the 'punishment' of castration and the attempted burning of the white male witch is out of all proportion. Besides, starting a fight with drunks is always a bad idea because it often ends pointlessly painful for random folks. The best way of dealing with situation like that is to walk off, before they escalate -- but staying to 'defend your honour' is classic applied stupidity.

And if the Greeks take to the habit of castrating their tourists for (alledged) misbehaviour I don't quite see a great future for them in tourism either.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest AuntJess

Uh-huh. A tad extreme, perhaps. I guess we can only be glad that this incident did not take place on these shores, else it would have been 'run' in the tabloids as a racist attack. :rolleyes:

HOLA4413
Guest AuntJess
I said in another thread that the British abroad are utter scum.

I was going to add this story to that thread but I couldnt be @rsed

Brits aren't the only ones to have 'scum' amongst their number, surely? Or is that a singularly English attribute, in your eyes?

We have only to look into our own prisons to see where the scum from other nations end up....kept there at OUR expense.

HOLA4414
Guest X-QUORK
I said in another thread that the British abroad are utter scum.

Some British, quite a lot behave perfectly well thank you very much.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Are there any Greek or southern European posters on here who can give the Greek (or mainland European) take on this story? Ms Fanouraki seems to be being cast as the local heroine who had finally had enough of the behaviour of drunk brit tourists.

If I may apply a few social stereotypes, Cretans think British men are all gay and British women are all whores

As to this incident, I am in Crete next week, I shall ask my 'family' and associates

HOLA4417
Guest anorthosite
If I may apply a few social stereotypes, Cretans think British men are all gay and British women are all whores

Are they that far from the truth?

HOLA4418
Guest skullingtonjoe
Are they that far from the truth?

Roasted dick - ow. Reckon he`ll want chilli sauce with that? :rolleyes:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Some British, quite a lot behave perfectly well thank you very much.

Yeah some.

However I'll wage a grand that if we can find a "holiday destination pub/club owners forum" and ask who are the worst bahaved visitors Britain will top the list.....................at EVERY destination.

lol I googled -Worst behaved holiday makers

And it came up this -

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=na...+holiday+makers

HOLA4422

"Are there any Greek or southern European posters on here who can give the Greek (or mainland European) take on this story? Ms Fanouraki seems to be being cast as the local heroine who had finally had enough of the behaviour of drunk brit tourists."

The Cretans are old school, non PC and don't take any cr*p. She is the heroine for them even though the consequences have turned out so dire for the young lad. Their robust approach to external problems is why my current 'home' is Crete.

When they say no it means no.

HOLA4423
Guest AuntJess
Yeah some.

However I'll wage a grand that if we can find a "holiday destination pub/club owners forum" and ask who are the worst bahaved visitors Britain will top the list.....................at EVERY destination.

And it came up this -

Seems fair to me. As we seem to import a number of undesirables, we need to export a few of our own. Sadly they don't stay away, 'cos no one wants them.

Only WE import other countries' rejects.

HOLA4424
Guest anorthosite
Brits aren't the only ones to have 'scum' amongst their number, surely? Or is that a singularly English attribute, in your eyes?

Did you jump between British & English on purpose there?

HOLA4425
Yeah some.

And it came up this -

There is a chav element which gives us a bad name abroad. But if you want to see bad behaviour across the board, go to a holiday destination which is popular with Russians.

Archived