House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Had Tamiflu?

HOLA441
HOLA442
Guest UK Debt Slave
What expiry date has it got on it?

Someone has just spun me a yarn the reason they're giving it out for this flu is they have stockpiled too much and it's going out of date ...

Don't take that vaccine

Nobody knows what the corporation who manufactures it has put in it. I would stay well clear of any vaccine the government is encouraging the people to take these days. I don't trust them at all.

HOLA443
Guest absolutezero

Someone has just spun me a yarn the reason they're giving it out for this flu is they have stockpiled too much and it's going out of date ...

Someone metioned this on a thread in off topic the other week.

I think it had 2 years to go.

HOLA444
HOLA445
Don't take that vaccine

Nobody knows what the corporation who manufactures it has put in it. I would stay well clear of any vaccine the government is encouraging the people to take these days. I don't trust them at all.

And why should I take advice from someone who incorrectly describes Tamiflu as a vaccine?

HOLA446

Annecdotally taking it is a bad idea - unless you're about to die - the side-effects will make you feel worse.

I suspect I've had swine flu due to working in an office where a couple of people have had it and for me it was trivial, lasted less than a day which I didn't even take off work. Certainly took nothing for it.

Edited by Nationalist

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Tamiflu has a RT shelf life of 5 years if that helps......

HOLA4410

I've had Tamiflu many years ago to get over a bought of conventional flu in the Far East and I can confirm that it works brilliantly if you are suffering from flu.

Remember, the flu vaccine is not the same as Tamiflu.

Sorry to pish on the conspiracy theories.

Take the Tamiflu pills or suffer in silence.

HOLA4411
I've had Tamiflu many years ago to get over a bought of conventional flu in the Far East and I can confirm that it works brilliantly if you are suffering from flu.

Remember, the flu vaccine is not the same as Tamiflu.

Sorry to pish on the conspiracy theories.

Take the Tamiflu pills or suffer in silence.

Agree, had swine flu last week and Tamiflu the same day, was very ill, but felt much better the next day.

HOLA4412
Tamiflu has a RT shelf life of 5 years if that helps......

Afraid not. The EC, for the first time ever, agreed to extend it's use by date for 2 additional years. Never been done before for any drug.

Make of that what you will.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Annecdotally taking it is a bad idea - unless you're about to die - the side-effects will make you feel worse.

I suspect I've had swine flu due to working in an office where a couple of people have had it and for me it was trivial, lasted less than a day which I didn't even take off work. Certainly took nothing for it.

I think there must be a cold doing the rounds right now, I've had something but it was nothing like previous episodes of flu.

HOLA4415
Guest absolutezero

Then it wasn't flu. It was a cold. "Manflu", if you will.

Flu knocks you on your back.

I've only ever had it once and you know the difference!