House Price Crash Forum

Schiff Speaks. All Hail The Schiff

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I spent a good part of my life in Canada, and frequented America regularily. I can tell you with firsthand knowledge that the entire US of A has been falling backwards for decades. Infrastructure is antiquated and dangerous, the citizens are more paranoid than ever, and crime is out of control. Now we have their banks dropping at the rate of 3-4 a week!

The US 'is' an economic wasteland, and quickly becoming a very scary totalitarian police state; looks like they are taking their lead from Britain too in this manner. Yes, Alex Jones comes across a nutter, or so we are lead to believe, but damn…he’s been right about a lot of things.

So much for the American dream 1776-19??... I’m not exactly sure when the republic lost it’s way….could be 1913 with the creation of the Fed, or possibly 1971 with the wholesale abandonment of Bretton Woods.

I like Mr Schiff, but I think he paints too rosy a picture of the future. Sure, he talks about bond market collapse and the de-coupling, but he is also very much a proud, patriotic man, and does not want to talk of violent outcomes.

Almost all major economic downturns in history restarted the system by waging full scale war. Why is now going to be any different?

HOLA444
HOLA445

Thanks for that Peter Schiff vid.

Peter is my broker and friend.

We don't agree on gold. But that's ok. I think I can eventually convince him. We agree on everything else.

He appears in "The Secret of Oz".

http://reason.com/blog/show/135219.html

About his senate ambitions for the first 2 minutes.

About the crisis, US$, US standard of living and economic reforms for the last 2 minutes.

No great surprises.

HOLA446

We don't agree on gold. But that's ok. I think I can eventually convince him. We agree on everything else.

I assume Peter didn't receive a Christmas card from Art Laffer in 08?

Maybe it got lost in the post.

Edited by MOP

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest UK Debt Slave
Almost all major economic downturns in history restarted the system by waging full scale war. Why is now going to be any different?

Yeah, well fair point!

A very worrying time. So much information available and so few understand the system they live under, blissfully unaware while they shop in the malls with their credit tokens.

The rulers have always been eugenicists. They don't give a stuff about humanity. A war here, a war there. What's new!

Just look at the way they treat our guys fighting for nothing in Afghanistan for starters. I mean, why the hell are decent young men dying over there? It's fekkn disgusting

HOLA449
Yeah, well fair point!

A very worrying time. So much information available and so few understand the system they live under, blissfully unaware while they shop in the malls with their credit tokens.

The rulers have always been eugenicists. They don't give a stuff about humanity. A war here, a war there. What's new!

Just look at the way they treat our guys fighting for nothing in Afghanistan for starters. I mean, why the hell are decent young men dying over there? It's fekkn disgusting

Aren't they there to beat up some dude named Al Keeda?

HOLA4410
Guest UK Debt Slave
Aren't they there to beat up some dude named Al Keeda?

Something to do with creating a safe democracy for the Afghani people and educating small children so that they don't have to walk around with a bag on their heads.....allegedly

Honestly, and people take this stuff seriously.

HOLA4411
Something to do with creating a safe democracy for the Afghani people and educating small children so that they don't have to walk around with a bag on their heads.....allegedly

Honestly, and people take this stuff seriously.

nothing to do with creating as many enemies as possible

and enriching the bankers and the miltary industrial complex

and of course causing a distraction

HOLA4412

Peter Schiff would fit in just dandy with the 500+ others on Capitol Hill (including Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul) who are every bit as reticent about Bilderberg as he is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_lC7ifM1q4

Either, despite the bluster, they all bat for the same side, or it's just a giant councidence that not one of them own a pair of balls.

I'll bet the proberbial farm it's the former.

HOLA4413
nothing to do with creating as many enemies as possible

and enriching the bankers and the miltary industrial complex

and of course causing a distraction

Maybe it's got something to do with the huge oil pipelines running through Afghanistan from the Caspian Sea to the Indian Ocean, that the US desperately needs to keep secure.

Just a wacky theory.

HOLA4414

Because previously there was a hope that one side would win. This time neither side would win. Even if people survive (some will) once the radiation clears I doubt the resources left would be enough to rebuild.

If you think there's going to be war you'd best start collecting as many bottle caps as possible and find a local vault ;)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Bill, maybe you can point Mr Schiff. in the direction of HPC? There are many fertile minds that would like to probe him.