House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Executive Sadman

Natural Selection

Call me insensitive, but thank god this moron killed himself before being old enough to get behind the wheel of a car, procreate, get access to credit and generally put the rest of our lives in danger.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...volt-cable.html

OK

you're insensitive

how's that?

:P:P

I agree it's quote Darwinian but tbh I did some really stupid shit when I was 15 (maybe not quite that stupid........) and with that in mind I'm not exactly 'thanking god' over the death of a teenage boy.

Call me insensitive, but thank god this moron killed himself before being old enough to get behind the wheel of a car, procreate, get access to credit and generally put the rest of our lives in danger.

Incredibly stupid and dangerous thing to do. I certainly dont think we need more of it.

Guest X-QUORK
I agree it's quote Darwinian but tbh I did some really stupid shit when I was 15 (maybe not quite that stupid........) and with that in mind I'm not exactly 'thanking god' over the death of a teenage boy.

+1

Teenagers do weird things whilst their brains are in a state of hormonal turmoil, so no, I don't share in the schadenfreude myself.

And isn't this part of Western society's current problems?

We spend zillions in resources which could far better be applied elsewhere, trying to protect the stupid against the results of their inate stupidity.

We spend millions on such as IVF, rather than on sorting out genetic problems in naturally conceived babes.

Instead of depriving such as Africa of arms and assisting them to grow food capable of feeding their populations, we wait until they are emaciated and starving and then ship in basic foodstuffs to salve our consciences: rather than preventing the major Western multinationals stealing their raw resources and corrupting their leaders.

We allow the less intelligent the capacity, invariably on benefit, to procreate like bunnies: and then throw millions into "Social Workers" to try and rectify social problems which ought not to have been so critical in the first place.

Generally, current social thinking tries, desperately to counter the realities of Natural Selection: rather as did Canute, try and stem the tide.

Guest theboltonfury

That's an awful story.

The thing is that ALL of his mates said don't do it as they knew it was a death trap. As a 15 year old boy we all do some silly things, but I am unsure I ever even heard of anyone climbing a pylon.

All I can say is that I hope the kids who had the sense to say no aren't permanently traumatised by witnessing a person fried and die right in front of them.