House Price Crash Forum

225 Billion For Lloyds - Surely Not?

HOLA441

Did I hear it right or did some BBC journo on News 24 today say that the UK might find itself paying out 225 BILLION - she emphasised billion - by the end of this year, which she pointed out was more than the UK economy, just to save Lloyds/HBOS from going under?

Did anyone else see this on the box?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Did I hear this right - an intelligent woman described as "some bird journo" You ARSEHOLE!!!

Well, in my defence.

1. I am a metrosexual who has realised that all my mates who are Neanderthals sh8g more often than I do.

2. That women, as the Daily Mail put it so succinctly yesterday, want to have their hair pulled, their bottoms spanked and to be treated roughly in bed by the man in their lives.

3. That I am a man. (Hang on, let me check - yep, a man!)

4. That I have drunk 3/4s of a bottle of Italian white wine.

5. That I have reached my early 40s and have finally realised that the only Men Women control are:

a: Naive

b: Wimps

c: Stupid

d: Hardly ever have any sex

e: Those who have not wised up to Women

6. The old adage of 'treat them mean keep them keen' is perhaps the truest thing in the Universe.

7. I have wonderful female friends who, in moments of honesty and clarity, have told me that the World is not only full of nutty women who need to be avoided, slapped down or given a good seeing to but that most women, more often than they care to admit to themselves, need to be slapped down and given a good seeing to on a regular basis.

8. I am sure male HPCers can fill in 8 through to 100 :)

Btw Ellie, do you have an arsehole, have you ever had a man in your life want to 'go round the back' and did you oblige?

If not, how long do you think it will be before you do indeed oblige? Seems to be an inevitability if you are a woman is it not?

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
MT, that was a totally sh1te reply to Ellie tbh. :(

I would edit that before she sees it.

Its a free country.

We know what Ellie thinks, we know what MT thinks.

What we don't need is some sort of bland pinko leftie homogenity of thought.

Stay cool.

HOLA448
HOLA449
4. That I have drunk 3/4s of a bottle of Italian white wine.

Methinks the pinot grigio doth protest too much!

I don't object to your description of the female BBC hack

I find Ellies over reaction a tad excessive.

Even so, MT you are out of order with large chunks of this post. Please edit... it does you little credit!

Edit... too late, Ellie is posting......

Edited by Hip to be bear

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Methinks the pinot grigio doth protest too much!

I don't object to your description of the female BBC hack

I find Ellies over reaction a tad excessive.

Even so, MT you are out of order with large chunks of this post. Please edit... it does you little credit!

Edit... too late, Ellie is posting......

Poor dude, he's a bit pished and not getting enough, bound to make him a bit harsh.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Well Ellie has seen it and..

Firstly thank you for your kind thoughts.

Luckily I am however a woman of the world.. however I am a bit shocked..

The Masked Tulip - here is my reply.

I have read in detail your opinion, your attractions etc. I hope you already understand that you are without doubt 100% gay.

HaVE FUN. :-)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Just to get back on topic, has anyone seen anything with regard to all the dosh Lloyds is supposed to be getting?

Presumably the 223 billionis part of the £260 billion the amount LBG has put into the govt backed scheme for toxic assets. It appears that Lloyds does not get anything until it has lost the first £25 billion. THe next £223 billion is insured by the taxpayer. Seems like they can make big losses for a couple of years, burn through the 25 billion and then it is taxpayer backed profit all the way

Wey hey!

Edited having read the second times article on the subject which was posted by eightiesgirl.

Edited by Hip to be bear

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Throwing good money after bad. Excellent just what this country needed. Just throw those nine digit numbers around folks it will all work out OK in the end.

Re the earlier posts. Ellie seemed a good sport and a humerous retort, assuming being Gay is OK of course and not a put down. Masked Tullip had his moments of humour too. I just like the way the whole thing seemed amicable. What a nice bunch HPCers are :)

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Where?

TM's post hasn't been edited.

All this pc ness has forced on him a falling down moment, this is the damage the PC brigade do.

Shame on you Ellie.

Shame on you!

Who's the real ARSHEHOLE?

All he had to do was go 'I said some "BBC journo" not "some bird journo"'

I always enjoy MT's posts but that one was completely out of order. It was the Hiroshima of comebacks. Totally disproportionate IMHO.

HOLA4425
All he had to do was go 'I said some "BBC journo" not "some bird journo"'

I always enjoy MT's posts but that one was completely out of order. It was the Hiroshima of comebacks. Totally disproportionate IMHO.

Turns out i misread it myself actually, the bird reference is in the title, not in the actual post, guess i jumped the gun myself on that, (and am a mini asshole for doing so)

I still think Ellie overreacted and took things way off topic, if some lass said 'some bloke journo' i doubt i'd be offended.

Edited by slurms mackenzie