House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
D179

A Property I Looked At, Not Sold, But Price Bumped Up!

Looked at a place in the South East the other week, offers around £300k. It was worth £260k max. Not been sold in over 3 months, now on with another agent but at £329K?

What a bunch of tw*ts.

I have also noticed quite a number of things coming on to the makret at higher levels or nearing peak prices. this surely has to be down to so few instructions that the agents are simply over-valuing ( I use the word value very loosely) just to gain an instructions.

Looked at a place in the South East the other week, offers around £300k. It was worth £260k max. Not been sold in over 3 months, now on with another agent but at £329K?

What a bunch of tw*ts.

I have also noticed quite a number of things coming on to the makret at higher levels or nearing peak prices. this surely has to be down to so few instructions that the agents are simply over-valuing ( I use the word value very loosely) just to gain an instructions.

Several reasons for this:

1. Easy credit.

2. Low unemployment

3. Houses are still affordable compared with average earnings.

These 3 reasons are the foundation upon which the housing market is recovering. In Brown's world, of course.

I get so frustrated, it actually is not good for my health. The agents never seem to learn. I can understand that some people simply want to achieve the highest possible price, but they also have to be realistic.

It also makes offering on anything almost embarrassing, yeah I see you have something on at £339, ill pay you £260, it is just not worth the hastle.

Very frustrating.

I saw this too. One went up in January. Appeared to sell quickly, presume mortgage fell through. Came back mid june at 5% more, and has sat there for the last 7 weeks. Same agent too, not like they moved because another one tickled their belly with higher/more fanciful valuations.

What a bunch of tw*ts.

Selling around £210000 at peak now up about 15%

Wait another 6 months should get £150000 what do you think?

What a bunch of tw*ts.

(in Mr Burns voice)

Excellent. The fools have taken the bait.

But seriously, the greed of some people does make me laugh / despair. "Oh look Sky News said house prices are going up again now, better put another 10% on top of my house".

I get so frustrated, it actually is not good for my health. The agents never seem to learn. I can understand that some people simply want to achieve the highest possible price, but they also have to be realistic.

It also makes offering on anything almost embarrassing, yeah I see you have something on at £339, ill pay you £260, it is just not worth the hastle.

Very frustrating.

I understand what you mean but I think thats part and parcel of the problem with the whole house sales process... agents and clients ask a lot knowing they'll be bargained down... but most people for all sorts of reasons never bargain as hard as they possibly could.... personally I'd have no problem offering £260 vs a £339 asking as long as I could back it up.

But be prepared in this crazy market blip period it might well sell for £305 ... which might leave you doubly fuming.