House Price Crash Forum

Quantative Easing

HOLA441

I keep hearing that we won't ever be able to establish that QE has worked or not - in part or in whole.

That which is unprovable - because we can't establish any set of observations which would validate it one way or another - seems to belong in the realm of the witchdoctor or metaphysician.

How do the economists on here view the theoretical status of the QE strategy? or have I mis-stated it?

HOLA442
HOLA443
Yes - if the banks are still there in 5 years, if bw ankers still get huge bonuses every year and the rich are still rich then it would have worked.

If politicians end up in lucrative part-time jobs on the boards of banks it will have worked very well.

:rolleyes:

The article on the news tonight, which I barely paid any attention to seemed to suggest...

"Oh My, where's the QE money gone, we are not sure its working"

.............I thought, (blown the fecker on the Stock market and other things I dont understand)

Are they realy complete Dicks or are they just playing a sweet violin to its exact tune?