House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Noodle

Lending Drops Of Something

prudent banks only lend when there is a good chance of profit.

course, profit comes from wealth creation, and, as far as the banks are concerned, wealth is accumulated with their stock in trade...money.

producing things like food, cars, clean water...well, they just dont produce money unless somebody else uses money to buy the stuff. its all a bt difficult and convoluted and just a bit harder to sort out before lunch.

housing, on the other hand, has it all. you lend money, money cames back in. if it doesnt, you sell the owners house for money.

and the best part. if you get all the borrowers to compete for houses, the value goes up, meaning you can lend more!

Guest Parry aka GOD
prudent banks only lend when there is a good chance of profit.

course, profit comes from wealth creation, and, as far as the banks are concerned, wealth is accumulated with their stock in trade...money.

producing things like food, cars, clean water...well, they just dont produce money unless somebody else uses money to buy the stuff. its all a bt difficult and convoluted and just a bit harder to sort out before lunch.

housing, on the other hand, has it all. you lend money, money cames back in. if it doesnt, you sell the owners house for money.

and the best part. if you get all the borrowers to compete for houses, the value goes up, meaning you can lend more!

But did you see the picture of Kate Moss in the right hand column. Oh deary . . . Mr Gravity has not been kind.

Guest Parry aka GOD
Money.

It doesn't grow on trees.

Connie Huqs pants fell off too. Or something like that.

But did you see the picture of Kate Moss in the right hand column. Oh deary . . . Mr Gravity has not been kind.

on a serious note, the article about Konnie was much more revealing

article_1204150_05F0E027000005DC_913_224x628.jpg

post-10213-1249448356_thumb.jpg

Guest Parry aka GOD
on a serious note, the article about Konnie was much more revealing

article_1204150_05F0E027000005DC_913_224x628.jpg

Yes exactly!

See this is what we need. Some positive news.

Yes exactly!

See this is what we need. Some positive news.

I would add, the expanded photo is actual size.

Although I did find this story particularly harrowing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...ani-advert.html

There's a pentagram shaved on the lad's head! I never had one of those when I was a kid. :(

I think banks are finding it hard to lend to businesses with no customers!

You need more than an "idea" now. You need existing customers and a saleable product/service.

Fair enough...

Guest Parry aka GOD
There's a pentagram shaved on the lad's head! I never had one of those when I was a kid. :(

I think banks are finding it hard to lend to businesses with no customers!

You need more than an "idea" now. You need existing customers and a saleable product/service.

Fair enough...

I just don't believe it! A weather girl is pregnant!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...-red-dress.html

Edited by Parry aka GOD

I just don't believe it! A weather girl is pregnant!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...-red-dress.html

Well good luck to her! I hope there's not another Daily Mail article about ladies with foreign sounding names, breeding like rabbits, and taking all our jobs! ;)

Guest Parry aka GOD
Well good luck to her! I hope there's not another Daily Mail article about ladies with foreign sounding names, breeding like rabbits, and taking all our jobs! ;)

I'd never before paid this 'newspaper' any real attention. I'd seen it a couple of times before but had no idea it was this bad.

I'd never before paid this 'newspaper' any real attention. I'd seen it a couple of times before but had no idea it was this bad.

If you read the Daily Mail, and the DailyMash, it's sometimes hard to work out which is the spoof... :(

Guest Parry aka GOD
If you read the Daily Mail, and the DailyMash, it's sometimes hard to work out which is the spoof... :(

The Daily Mash is a serious editorial.

Some birds' got a degree in 'comedy'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...and-comedy.html

What is going on over there?

Mark Gatiss, writer and star of The League Of Gentlemen, said: 'I think it's a fantastic idea. It only sounds like a joke because that's what comedy is.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...l#ixzz0NHwIaRIc

Mr Gatiss probably has a qualifaction in Philosophy, which is much funnier than comedy. Always has been!