House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tonkers

Pensions Crisis - Right To Die

The news is full of the pensions problem that has been swept under the carpet for so long, we are being told that we are living to too greater age. At the same time we have campaigners for the right to die. Seriously, is this where we are going? Mandatory suicide for the poor?

The news is full of the pensions problem that has been swept under the carpet for so long, we are being told that we are living to too greater age. At the same time we have campaigners for the right to die. Seriously, is this where we are going? Mandatory suicide for the poor?

I'd noticed the coincidence. I wonder when these rights become responsibilities?

New labour "Arbeit macht frei" policy, pension at 75, termination at 74?

VMR.

I think you guys are looking for conspiracy in the wrong place. If you were going to solve the pensions crisis by killing people, you wouldn't kill the ones on their last legs who are going to die of degenerative disease in a year or two anyway - especially if they are relatively poor i.e. small pension.

I think you guys are looking for conspiracy in the wrong place. If you were going to solve the pensions crisis by killing people, you wouldn't kill the ones on their last legs who are going to die of degenerative disease in a year or two anyway - especially if they are relatively poor i.e. small pension.

Repealing the smoking ban would be more effective. Selectively targets the lower classes, raises taxes..

Guest skullingtonjoe

Anyone who has seen Logan`s Run or Soylent Green will know the coup :(

I'm organising a mass suicide outside the Department of Works and Pensions, 10am a week Tuesday.

Over 60's only, smart dress.

It's the only way to solve the pension crisis.

Ask not what your country can do for you...ask about assisted suicide.

I'm organising a mass suicide outside the Department of Works and Pensions, 10am a week Tuesday.

Over 60's only, smart dress.

It's the only way to solve the pension crisis.

Ask not what your country can do for you...ask about assisted suicide.

Hey, we can sort out the graduates crisis at the same time, they can be our 'suicide buddies' or 'death dealing operative liaison equality officers'.

Hey, we can sort out the graduates crisis at the same time, they can be our 'suicide buddies' or 'death dealing operative liaison equality officers'.

OK people, we are on a roll here, blue sky thinking, blue sky thinking. Let the sun shine.

Guest Steve Cook

It's not a coincidence and it's one of many dark developments in our society.

We must fight this at all costs.

Or get rich.

Or get out.

Edited by Steve Cook

Guest Steve Cook

I have read that over 70% (on average) of the entire amount of money spent on your health care during your life will be spent in the last 10 weeks of life in the form of palliative care. In other words, care that does not improve your prognosis for recovery but merely provides comfort and pain relief. There are huge savings for the state (meaning our ruling elites) to be had if old, sick people are gently (or not so gently) encouraged to f*ck off into the night before they reach that point.

We must fight this, for all our sakes.

Edited by Steve Cook

OK people, we are on a roll here, blue sky thinking, blue sky thinking. Let the sun shine.

Just parking my tbrain fart up a flagpole, shouldn't we worry about GPI (Grave Price Inlation) as everyone piles into to secure their final resting place, does it up and flips it? I could rent a few out, maybe buy up some cemeteries in Bulgaria.

I have read that over 70% (on average) of the entire amount of money spent on your health care during your life will be spent in the last 10 weeks of life in the form of palliative care. In other words, care that does not improve your prognosis for recovery but merely provides comfort and pain relief. There are huge savings for the state (meaning our ruling elites) to be had if old, sick people are gently (or not so gently) encouraged to f*ck off into the night before they reach that point.

We must fight this, for all our sakes.

So you really want to prolong your agony by 10 weeks at a cost of thousands of pounds - er are you into masochism?

So far those who have been going to court on this issue are people with the money to pay to go to Switzerland to do it. (And the money to go to court.)

The poor don't have failing pension plans so no saving in killing them off for that reason. The saving would come in reduced public expenditure. Obvious saving in state pensions. Less obvious one is that poor people tend to spend more of their later years than average being ill and requiring treatment. So although poor people tend to die younger, requiring less pension, they can cost the NHS more by the manner of their dying.

Suicide amongst the elderly would certainly help decrease the country's debt. Depends on the priority one gives to decreasing debt. Given the frequent posts decrying debt (and the elderly) one might expect some toconsider that this is a good idea. (Some on HPC not just the ruling elites)

Personally, assuming nature does not decide first, I wish the right to decide the time of my own death. This includes the right not to have it either mandated or delayed by the state or any person (other than those named in my living will in the event of my being incapable of stating my wish at the time.)

I'm happy to bear my share of the cost to the state in giving this right to everyone. Some things are more important than debt and economics.

Just parking my tbrain fart up a flagpole, shouldn't we worry about GPI (Grave Price Inlation) as everyone piles into to secure their final resting place, does it up and flips it? I could rent a few out, maybe buy up some cemeteries in Bulgaria.

Luckily I had swallowed my tea before I read the above.

Think we should get the domain name for "Gravepricecrash.com" in the bag now.

We would need to be on guard for Subterranean Prime Loans methinks.

Guest Steve Cook
So you really want to prolong your agony by 10 weeks at a cost of thousands of pounds - er are you into masochism?

No.

I merely lack your apparent faith in either the competence or the motives of our illustrious leaders when it comes to legislating for such behaviour.

Edited by Steve Cook