House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pete.hpc

Un-ashamed Right-wing Rant: Highways Agency

Sweet mother of....

I've long been suspicious of NuLab's Orwellian like mobilisation of normal civilians/failed coppers in the form of PCSOs and The Highways Agency jeeps (that look, ooh, a LOT like police vehicles)

I've also, whilst not being able to put my finger directly on it, suspected that, in addition to being just another massive drain on taxpayer cash, paid to sit in petrol station car parks eating donuts, but that they actually drive around looking to justify their existence by looking for ways to bully people, revelling in the instinctive fear they instill through their police-like liveries.

Well today whilst driving the M40 and M25 I've twice seen these overweight failures swerving around in front of all three lanes to keep the proles in check despite there being ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO DO SO.

Clarkson hinted at it once or twice, they've got to somehow justify the jobs they've unbelievably been given by shutting entire motorways down in extravagant displays of self-importance.

Well today I saw it in action. Out into the middle lane, swerving around, lights flashing, 5 minutes later, still nothing, we pass a truck parked on the hard shoulder, and sure enough, lights off, back to the inside lane.

Twice I saw this, the second time I couldn't even see a reason for them doing this. Supposedly, when there's a minor shunt, these complete twats shut down the whole carriageway unnecessarily.

More NuLab uniformed Nazis, failed police officers, looking to bully and cajole people in an ever-expanding and hideously bloated public sector.

****** you Labour.

Uniformed whores, They who wish to hurt you, Work within the law

I over took a proper copper doing this the other day, and on the inside lane his face was a f*ckin picture.

I was coming off at the next junction which was about a 3rd of a mile so it didnt matter.

I only did it to have him at it

'n it worked :)

Ha, i saw two of them racing each other yesterday, cutting up each other and any other motorists with the cheek to use the motorway.

Although ive seen worse behaviour from police drivers, so its nothing about HA vehicles in particular imo.

Twice I saw this, the second time I couldn't even see a reason for them doing this. Supposedly, when there's a minor shunt, these complete twats shut down the whole carriageway unnecessarily.

****** you Labour.

There definitely seems to be a fondness for shutting motorways and roads over the most trivial shunts/incidents. Then, because they get out even less since the smoking ban, the fire brigade will come along and unecessarily cut the roof off what would have been a repairable car.

There definitely seems to be a fondness for shutting motorways and roads over the most trivial shunts/incidents. Then, because they get out even less since the smoking ban, the fire brigade will come along and unecessarily cut the roof off what would have been a repairable car.

I had a great race with an Essex police advanced trainer driving Mondeo ST for nearly 30 miles.When I got the inside line on them at a roundabout all four,instructor included,were laughing like drains.

There was probably a good reason for what these people were doing and it's just that you weren't observant enough to see what it was or smart enough to work out what it was. :lol:

Or that the reason was gone by the time you got there, like for example that the lorry was somewhere else a bit more dangerous before you got to pass it.

I know that they are too quick to close carriageways these days. But on the other hand I know that in the past the balance was too far the other way and there were too many deaths of people involved in accidents or breakdowns, or involved in carriageway work like cutting grass.

I had a great race with an Essex police advanced trainer driving Mondeo ST for nearly 30 miles.When I got the inside line on them at a roundabout all four,instructor included,were laughing like drains.

Are you old bill, or was a race where 70mph is the most you can go?

If it's a 70mph max race, i bet it was funny (but boring and required self-control)

There was probably a good reason for what these people were doing and it's just that you weren't observant enough to see what it was or smart enough to work out what it was. :lol:

No.

Government agents of all descriptions seem to annoy me more daily with their general interfearence. They have liked to shut motorways for the fun of it for quite a while though. I remember a few years back when it took 7 hours to get from London to Leeds because they'd shut the M1 and we got taken on an ill thought our diversion. By the time we got back on to the motorway a few miles up, they'd opened it again. The trains are just as bad though, they dont seem to realise how to do things that would help things run a lot more smoothly. I think its mainly because the dont really care and are mostly a bit dim rather as much as trying to justify thei own existance

A police carwas parked on the hard shoulder of the M4 with it's blue lights flashing, for seemingly no reason, and I gave it the "thumbs down" as a general sign of disrespect for what it represented (namely, Labour)

The driver then immediately pulled out behind and proceeded to follow me (right up my ****) for about 10 miles up the A470, before then overtaking me. Driver didn't look happy. WTF was that all about?

I actually quit a job partly due to the HA's incompetance, driving from Cardiff to Newport up the M4 was an ordeal, especially as once there's a knock they'll close the entire M4, both ways, for hours.

There was an accident at ~J24 or so once, and they closed it at J29 onwards.

This would happen probably twice a month, and I think it was the Mayor of Newport who said that them doing this cost the City of Newport close to £1m at a time. There's just no reason for closing such a huge stretch of motorway for that, and you can check the traffic cameras and see junction after junction of empty road. WTF?

Now I work 20 minutes away from my house, driving up a B road the HA leave a potholed mess while they stop traffic on the M4 to remove a crisp packet from the carriageway. I won't apply for any job more than 30 minutes away after that.

Are you old bill, or was a race where 70mph is the most you can go?

If it's a 70mph max race, i bet it was funny (but boring and required self-control)

It was on the A47/A17 between Swaffham and Long Sutton. (Dont ask me why Essex police were in Norfolk) but they were doing 90+ at times.When training they are not on duty.Eventually they stopped at a cafe.

Yes our police are worse than hittlers SS and we should all demand the golden pensions are called back in for these modern day thugs.

Our police are the most corrupt ba$tards going and would sell their own gran mothers to get up the a$$ kissing tree called the establishment.

All the decent coppers have been forced out and we are left with scum.

Don't get me wrong, there are many decent coppers out there (have met a few myself), but for every decent one you meet one where you think "You are probably one of the least suitable people to be in a position of power"