House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest DisposableHeroes

I've Been Doing The Sums...

Guest DisposableHeroes

Could what we conceive of as being Aliens, actually be... I'm thinking thousand of years have passed, technological evolution has speeded forward... Could have earth's future beings created a time machine, and come back for a nice big cup of coffee?

I have to stress this point. No intergalactic coffee, just coffee.

Edited for beverage complacency.

It sure wouldn't be like Star Trek. A few actors with rubber makeup?? ;)

AS soon as aliens saw "trainers with LED lights", digital photo frames, and religion, they would bugger off, and not come back for hundreds of years! :blink:

Could what we conceive of as being Aliens, actually be... I'm thinking thousand of years have passed, technological evolution has speeded forward... Could have earth's future beings created a time machine, and come back for a nice big cup of tea?

I have to stress this point. No intergalactic tea, just tea.

I hope if they have, it was for a cup of Yorkshire or Tetley Tea. Non of that foreign muck. ;)

I hope if they have, it was for a cup of Yorkshire or Tetley Tea. Non of that foreign muck. ;)

Agreed, all the best tea is grown on the dales.

Guest Skinty
Could what we conceive of as being Aliens, actually be... I'm thinking thousand of years have passed, technological evolution has speeded forward... Could have earth's future beings created a time machine, and come back for a nice big cup of tea?

Yes, but organic tea. I am sure that they would have moved on from dowsing their tea in chemicals.

Anyway why bother creating a time machine? Just slingshot your way around the sun. Works for the Kirk.

Guest X-QUORK

You need to try and move on from the whole aliens and cups of tea threads for a while. I just feel you're in danger of getting into a rut.

I have actually thought that for ages. Well without the tea aspect !!

And the reason they cant make contact with us ? Whole space time continuam thing - as in Back to the Future.

On a serious note - is having visitors from another time any more unlikely that having visitors from another galaxy ?

Guest X-QUORK
One other thing I will add.

All aliens are generally depicted in a humanoid shape which might be a restriction of the special effects from yesteryear or a restriction of the human imagination.

Obviously not all "aliens" fall into this category like Daleks for example, but Cybermen, Autons, Axons, The beast from the pit, Bok, and Predator do.

http://www.scifiscience.co.uk/doctorwho/enemies.html

Umm, you do realise they're all creations of fiction don't you?

Agreed, all the best tea is grown on the dales.

Aye laddy, it sure is. Tha can see the fields o' Tea for miles from top o' t'ilkley moors. Not a dancing, Piano removal chimp in site.

By eck!

Yes, the putative preponderance of humanoid "aliens", or our predisposition to imagine them so, way beyond chance, needs some sort of explanation.

One possibilty is that the universe is inhabited by all sorts of advanced aliens who generally keep well clear of us.

Maybe some (relatively scarce?) humanoid aliens are interested in us mainly because we are also "humanoid", a race of vicious primitives who are nonetheless physically remarkably similar to themselves, or at least to their remote ancestors.

Perhaps they regard Earth as a safari park?