House Price Crash Forum

Buying Gold+silver Within Isa

HOLA441
HOLA442
Hi I ve cashed in my shares after this rally and am looking to shove the lot into gold+silver.

Whats the best way to go about it in a stocks+shares ISA.

I want something that should mirror the real moves in the price.

thanks

gold and silver etf funds can be held in your stocks and shares ISA as named by your mate Brown, but be careful you don't lose your shirt.

HOLA443
Hi I ve cashed in my shares after this rally and am looking to shove the lot into gold+silver.

thanks

Answer: I have physical gold in www.bullionvault.co.uk, and physical silver in www.goldmoney.com . However, I also have ETF's in gold ( PHGP) and silver ( PHSP) . These mirror the bullion prices almost exactly. I personally prefer to hold my ETF's in gold and silver denominated in GBP, rather than USD. However, be warned. ETF's are probably OK, but most people would prefer to hold physical bullion rather than "paper gold", whuch must have a risk of third party default ( counter party risk) however small. I would welcome other people's opinion on this. Best wishes.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Why exactly?

Vast majority following the 'Gold will reach $2000' merchants who wrote their stories to be printed in several media publications?

The psych is divert people out of stocks and into those which will perform least over the next 5 years, gold being one of them.

Many of these saying the market has gotten ahead of itself. So the markets had gotten ahead of themselves during 2007 when the slump began and the market was shown to be correct, and during 2007 many were saying 'buy buy buy' as like the housing boom and look what changed. Gold went up purely as a defensive play. Now the stock market is suddenly ahead of itself and those same people from the 'buy buy buy' brigade are now advocating 'sell sell sell' and buy into Gold.

So far, personally, Stocks have made huge returns for me since I got out of gold and silver several months ago. Had one stuck with gold and silver, I would have missed out on the gains made with stocks.

Listen to what the market it saying, not what all the analysts, economists, journalists etc are saying. Chartists need shooting also, charts can show anything someone wants to see in them, but they never tell the truth.

Some have, though I do not know if to believe, are stupid enough to sell stocks to buy into silver and or gold. Very bad move. Many just look at the 'ftse' index figures without the slightest idea of what is under the carpet. Many or possibly the vast majority follow what the 'tipsters' say and get pretty much nothing in return, but know nothing else of what is out there that the 'tipsters' do not show.

For example, CSR, they have not been tipped, ramped, promoted or anything like the rubbish of vodafone, BAT, GSK etc... and yet have provided huge gains, way way way above any defensive has provided yet I wonder why there is little volume in powerful stock that gains so much in price - because 'they' don't want you to know about it, that is why.

Stockmarkets will race ahead of gold over the next few years.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Time will tell... but you will be wrong on this...big time!

Last Week's Insiders Transactions: 5 Buys For $13.4 Million, 145 Sells For Over $1 Billion

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/las-weeks...sells-1-billion

I'm sure you think the dollar is sound as well!

:lol:

Heard all that before, and stocked up, and markets moved up! as a by the way, that is the US, not UK.

Edited by shug

HOLA4411

thanks

As i have posted a number of times- you can put phag into an isa - i have.It mirrors real silver price although is in USD.Dyor.

HOLA4412
Heard all that before, and stocked up, and markets moved up! as a by the way, that is the US, not UK.

Oh I forgot the U.K is 'well positioned' to ride out this 'recession' and it's Americas fault..."It started in America".

My mistake!

:rolleyes:

HOLA4413
Oh I forgot the U.K is 'well positioned' to ride out this 'recession' and it's Americas fault..."It started in America".

My mistake!

:rolleyes:

Don't know what neck of the woods you crawled out from, but you strike me as being a real clueless c.u.n.t

Edited by shug

HOLA4414
Don't know what neck of the woods you crawled out from, but you strike me as being a real clueless c.u.n.t

Shug- i cannot understand how so many people can say things are on the up when:

1.unemployment increasing

2.personal debt levels skyhigh

3.uk govt poised for mammoth public sector culling the like we will not have seen b4

4.quant easing effects unknown as yet

Do you really think its all good from here.This has not even half started yet.The second wave is just about to begin.You are and many like you are living in suspended reality because you chose to ignore the obvious.You wont be for much longer.

No offence intended.

HOLA4415

Don't know what neck of the woods you crawled out from, but ....

I'm not even going to go there, talk about spitting out your dummy!

If you think Gold/Silver are crap...what the hell are you doing here.

Go back and play with you little banker buddys...your not invited here.

Thank you redprince...you GET IT!

HOLA4416

Don't know what neck of the woods you crawled out from, but ....

I'm not even going to go there, talk about spitting out your dummy!

If you think Gold/Silver are crap...what the hell are you doing here.

Go back and play with you little banker buddys...your not invited here.

Thank you redprince...you GET IT!

SnapCrackleNPop- i get it and i have done something about it- namely isa`d a substantial horde of phag.Some protection is better than no protection!

The level of denial out there is staggering.People see what they want to see- i have learned to look at things as objectively as possible and not kid myself that something is okay when deep down you know its not.Then you can start to do something about it.

Oh well-you can only help those that want to be helped!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Vast majority following the 'Gold will reach $2000' merchants who wrote their stories to be printed in several media publications?

The psych is divert people out of stocks and into those which will perform least over the next 5 years, gold being one of them.

Many of these saying the market has gotten ahead of itself. So the markets had gotten ahead of themselves during 2007 when the slump began and the market was shown to be correct, and during 2007 many were saying 'buy buy buy' as like the housing boom and look what changed. Gold went up purely as a defensive play. Now the stock market is suddenly ahead of itself and those same people from the 'buy buy buy' brigade are now advocating 'sell sell sell' and buy into Gold.

So far, personally, Stocks have made huge returns for me since I got out of gold and silver several months ago. Had one stuck with gold and silver, I would have missed out on the gains made with stocks.

Listen to what the market it saying, not what all the analysts, economists, journalists etc are saying. Chartists need shooting also, charts can show anything someone wants to see in them, but they never tell the truth.

Some have, though I do not know if to believe, are stupid enough to sell stocks to buy into silver and or gold. Very bad move. Many just look at the 'ftse' index figures without the slightest idea of what is under the carpet. Many or possibly the vast majority follow what the 'tipsters' say and get pretty much nothing in return, but know nothing else of what is out there that the 'tipsters' do not show.

For example, CSR, they have not been tipped, ramped, promoted or anything like the rubbish of vodafone, BAT, GSK etc... and yet have provided huge gains, way way way above any defensive has provided yet I wonder why there is little volume in powerful stock that gains so much in price - because 'they' don't want you to know about it, that is why.

Stockmarkets will race ahead of gold over the next few years.

The original question posed on this thread was INVESTMENT, not trading. You appear to have missed out on your homework. Study the 5 year figures of the report below, and tell us all, honestly, where you would prefer to INVEST your money over a five your period. I am discounting the current bear market rally, which also occurred in the 1930's, and caused many people who had not already gone broke on 1929 to go broke anyway.

http://blog.goldassets.co.uk/2008/12/24/go...tlook-for-2009/

HOLA4420

i think the point being made by several posters - was on using the ISA as an investment vehicle.

since silver & gold are not interest bearing there is no point putting them in an ISA.

the best things to put in would be high yeild (dividend) stocks. thinking BT... or to keep things on topic - how about de la rue (5% or so) :)

HOLA4421
i think the point being made by several posters - was on using the ISA as an investment vehicle.

since silver & gold are not interest bearing there is no point putting them in an ISA.

the best things to put in would be high yeild (dividend) stocks. thinking BT... or to keep things on topic - how about de la rue (5% or so) :)

Disagree with your point re not putting them in an isa.I have put phag into my isa as you can with any commodity-they are all eligible.If (as i believe) silver spot price increases then my gains are 100% tax free.I dont think too many people are aware of this.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Disagree with your point re not putting them in an isa.I have put phag into my isa as you can with any commodity-they are all eligible.If (as i believe) silver spot price increases then my gains are 100% tax free.I dont think too many people are aware of this.

they are 100% tax free if not in the ISA (upto 10grand or something)

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
they are 100% tax free if not in the ISA (upto 10grand or something)

Cgt personal allowance is £9600pa.I am not aware of any other tax free opportunity re commodity stocks save for the isa.My point is that if you had say three years worth of isa allowance worth of a commodity stock(s) say roughly £25k and that went up by a multiple - then its ALL tax free!!!

If you sell the stocks held in the isa you can reinvest it all straight away!!