House Price Crash Forum

Krusty's Back! C4 8pm Tonight.

HOLA441

'Dina's desperate for that elusive 'wow' factor...'

There's a banality about these programmes that is very, very wearying...

It comes from the presenters, the househunters and the houses....

I may have seen too many of them...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
Is her moustache visible?

Nah - trendy 'Sloane' Hijab!

HOLA444
Have Phil and Krusty been told to up the 'chemistry between them' element?

They keep having little 'moments'....

Is there a hint of a legover situation?

Or is it me?

bald on bald.....nice.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest joeschmo
And ignoring the more obvious point that Labour is in power and Krusties lot are not. Apart from that spot on. :blink:

and one is a highly respected multi-millionaire buisnessman who has the sense to be a Labour party member and one is well, I am too polite....... :P

Edited by joeschmo

HOLA447
I detect a hint of jealousy, Juvenal....

Must resist.. must resist...

Edit: Hang on.. Phil's showing some of the ace negotiating skills that made Garrington such a success!. Now Kirstie will like him even more!!!

Edited by juvenal

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
What are the budgets? I missed the start.

Sakerbaby,

I'm sorry cos i'm sure you must've been asked this dozens of times but, what's your signature all about? I mean, what does it mean, in terms of what is the importance of the fact that the sign shows my IP, ISP operating system etc. Are you highlighting a potential powderkeg or merely showing off your knowledge with a neat trick?

Yours, ever e illiterate and slightly worried.

Macfarlan.

HOLA4413
First response from Dina on moving into her new house:

"I think my friends will like it..'

What is up with people these days?

I have not even been to most of my friends houses, scattered randomly over London as they are. Unless they bring photos when we meet, they are not going to get any "wow" out of me.

Spending a fortune to impress your friends - pathetic isn't it? Rather like this programme.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Sakerbaby,

I'm sorry cos i'm sure you must've been asked this dozens of times but, what's your signature all about? I mean, what does it mean, in terms of what is the importance of the fact that the sign shows my IP, ISP operating system etc. Are you highlighting a potential powderkeg or merely showing off your knowledge with a neat trick?

Macfarlan.

It's been mentioned before.... :rolleyes:

Look here :- http://www.danasoft.com/

I watched 20 mins and had to go out before I kicked the T.V. in.

HOLA4416
Sakerbaby,

Macfarlan.

He joined the realms of the undead & became a Vampire on 12.10.2007 because he got fed up of "Green shoots"!

Hint - The 'Shakin' bit is to do with getting the last drops out!

HOLA4417
It's been mentioned before.... :rolleyes:

Look here :- http://www.danasoft.com/

I watched 20 mins and had to go out before I kicked the T.V. in.

Cheers, will ave a good look at that, always learning me...

Shakerbaby, just tried to PM you but no can do for some reason, could be my dang settings like but anyhows, suffice to say, no I don't think you should change it.

Or maybe I should reserve judgement until after i watch that there link...

Edit to add: No, looks fine. and kinda cool.

Edited by macfarlan

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
He joined the realms of the undead & became a Vampire on 12.10.2007 because he got fed up of "Green shoots"!

Hint - The 'Shakin' bit is to do with getting the last drops out!

Intriguing. I thought you throwing 'Bull' accusations around for a minute there, then I thought you were saying he was taking the pi55, but now I'm totally in the dark.

I'm sure there's a perfectly long explanation tho, maybe I should show up round here more often to get with the program.

Mac.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I would.

Not surprised if that's you up there pal. Krusty's negotiating skills reached new heights.Depths of a sales slump,ordinary ten pints of lager and packet of nuts pebble dash semi asking £335kFFS and Krusty says "Let's see if we can get it for the asking price". I could just imagine Sugar saying that.Good girl you got there Dave,finger on the pulse!

Edited by profitofdoom

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I don't mind admitting it, but i got quite emotional watching LLL last night. It suddenly dawned on me how crazy the whole situation is, and how we're still an island of wannabe property speculators.

I mean, an ordinary 3-bed house costing 10x what most professional office workers earn?! How can that be seen as anything other than crazy!

For every episode of LLL broadcast with that overly-positive spin on how "now is a good time to buy", there are dozens of couples taking that advice on board and willing to throw themselves into a lifetime (and that's what it will be for most of them) of paying down the mortgage.

It made me so angry that "buying" a house is still seen a some sort of "tick" that people seem to want to acquire on their list of life's "must haves" as soon as possible.

And as for the comment about buying to make her friends jealous. Insanity.

HOLA4424
And as for the comment about buying to make her friends jealous. Insanity.

Drives me mad too, but don't you like to be proud of your house? I didn't see the clip last night, but remember how editted this is. She might well have said something much less appalling in context.

To be fair, I'm not sure about jealousy, wanting your mates to be jealous of you seems somehow nasty, but would I like them to think "wow, what an amazing place" when they are entertained at my house? Yes, for sure. Just the same as I love to say the same thing every day when I walk through the door.

HOLA4425