House Price Crash Forum

Dad, Dad Dad ! Did You Know That Money .....

HOLA441

My lad is overseas on a gap year. He is learning a lot of valuable lessons about life.

He called me this evening and was very excited about a show / series that he watched called Zeitgeist (sp?). Part I was about 9/11 consipracies. Part II was about money.

He was very excited to note that money doesn't really exist and that it is only really just someone else's debt. He also observed that there is not enough money in the world to pay off all of the debt.

There was a thread a day or so ago about renting versus buying and the potential negative consequences for kids who live in rented houses. At the moment, we live in a rented house. I am glad to see that his ability to think for himself has not been impaired by the fact that we rent rather than own.

I have not yet an in depth discussion with him about the role of money and other options to preserve wealth but I suspect that he will be ready when he gets home before he starts uni this autumn.

The next generation are starting to figure things out for themselves which is good news.

HOLA442
My lad is overseas on a gap year. He is learning a lot of valuable lessons about life.

He called me this evening and was very excited about a show / series that he watched called Zeitgeist (sp?). Part I was about 9/11 consipracies. Part II was about money.

He was very excited to note that money doesn't really exist and that it is only really just someone else's debt. He also observed that there is not enough money in the world to pay off all of the debt.

There was a thread a day or so ago about renting versus buying and the potential negative consequences for kids who live in rented houses. At the moment, we live in a rented house. I am glad to see that his ability to think for himself has not been impaired by the fact that we rent rather than own.

I have not yet an in depth discussion with him about the role of money and other options to preserve wealth but I suspect that he will be ready when he gets home before he starts uni this autumn.

The next generation are starting to figure things out for themselves which is good news.

They didn't realise the true power of the internet. It's throwing a big old spanner into the works. ;)

Edited by MOP

HOLA443
HOLA444
Ha ha, He'd be right. The amount of people who are starting conversations every day along similar lines if definately increasing. I would say that a lot of people are starting to question things now in a way they wouldn't have even a year ago.

My lad is quite smart and very logical but not very numerate.

I find it interesting that the realization about what is actually going on has spread from the numerate part of the population to the people who have different skills.

To the point made by MOP, the internet is probably speeding this process along quite nicely.

HOLA445
They didn't realise the true power of the internet. It's throwing a bit old spanner into the works. ;)

Yep- the young are far more efficient using new technologies to spread stuff - "viral marketing" for instance (word of mouth)

HOLA446
Guest UK Debt Slave

Great news :rolleyes:

But time is kinda running a bit short

If anyone has a great idea to convince 70 million people that their entire lives are a fairy tale and money deosn't exist, please let us know quickly.

HOLA447
Great news :rolleyes:

But time is kinda running a bit short

If anyone has a great idea to convince 70 million people that their entire lives are a fairy tale and money deosn't exist, please let us know quickly.

A big publicity stunt in London based around the phrase "money doesn't exist". Something with potential to go viral on youtube.

It will probably need to involve nudity.

Who's up for it?

Edited by MOP

HOLA448

Could this be a bad thing?

Money only matters because people agree it matters. It's possible to see money for what it really is and agree to still play the game, but once you've taken the red pill and started to view things like inflation as wealth-transfer mechanisms you may be less keen to play. What happens when people stop agreeing it matters?

HOLA449
Guest UK Debt Slave
A big publicity stunt in London based around the phrase "money doesn't exist". Something with potential to go viral on youtube.

Who's up for it?

Not if it involves millions of people seeing my manhood thanks.... ;)

HOLA4410

Money only matters because people agree it matters. It's possible to see money for what it really is and agree to still play the game, but once you've taken the red pill and started to view things like inflation as wealth-transfer mechanisms you may be less keen to play. What happens when people stop agreeing it matters?

Revolution 'n shit.

Edited by MOP

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

That's good to hear, LuckyOne!

As soon as that seed of doubt is placed in people's minds, they will start to ask questions. The further they dig, the more they will realise that the system is crazy and that we have the power to change it.

The Internet is a truly wonderful tool for spreading knowledge. The bankers may have been able to knock off the odd politician (or 10!), but once a sizeable minority understand the injustices we face, the bow will break.

I was impressed last year when someone else posted about Money As Debt on Facebook. It was months after I had seen it, but it surprised me that others were digesting it too. Word can spread quickly these days!

A few more good vids and people will be asking why we are bothering to save the banks, when we can just stick the knife in and finish them off! They are expendable and easily replaceable with a superior, fairer system.

EDIT: grammar

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4414

All this green shoots and "save the banks, save society" propaganda isn't really working is it. People spent money like it wasn't important and now people are not paying it back 'cause its not important while those that think it is important are running around like their on fire. I love the irony of it all but we must not ignore the machine that is powering up and will be grinding its way to us soon, releasing its fury...

HOLA4415
That's good to hear, LuckyOne!

As soon as that seed of doubt is placed in people's minds, they will start to ask questions. The further they dig, the more they will realise that the system is crazy and that we have the power to change it.

The Internet is a truly wonderful tool for spreading knowledge. The bankers may have been able to knock off the odd politician (or 10!), but once a sizeable minority understand the injustices we face, the bow will break.

I was impressed last year when someone else posted about Money As Debt on Facebook. It was months after I had seen it, but it surprised me that others were digesting it too. Word can spread quickly these days!

A few more good vids and people will be asking why we are bothering to save the banks, when we can just stick the knife in and finish them off! They are expendable and easily replaceable with a superior, fairer system.

EDIT: grammar

My generation have generally benefitted from asset price inflation over the last few decades at the expense of the following generations.

The young ones of to-day are starting to see just how difficult it is to make their way in the world despite the promises made to them about the benefits of education.

I think that the complacency that currently exists around asset price inflation is about to be challenged in a meaningful way if the teens of to-day are starting to actively question the way that the world works. About time too.

As one of my professors said, people are supposed to be at the most politically and socially radical phase of their lives in their late teens and early twenties (it was supposed to be a complaint rather than a compliment at the time).

If this group are going to eschew (sp?) hair gel and minis and try to understand value and express their opinions forcefully, the world could finally change for the better again.

HOLA4416

This is good to hear.

The young really need to get this, and open/have opened their eyes about the con that been going on, for it is they who will suffer most.

What a joyous day it will be when the photo opp, hypocrite politicians are turned on by the youngsters they patronise.

Just watched V For Vendetta, feeling joyous :lol:

HOLA4417

It is quite an entertaining watch:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197

And of course available on Bit Torrent. Except the version I watched had nowt about cash in it.

Aha!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist,_th...geist:_Addendum

Good shout, will have to watch this sequel :rolleyes:

HOLA4418
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I might kill myself.

Why no^n where n = a very large number?

I accept that I am very late to this game compared to some on this site but the risk that I take when I deposit money in a bank or buy bonds is that the promise made to me to repay the money that I have lent to the bank or the bond issuer might not be fulfilled.

I also accept that there is a bit of a chicken and an egg argument that could be applied to the definition of money versus debt. In stressed financial times, I think that the question is resolved in favour of the idea that assets are only worth something if the liabilities can be settled at par.

What am I missing?

HOLA4419

They get on with their lives.

HOLA4420
My generation have generally benefitted from asset price inflation over the last few decades at the expense of the following generations.

The young ones of to-day are starting to see just how difficult it is to make their way in the world despite the promises made to them about the benefits of education.

I think that the complacency that currently exists around asset price inflation is about to be challenged in a meaningful way if the teens of to-day are starting to actively question the way that the world works. About time too.

As one of my professors said, people are supposed to be at the most politically and socially radical phase of their lives in their late teens and early twenties (it was supposed to be a complaint rather than a compliment at the time).

If this group are going to eschew (sp?) hair gel and minis and try to understand value and express their opinions forcefully, the world could finally change for the better again.

I am 30 (although I was closer to my mid 20s when I found this place!), so I suppose I'm a bit late to the party, but it seems it took the HPI to make me wonder why things were the way they were. The rest of the journey has made me feel like Alice tumbling down the rabbit hole...

It feels like the questions along the way have to be asked with courage as it feels like you must be missing something - you don't want to look stupid. Then, when you find the answers, they're hard to believe - you wonder how we could have possibly ended up with such a twisted system.

But there are many reasons to be optimistic. The younger generation, the Facebook/Twitter generation, are using the Internet to spread the word quickly. The media can't control it and neither can the banks. IMO, the Internet is the medium which will be the catalyst for change... "they" can't keep their secrets quiet any more.

EDIT: usual typos - must use preview more!

Edited by Traktion

HOLA4421

I have given this subject a lot of thought.

The whole the social structure we have created is a lie. It only works because most people are conditioned from an early age to believe in it. How would you bring the system down?

Educating a majority of the population is the only way, but I cannot ever see this happening. Most people are just too languid.

I have repeated nightmares; literally screaming at people in an attempt to get them to understand.

The truth of the matter is they have to ask the questions themselves - the answers are out there if you look hard enough. But this is simply not going to happen all the time life is tolerable. Yes we are all slaves, no better than caged animals. But most people are happy with their (gilded) cages.

I despair.

Edited: for carp spellin

Edited by muggle

HOLA4422

The problem when you get to our age is, we turn into dreamers.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest Skinty

Nudity in London requires lots of people to be nude with you and co-ordination by the police. e.g. the nude bike ride.

What might be better is a small group of people filmed nude somewhere really busy such as by Nelson's column so that it can go viral. Money can be represented as clothes and how it all ends up in the hands of the bankers.

HOLA4425
Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but this is important. I have just finished watching this video.

The international banking system is even more evil and corrupt than I thought!

SERIOUSLY, watch this film, forward it to everybody you know...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912

Thanks for posting that never seen it before, and also looked into the eden project (noticed there seling there research centre as well (lol))

Something come to my mind whilst watching was how the ruling elite are going to deal with our present situation - ives always belived the key is to keep us all poor - and too that end, I can see rising inflation and higher interest rates - those that have str see there value diminish, and those with mortgages have to pay higher rates to live the dream.

The best way is to have no mortgage, and spend spend spend - as we wont see the venus project in our life time...perhaps....