House Price Crash Forum

The Vampire Squid Sticks Its Blood Funnel In The Air

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
U.S. stocks have entered a new bull market, and the S&P 500 index could rise as much as 10 percent from current levels by the end of this year,

:lol:

Translation: Who will take all these dog turn financial stocks off our hands we loaded up on at 666? Take one step forward - Yes you, ignorant retail punter - Fill your boots!!!

It appears job losses are slowing, and there is some job creation going on," she said. But "we have many more months of difficult labor situation ahead, even if the recession, using GDP or industrial production, is almost over."

You can see why these fellas are worth $700,000 bonuses can't you. La creme de la creme every one.

Edited by For no one

HOLA444
Please can we start calling GS "Leviathan"?

Safe bet anything GS takes to the press they already have a position on.

GS do great forecasts right now oil should be $200 a barrel and going by their profits/bonuses I wouldn't be surprised if they shorted the fook out the market at $147 peak.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Time to get the fu*k out methinks.

I reckon all small investors should pull out of the stock market, and just let all the bank computers do the trading automatically.

Then just have fruit machines installed in all the dealing room floors. Turn the City and Canary Wharf into Las Vegas.

HOLA447
HOLA448

AF may I make a request?

Would you post at least some part of the articles that you post the link to please.

I know it takes a little longer but it would help those of us having a slow connection.

Thxs :)

HOLA449

I think the market is very bullish at the moment but still a bear market rally. The greed at the moment is unbelievable and the rally is still based on absolutely nothing. Once everybody has piled in as usual that is when the market will tank again.

Goldman Sachs latest advice is the last part of feeding the sheeple the information they require to pile in near the top and then gold man sachs will unleash the full wrath of shorting upon the unweary.

Do goldman sachs rule the world?

HOLA4410
I think the market is very bullish at the moment but still a bear market rally. The greed at the moment is unbelievable and the rally is still based on absolutely nothing. Once everybody has piled in as usual that is when the market will tank again.

Goldman Sachs latest advice is the last part of feeding the sheeple the information they require to pile in near the top and then gold man sachs will unleash the full wrath of shorting upon the unweary.

Do goldman sachs rule the world?

Do bears sh*t in the woods? ;)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
AF may I make a request?

Would you post at least some part of the articles that you post the link to please.

I know it takes a little longer but it would help those of us having a slow connection.

Thxs :)

Goldman Sachs' Cohen: New bull market has begun

Thu Aug 6, 2009 1:35pm EDT

By Caroline Valetkevitch, Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stocks have entered a new bull market, and the S&P 500 index could rise as much as 10 percent from current levels by the end of this year, Goldman Sachs strategist Abby Joseph Cohen said on CNBC on Thursday.

Goldman Sachs sees the benchmark Standard & Poor's 500 index in a range of 1,050-1,100 toward year-end, said Cohen, the firm's senior investment strategist and president of its Global Markets Institute. That range, she said, "is where we should be toward the end of this year.

"We do think the new bull market has begun," Cohen said. "It may prove it began in March of this year."

Stocks have recovered sharply since hitting 12-year lows in early March, with the S&P 500 index now up 47 percent since trading as low as 666.79 points in March. In early afternoon trade on Thursday, the S&P was off 0.53 percent at 997.44 points.

Cohen also said she expects the labor market to improve, but in "an erratic way.

"It appears job losses are slowing, and there is some job creation going on," she said. But "we have many more months of difficult labor situation ahead, even if the recession, using GDP or industrial production, is almost over."

The U.S. labor market has remained weak even as other parts of the economy have improved, with the unemployment rate at just under 10 percent. Friday's July employment report from the Labor Department is forecast to show the jobless rate at 9.6 percent, its highest since June 1983, and 320,000 monthly job losses, according to a Reuters survey.

Cohen said sectors tied to economic improvement are likely to be the best stock picks for right now, including energy, technology and financial companies.

"Many of us have lost track of the fact that most of these (financial) stocks do follow economic growth, so when the GDP is doing well, financial services tend to do well," she said.

Goldman Sachs on Wednesday raised its gross domestic product forecast for this year's second half to an annualized rate of 3 percent, from a prior outlook of 1 percent, citing an expected increase in production by companies.

"Many companies trying to be very cautious over last year really squeezed inventories down to levels that are unsustainable," Cohen said on CNBC. "Even without any notable improvement in current demand, companies just need to have more stuff in the back room to get their business done."

HOLA4415