House Price Crash Forum

Hpc.co.uk Ruined My Life

HOLA441

Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie,

O, what a panic's in thy breastie!

Thou need na start awa sae hasty,

Wi' bickering brattle!

But I do worry that...

But if you don't spend you money then you won't go insolvent. It cuts both ways. People who wait for house prices to go back up are in for a very nasty shock.

...will get trickier for many honest souls to do as taxes rise and rise and the deadly tentacles of debt spread further and further (to the delight of the apostles of Gordo).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
As a follower since the birth of this site 2003, this is the way I see it.

2003 - No HPC

2004 - No HPC

2005 - No HPC

2006 - No HPC

2007 - No HPC

2008 - No HPC

2009 - Hoorah for HPC. Full blown crash underway. How insightful and well predicted (my 3rse)

Don't you mean:

2003 - HPC predicted, no apocalypse foreseen

2004 - HPC predicted, no apocalypse foreseen

2005 - HPC predicted, wait a minute - what are these four horsemen doing here?

2006 - forget about HPC, Oh... My.... God...

2007 - $hit! I just wanted a HPC, not the end of the world

2008 - Really scared now. Stop it.

2009 - Can't believe I wanted this to happen.

Edited by AvidFan

HOLA445
Guest joeschmo
Don't you mean:

2003 - HPC predicted, no apocalypse forseen

2004 - HPC predicted, no apocalypse forseen

2005 - HPC predicted, wait a minute - what are these four horsemen doing here?

2006 - forget about HPC, Oh... My.... God...

2007 - $hit! I just wanted a HPC, not the end of the world

2008 - Really scared now. Stop it.

2009 - Can't believe I wanted this to happen.

2010 Economic and Housing Recovery...Labour returned for another term ;)

HOLA446
Corrected.

Of course HPC did take longer than expected. Even the Bank of England thought it was inevitable in 2002. Link

...HPC started slowly 2005 ...that is why Merlin Gordo reduced interest rates by one half per cent that year when houses started sticking ....he knew ....but what he didn't know was 'what goes up must come down' despite meddling and covering up ...."I didn't see it coming" insanity plead".....not very smart this Nulabour.... <_<

HOLA447
Guest theboltonfury
I should have bought a house in March, or better still three years ago. Why oh why did I listen to you crackpots? With your crash fairytales!

"Gravity always wins" so you said. No it does not!

The government always wins. Vested interests always win. The little guy always loses. The game is rigged. The system preserves itself. Better join up than be trampled on, claiming the direction is insanity.

"HPI is irrational and unsustainable" so you said. The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent Keynes pointed out.

"This will end in riots and revolution" so you said. No it won't! We have no taste for revolution. People are either too dumb or too lazy to do anything about being shafted by bankers, politicians and international corporations yet again. It has always been this way, always will. Tell them their crap house has gone up in value and they are happy to be debt slaves their whole lives.

Make your own decisions in future.

HOLA448
Guest Parry aka GOD
2010 Economic and Housing Recovery...Labour returned for another term ;)

Pretty dire situation and desperately poor government 'letting house prices get out of control', though Joe.

This does not benefit mankind (supposed to be your voters), just a handful of plutocrats.

Really Joe, if you're a real Labour supporter, surely you see this?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest theboltonfury
HPI is alive and well.

PS Do not swallow all the Armageddon messages on here...very bad for the brain.

sound advice.

My bet is if you could actually SEE some of the armageddonists on here you'd probably have a collection of some of the weirdest, socially malfunctioning, hermit like crackpots alive in the UK.

Some people just get off on spreading doom, and they write it enough, with enough conviction, that if you immerse yourself in it enough, you start to believe it.

HOLA4411

We had the excuse for the recession (credit crunch), which in turn sent all those debt happy few to go scurrying for cover. But now we have the real HP killer -redundancies, and a lack of real money. This is just the start. People that are buying houses are the misguided few that do not feel their money is safe sat in banks or perhaps the odd HPC'er who has just prematurely brought. Time will tell, but as with any good trilogy I think this is the 2nd act and the 3rd is yet to come. Is this not just a bull run?

That said if you are to believe the press then you have not lost out. House prices are still down from the peak. Most good investors wait for a market to start recovering before investing. That said my hard earned money is not going in to houses just yet.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest Parry aka GOD
Pathetically deluded on both counts. Maybe if you closed your eyes....and wished...really really hard...

It's not so much that, but the fact that HPI was so rife and so severe that it has had dreadfully damaging effects on society. I just can't believe a Labour government would actively encourage crass materialism and greed. It's not what they were ever about.

I like old Labour, Wedgy Benn and the like, but this crowd have been toxic.

Joe, really? I mean really mush? Do you really think these people have had the country's interests at heart, long term stability and wotnot?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest anorthosite
:P

Yes maybe the government should carry a legal warning to this effect and that following the government's advice can seriously damage your wealth

Fixed for you ;)

HOLA4416
Guest anorthosite
You know what happens in war films when some young soldier loses their stiff upper lip and starts to freak out before running away, and despite the square jawed hero shouting "Nooooo!" the soldier always ends up getting shot as he leaves his cover. The square jawed hero just looks sadly on knowing that if the guy had kept his nerve he might, just might have survived to fight another day.

Ah Skinty, how I wish ze house price crash voz over.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Oh and if you were milling about on here you probably also wasted a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take part in the greatest stock market rally since '33.

Oh well.

Sure did, I'm not interested in the stock market in these volatile times where you can make or lose a fortune in a matter of days. I got out of the stock market in 2007, when it was 6,500 ish. What is it now, 4,500 ish? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4419
Sure did, I'm not interested in the stock market in these volatile times where you can make or lose a fortune in a matter of days. I got out of the stock market in 2007, when it was 6,500 ish. What is it now, 4,500 ish? :lol:

And oh it's gone up even more. You can speak for yourself. Me, I'm very interested in a stock market that has risen for near 5 straight months.