House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RajD

I P1ss On Your Green Shoots

All of us with an ounce of common sense have known all along that 'Recovereh' is a mere figment of the imagination of the deluded collective. Looking at manufacturing, services, balance of trade, employment and GDP figures, here's a neat article that concisely dispels the existence of this mythical creature.

http://cynicuseconomicus.blogspot.com/2009...very-in-uk.html

All of us with an ounce of common sense have known all along that 'Recovereh' is a mere figment of the imagination of the deluded collective. Looking at manufacturing, services, balance of trade, employment and GDP figures, here's a neat article that concisely dispels the existence of this mythical creature.

http://cynicuseconomicus.blogspot.com/2009...very-in-uk.html

I think you're right. But the sentiment is proving surprisingly effective at stopping HPC. I was hoping latest this time next year to be seriously thinking of buying a bigger house (being able to AFFORD one...) but that is looking optimistic :(

Check out the Baltic Dry Index thread also...............

Edited by MOP

guys, the biggest crashes take the most amount of time.

This will be a bad depression. No-one will touch property for 2 decades when this is finished, from a BTL pov anyway.

just wait until you see just how bad the US jobs stats get, don't worry about today's figures, they will be revised for the worse.

Mark my Words. :ph34r:

I think you're right. But the sentiment is proving surprisingly effective at stopping HPC. I was hoping latest this time next year to be seriously thinking of buying a bigger house (being able to AFFORD one...) but that is looking optimistic :(

Sentiment alone may drive the market up briefly - as it has done - but as the article clearly proves, there is nothing of substance - no sound fundamentals behind the green shoots thinking, and so the sentiment will turn. Soon.

Sentiment alone may drive the market up briefly - as it has done - but as the article clearly proves, there is nothing of substance - no sound fundamentals behind the green shoots thinking, and so the sentiment will turn. Soon.

When RICS are saying prices may fall next year again, then we really have to rub our hands together and expect some serious drops later this year.

Check out the Baltic Dry Index thread also...............

Thanks for that. Global trade and domestic wealth imbalances mean that a recovery is years away.

When RICS are saying prices may fall next year again, then we really have to rub our hands together and expect some serious drops later this year.

The same people that didn't see the downturn coming are now prematurely signalling its end. I think your average man on the street has stopped believing the green shoots hype. The crash will resume shortly.

Green shoots....no way, the root system has poor soil and can't be sustained.

All the people I talk to know how dire the economy is, they are not stupid, some are living it, some are riding the storm no one has said or can see the light at the end of the tunnel yet (except Sibley who is living in a state of denial) ...the dormant seed is there but lacking the water, sun and soil to germinate it...batten up the hatches, keep you head up, cut your costs, live within your means and all should be well...life will never be the same as it was when we went into it, by the time we get out of it we would have learnt from it and gained from it.

No gain without some pain you can't put off the inevitable forever. ;)

think your average man on the street has stopped believing the green shoots hype. The crash will resume shortly.

I don't know, the 'average' person probably only ever listens to the mainstream media. At a guess I'd say 50% of those average people are cynical about the green shoots, but more than half of those believe that house prices will stay the same go up regardless, at least in their area because it's a special case.

Guest skullingtonjoe
I don't know, the 'average' person probably only ever listens to the mainstream media. At a guess I'd say 50% of those average people are cynical about the green shoots, but more than half of those believe that house prices will stay the same go up regardless, at least in their area because it's a special case.

The BBC and Sky have been flogging this recovery thing until it`s nothing more than mincemeat. It was weird: one week we were in the depths of the greatest depression in living memory; the next a `recovery` had been spotted.

What a load of BS! :angry: :(

The BBC and Sky have been flogging this recovery thing until it`s nothing more than mincemeat. It was weird: one week we were in the depths of the greatest depression in living memory; the next a `recovery` had been spotted.

What a load of BS! :angry: :(

What a load of the BBC and any other compliant media having their strings pulled.