House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anonguest

Tin Foil Hatters Are Infectious

is it just me, or has there genuinely been a notable increase in flights of military helicopters (especially heavy lift Chinhooks) flying over central London (near the Thames)? Its the fact they seem to be circling so much, rather than just flying straight past, that is interesting.

I know the military spend all their time just practising/training/etc, it's just that I never recall seeing so much activity over central London than there has been of late.

Guest anorthosite

I saw two helicopters that looked a bit like Apaches today over Perth.

But then again, this is on the edge of the highlands, not a place unkown to the RAF.

Guest DisposableHeroes
is it just me, or has there genuinely been a notable increase in flights of military helicopters (especially heavy lift Chinhooks) flying over central London (near the Thames)? Its the fact they seem to be circling so much, rather than just flying straight past, that is interesting.

I know the military spend all their time just practising/training/etc, it's just that I never recall seeing so much activity over central London than there has been of late.

London is zealously awash really does seem.

Guest DisposableHeroes
Awash with what? Helicopters or paranoid nutters?!

Laugh if zealous, arms race doesn't stop.

The choppers have been around for many years with the various emcampments. Now where I am now in Essex we have random black Apache's. That is freaky!

Now what twitched me today was a lamp post near Blackfriar's bridge with the obligatory CCTV cameras, but also 4 loudspeakers attached to it. Could be for flood warnings, or something of that ilk, or could be for something else.

Just was weird to see it.

:ph34r::lol:

TFH

Guest DisposableHeroes
The choppers have been around for many years with the various emcampments. Now where I am now in Essex we have random black Apache's. That is freaky!

Now what twitched me today was a lamp post near Blackfriar's bridge with the obligatory CCTV cameras, but also 4 loudspeakers attached to it. Could be for flood warnings, or something of that ilk, or could be for something else.

Just was weird to see it.

:ph34r::lol:

TFH

Localized inhuman zoo's are real down south.

Guest X-QUORK
I saw two helicopters that looked a bit like Apaches today over Perth.

But then again, this is on the edge of the highlands, not a place unkown to the RAF.

Army dear boy, Army. :rolleyes:

Guest X-QUORK

Not really, you have two Regiments of Army Air Corps operating Apaches out of Wattisham just over the county border in Suffolk. They might appear to be black, but they're dark green.