House Price Crash Forum

Millions Of Tax Returns Could Be Outsourced To India,

HOLA441
Officials at HM Revenue and Customs are said to be looking at the proposals to save £200 million a year.

HMRC's information technology work is already outsourced under a long-term contract which is worth about £8.5 billion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/persona...kly-claims.html

i dont see the point in posting what i think about this.

Edited by crash2006

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
The UK govt needs to cut costs to service its debts. Outsourcing will produce good cost savings. Obviously no one who's important will get their tax returns sent overseas just the plebs.

However without these jobs will the UK housing market hold up?

i'm confused how is the govt saving by outsourcing work, as people will be made redundant a big cost then they will claim benefits and there will also be less tax coming in as mass unemployment , this govt should be encouraging companies to bring work to this country not outsourcing what work there is left if not this country is F****d can the last one out please pull the plug

HOLA446
HOLA447
i'm confused how is the govt saving by outsourcing work, as people will be made redundant a big cost then they will claim benefits and there will also be less tax coming in as mass unemployment , this govt should be encouraging companies to bring work to this country not outsourcing what work there is left if not this country is F****d can the last one out please pull the plug

Offshoring government jobs is so unbelievably stupid it beggars belief. IF we had full employment and the people involved could easily find equivalent paying jobs, then you'd still have the security issues to consider.. at least with our home grown scammers the cash stays in the country.

HOLA448

This also perplexes me, If all the banks brought there call centers back to the UK maybe not so many of there loans would go bad. Say for arguments sake - you had a mortgage with Loyds and was also employed by them - and you have just been laid off due to the clusterfluck deal setup by the PM and blank - you are flucked as you cannot keep up loan payments to your old employer and you did not take out employment protection insurance because as a bank employee you thought you would not need it.

Your ex- employer gets there house back - you end up getting your credit facilities destroyed for 6 years - where is the justice in this?

HOLA449

This is so funny it makes me weep. HMRC can hardly fuction properly at the moment. Year after year they have brought in consultants (Accenture I looking at you) who have got rid of experienced workers and practices (which worked), then hired kids and put in place production line processes. If they moev everything to India then I reckon the whole thing will just grind to a halt.

HOLA4410
The UK govt needs to cut costs to service its debts. Outsourcing will produce good cost savings. Obviously no one who's important will get their tax returns sent overseas just the plebs.

However without these jobs will the UK housing market hold up?

Certainly not in Salford - the largest employer is HMRC :unsure::blink::huh::lol::P;)

HOLA4411

Did anyone see the news clips of the Indian police force at work?

Police in India are guilty of widespread human rights violations, including beatings, torture and illegal killings, a new report alleges.

I wonder if HMRC will be insourcing some Indian law enforcement officers to beat the "tax owed" calculations made in India out of UK citizens?

HOLA4412
This is so funny it makes me weep. HMRC can hardly function properly at the moment. Year after year they have brought in consultants (Accenture I looking at you) who have got rid of experienced workers and practices (which worked), then hired kids and put in place production line processes. If they move everything to India then I reckon the whole thing will just grind to a halt.

Makes fraud much easier, though. Especially when different people look at different pages of the same return..

You have to remember that Management Consultants are uber-geniuses who invariably know how to perform a job better than those who have been doing a job for years. Can't argue with that..

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
I love the way that the plutocracy's solution to every problem is the same solution.

Clearly the last time it was applied incorrectly. This time it will be done right. Again if it fails it wasn't done properly so we'll try it again.

It's insane, just like sending troops to charge against machine guns. Clearly if failed last time because the troops didn't believe and failed to run fast enough.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Makes fraud much easier, though. Especially when different people look at different pages of the same return..

You have to remember that Management Consultants are uber-geniuses who invariably know how to perform a job better than those who have been doing a job for years. Can't argue with that..

These companies are very clever. They come in with a promise, YOU train them, YOU pay them, THEY fail, THEY learn and move on to suck onto another host which probably has just shed one of their competitors.

That's all there is to offshoring, outsourcing and so on.

What's clever is that the decision makers in the host companies always move on before the shit hits the fan

HOLA4417
Clearly the last time it was applied incorrectly. This time it will be done right. Again if it fails it wasn't done properly so we'll try it again.

It's insane, just like sending troops to charge against machine guns. Clearly if failed last time because the troops didn't believe and failed to run fast enough.

No, last time it worked perfectly, and anyone saying differently isn't going to get a promotion any time soon..