House Price Crash Forum

Bbc Panorama - Looking For Would-be Homebuyers

bobed

HOLA441

I heard it on the grapevine...

"Panorama is interested in hearing from would-be homebuyers with good credit ratings who are working and have recently been turned down for mortgage applications, particulary with RBS and Lloyds. Please contact eleanor.plowden@bbc.co.uk"

The BBC is after people who have been turned down by RBS and Lloyds and wants to have a go at them for not propping up house prices.

Will HPC'ers please contact eleanor.plowden@bbc.co.uk to tell her the problem is high house prices not part-nationalised banks.

Edited by bobed

HOLA442
HOLA443
Panorama is The Daily Mail only on TV instead of in print and has been for years. I don't think anyone takes it seriously.

banks MUST and SHOULD be lending 8 times salary to anyone who wants to partake in the housing market.

course, that would leave no capital reserves to lend to business...oh hang on...that wouldnt be an issue!

HOLA444

Panorama is shite. They broadcast mainly sensationalist, questionable journalism, designed to pull you away from game show or soap and get some advertising revenue.

I agree with impatient_mug. It's the Daily Mail in video format.

If you want real investigation, look at a media source outside of British/American control.

HOLA445
Panorama is shite. They broadcast mainly sensationalist, questionable journalism, designed to pull you away from game show or soap and get some advertising revenue.

I agree with impatient_mug. It's the Daily Mail in video format.

If you want real investigation, look at a media source outside of British/American control.

Panorama is shite, they always have an agenda that they want to get across and find the people to match the story. It would be good though if some HPC'ers bent their ear though wouldn't it? They're looking for Joe Bloggs, the man in the street to put across their views about house buying. The more people they get who want prices to fall rather than large mortgages from part-nationalised banks, the better.

Edited by bobed

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Maybe I should contact them to 'complain' that RBS won't let me reduce my 5-year fix from 6.5% (last negotiated in 2008) to a more 'current' rate without paying the 4% penalty. :lol:

Of course they are completely within their right to do this - we both freely bet against each other on the direction of interest rates and they won - I bet Panorama would still manage to twist and molest the story to make the bank look bad.

Edited by impatient_mug