House Price Crash Forum

No Place Like Home?

HOLA441

Quick have a look! ITV1 now - for us jobless types.

It's a new property show about people that have estabilished themselves overseas moving bacck becuase of the "property slump".

It's basically a UK ramping show.

They are living in the Swiss Alps.

Husband wants to stay becuase the standard of living is higher, he earns a better wage, has a good job with a decent future behind it, and can't afford a house on one wage.

She, is bored of staying at home looking after the kids so wants to move back.

Hilarious.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

It's a new property show about people that have estabilished themselves overseas moving bacck becuase of the "property slump".

Husband wants to stay becuase the standard of living is higher, he earns a better wage, has a good job with a decent future behind it, and can't afford a house on one wage.

Hilarious.

The British Media Ramp? You must be mistaken Sir!

I was watching the BBC help a rich City couple escape to the country.

Homes under the Hammer, is on later now as the target audience are not up by 11.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Not sure this is a ramp job.

Leave massive house in Switzerland with mountain views, or move to a new build slave box in the UK, with hollow walls, opposite a trading estate and dual carriageway!

Hard to call! :lol:

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Not sure this is a ramp job.

Leave massive house in Switzerland with mountain views, or move to a new build slave box in the UK, with hollow walls, opposite a trading estate and dual carriageway!

Hard to call! :lol:

It's opposite a McDonalds though!

HOLA449

Hilarious.

Not watching but I feel for the poor bas tard. I am in the reverse situation. I do own a house in the Italian Alps, and I'd move back there in a whizz, but there are no good jobs. Plus, I have a Geordie girlfriend who's scared to move 1 mile out of the toon.

lose-lose.

HOLA4410
Guest skullingtonjoe

Hilarious.

He should try opening a business in Zurich - there are quite a few `English pubs` there for the `homesick`(??!!!) expats. One puzzling thing- there`s an `English pie shop` in Zurich, but it`s never open. My friend reckons it`s a front for some kind of carousel fraud! :rolleyes:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Not watching but I feel for the poor bas tard. I am in the reverse situation. I do own a house in the Italian Alps, and I'd move back there in a whizz, but there are no good jobs. Plus, I have a Geordie girlfriend who's scared to move 1 mile out of the toon.

lose-lose.

Ditch the gf and find one who would go and live in the Alps with you, in fact go to Italy and find an Italian one?!

Sod the good jobs, if you own the place we would not need to earn a fortune and could have a very happy life?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Ditch the gf and find one who would go and live in the Alps with you, in fact go to Italy and find an Italian one?!

Sod the good jobs, if you own the place we would not need to earn a fortune and could have a very happy life?

True actually. If you own your own home outright, you don't need a huge income. Unless you own a moneypit of course!

You could probably earn enough on the Inter Webby thing.

HOLA4416

Hilarious.

Why doesn't she get a job in Switzerland, and employ an illegal immigrant on the cheap to help at home?

That's what most Swiss and expats do.

Ah let me guess - Learn the language you idle ***, your kids will grow up multilingual and better educated, and you're forcing them back to the UK because you think "If only I had X I'd be happy".

Your home is destroyed, you did it when you left.

HOLA4417
True actually. If you own your own home outright, you don't need a huge income. Unless you own a moneypit of course!

You could probably earn enough on the Inter Webby thing.

No moneypit. Stone walled, built in 1762 with wine cellar, garden, orchard and attached barn.

Here dazio.JPG

Don't tempt me :lol:

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Hilarious.

:blink:

Is he working on a flux capacitor ?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest skullingtonjoe

Hilarious.

Better still, it`s on again tomorrow at 10.30 am - which ties in nicely for me to catch UFO on ITV4 at 9.30 am then switch over for a bucketful of schadenfreude. Happy days! :lol:

I just hope ITV don`t go under after wasting their dosh on crap like Friends Reunited. I hope this is showing next week too. TV just suddenly started looking up! ;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
No moneypit. Stone walled, built in 1762 with wine cellar, garden, orchard and attached barn.

Here dazio.JPG

Hmmmm - Newcastle, or the Italian Alps.

Hmmmm - a Geordie lass who won't leave town or a multilingual Italian girl into mountain sports(one would show up in the course of time).

I am reminded of an interview given by Eddie Irvine, to wind up the journalist(from a womens magazine) when questioned about his many girlfriends, he said "Women MAKE themselves interchangeable".

Hope she's something special! (The Geordie). :P

HOLA4425

Here dazio.JPG

Well, if you are ever in the market for a new gf I will be there?!

I would of course be only with you because of your house, but so long as we are honest from the start I am sure it will be fine. ;)