House Price Crash Forum
ccc

Bbc Breakfast News - Again

Clicked onto Ceefax today. Main news story - No return to housing boom.

Logged onto my computer. BBC second main news story - No Return to housing boom.

Got my breakfast and thought I would switch on the TV to see what sort of tone the presenters gave to this story.

I was surprised (Or not) to see the main news section pass, with 6 or 7 stories, and no mention of this story at all.

Then they talked about what was coming up in the business section. Again didn't even mention it.

Now contrast this to the almost high fiving and 'banging on the desk' for last week's Nationwide story.

It really is quite scandalous. If you have a look at the article below you can also see the way the story is portrayed.

As per usual - A housing boom is seen as something to look forward too. Whilst falling prices are some sort of evilness. :blink:

BBC - No Return to boom

This country is ******ed. People actually want to live in stupidly priced houses. They need mental help.

From the BBC website:

The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors has changed its forecast of a price fall of 10-15% this year amid a "considerable shift" in the market.

RICS senior economist Brigid O'Leary said: "There has been a clear change in the housing market over the past few months and, as a result, it is unlikely that we will now see the kind of house price falls widely predicted at the start of the year.

The recession is over.

Don't worry, one day they will realise that FTBs drive the market and at the moment property is waaaayyyyy out of reach for the vast majority of them.

They are a little slow...but they'll get there. :)

This country is ******ed. People actually want to live in stupidly priced houses. They need mental help.

True. As much as I don't mind it here, the people really annoy me. F*ck it, I'm going to break into oil and gas and get offshore work, buy some pad someplace out of this rathole. People here... don't get me started.

From the BBC website:

The recession is over.

The savages are out banging their election drums early this morning. Let's hope this miracle holds up long enough eh?

UK car sales rose by 2.4% in July

Cash For Clunkers

FTSE 100 sustains 4,600 points as July ends

Banks blowing bubbles.

Sterling jumps as UK house prices rise for third month in a row

..On record Low transactions..

IT's economic recovery may have started

HMRC Outsourcing to India

Array of upbeat data boosts UK recovery hopes

Tractor Production UP!

UK June industrial output rises at fastest since Oct '07

Tractor Production Up Again!

The News - read it (and not the ******ing Daily Fail or some Irish press we've never heard of...)

We all know the BBC are bloody awful. If Sean Gabb is right about anything it is we need to get rid of the BBC. It's a waste of money, a bloody joke and just a mouth piece for the Labour Party.

Remember:

Consumer and government debt is at a record high and will have to be repaid

Tax rises and spending cuts to come

Potential interest rtaes rises

High unemployment and rising

Don`t do things like that - the Doom and Gloom merchants on here will try and have you certified - though they usually choose to write in Green crayon as against your blue

Don't worry, one day they will realise that FTBs drive the market and at the moment property is waaaayyyyy out of reach for the vast majority of them.

They are a little slow...but they'll get there. :)

Apart from this little gem of conventional wisdom completely ignores that the boom was chracterised by ever declining and ageing ftbs.

The housing market is driven by credit.

Now the News at Ten is at it too. :angry:

I watch this pile of pish simply to find out what those in charge want us to think.

About 5 minutes on the latest bout of QE. Apparently now printing Electronic money out of thin air is 'Pumping money into the economy' and other completely nonsense statements.

The link between QE and simply printing money is gradually being broken by this sham of an organisation. All for the sheeple's benefit. QE is printing money ? Can't have them thinking that can we.....

And what about the latest GDP figures?

And Unemployment

And government borrowing

And tax receipts

Given that 100's of billions of pounds we haven't got has just been pumped into the economy and the BOE are printing money likes there's no tommorrow I hardly think it's surprising that one or two indicators have improved SLIGHTLY.

The Government and the BOE can't keep pulling Billions of pounds out of a hat forever

And what happens then?

:blink:

Don`t do things like that - the Doom and Gloom merchants on here will try and have you certified - though they usually choose to write in Green crayon as against your blue

I'm not gloomy.

Infact, being proved right over and over again is extremely satisfying.

You guys are going to be very unhappy bunnies in 2010 I'm afraid

Me, I can't f*cking wait.

:lol: