• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Apparently we were about to join the Euro soon as £ and Euro where being managed towards parity, according to some :rolleyes:

Can those explain why they made such silly predictions?

the parity pound wil be here soon, nothings changed.

Has the UK's manufacturing/service industries expanded ? nope.......GDP is fooked for a decade at least.

We are spending more on benefits alone than we gain from business taxation, so where does that difference come from ?

it's getting worse by the month, people who think otherwise either have there heads buried, are believing the media driven recovery hype, or are just stupid. :)

it's a depression & it will be a bad depression. :ph34r:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Has the UK's manufacturing/service industries expanded ? nope.......GDP is fooked for a decade at least.

However, the Pound/Euro exchange rate says nothing about the UK in isolation. So long as Europe is equally fooked the relationship will be unaffected.

I agree with you that the UK will struggle, but will the Eurozone (including Spain and Ireland of course as well as an increasingly rocky Germany) really do any better?

HOLA449
Guest Parry aka GOD
He left when he realised he'd no longer reach his goal of parryty.

Shame. He was good fun. I used to give him boxes of multi-coloured plasticine frogs when he said something REALLY mental.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest Parry aka GOD
What about me.

I agreed with Sibly...the earth is flat....

Please send frogs recorded delivery to Mad Man in Maidstone. Sibly will enjoy them.

Mad as a box of Frogs.

BXLONDONMAN took delivery of the entire stock.

Nice fella though.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Shame. He was good fun. I used to give him boxes of multi-coloured plasticine frogs when he said something REALLY mental.

Yes, BollocksLondonman was definitely a few short of a picnic. Personally I think he was a deranged spreadbetter who thought he'd win his bet if he could convince a few HPCers to sell sterling. Either that or he was Gordon Brown.

HOLA4414
Guest Parry aka GOD
Yes, BollocksLondonman was definitely a few short of a picnic. Personally I think he was a deranged spreadbetter who thought he'd win his bet if he could convince a few HPCers to sell sterling. Either that or he was Gordon Brown.

Oh come on,,,Mikey,,,he was,,,a bit of fun. :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4415
Guest theboltonfury
BXLONDONMAN took delivery of the entire stock.

Nice fella though.

Yes. His parting shot to HPC when being outed as wrong, was to declare himself a buy to letter.

Made me laugh anyway.

HOLA4416
Guest Parry aka GOD
Yes. His parting shot to HPC when being outed as wrong, was to declare himself a buy to letter.

Made me laugh anyway.

I knew he was a BTL merchant, old school type, but never let on.

HOLA4417

We are spending more on benefits alone than we gain from business taxation, so where does that difference come from ?

it's getting worse by the month, people who think otherwise either have there heads buried, are believing the media driven recovery hype, or are just stupid. :)

it's a depression & it will be a bad depression. :ph34r:

and with the rising pound, combine that with FALLING wages in the US, and our saviours, the exporters, are suddenly looking very uncompetitive, while food and oil costs are about to shoot up.

COme september, we are going to be looking at a hard pressed Uk Economy.

course the stock market will keep blowing with its bankers based rescue money.

HOLA4418
However, the Pound/Euro exchange rate says nothing about the UK in isolation. So long as Europe is equally fooked the relationship will be unaffected.

I agree with you that the UK will struggle, but will the Eurozone (including Spain and Ireland of course as well as an increasingly rocky Germany) really do any better?

they have no where near the debt levels the UK has, both public & private. They also have better manufacturing bases & the majority in each european country, tend to buy there own stuff to a certain extent (you don't see many French people driving anything but French cars, that's why there reslae values are so much higher than the lucky bag UK). Large proportions of european people still grow some food.

The majority rent property & if they do buy they put down large deposits.

all generically speaking of course.

I do agree medium term the Eurozone is fooked as wil be the Euro. 5-10 years ??

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
I appreciate that you are just p1ss taking slurms, but on a serious note all I see & hear is redundancies in EVERY area. There is always a government push in one area, I thought it was going to be the green option, now I am not so sure ??

The trade gap is shrinking...

but only because imports are falling more than exports :lol:

Europe will be fine as it has better weather, no economic nouse (sic) required. simples.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Made me laugh anyway.

Well, GOM is predicting that the £ will join the Euro at 1=1 before Christmas 09.

Will he ride out in the sunset like LONDONBOLLXMAN when he's proven wrong?

Here's to hope ;)

HOLA4423
I appreciate that you are just p1ss taking slurms, but on a serious note all I see & hear is redundancies in EVERY area. There is always a government push in one area, I thought it was going to be the green option, now I am not so sure ??

Actually i'm not, although i was rather responding in the way of Noel.

http://www.fxstreet.com/technical/analysis...-08-03.v02.html

Surprise Expansion in U.K. Manufacturing Drives Pound Higher

The GBP USD is showing the most strength with a break out to the upside to a new high for the year. This currency pair has been the biggest surprise since March. While most analysts have been focused on the large budget deficit and poor housing numbers, the U.K. economy has been strengthening in other areas.

I believe its referring to the expansion in the purchasing and supply survey.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle6737190.ece

British manufacturing grew for the first time in 16 months during July, boosted by the fastest flow of new orders since November 2007.

According to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS), the Purchasing Managers Index, which measures activity in the manufacturing sector, rose from a reading of 47.4 to 50.8 between June and July.

Take a bit of stimus money, add in a dash of inventory led demand and you're going to see some growth, this growth if continued would take time to turn into jobs.

FWIW i'm not convinced it's sustainable.

HOLA4424
Guest theboltonfury

Euro has been higher than 1.18 this year. Infact, it's kind of hovered between 1.18 and 1.15 for a few months. It's the dollar that has gone apeshit.

HOLA4425